norcaljeff

Dope Rap Songs Tho

elendil - that was pretty tight.

been fuckin with CNN a lot last few days - man, forgot how fucking huge The War Report was when it dropped back in the day - not sure if it was huge outside NYC area but this was straight running the city for a minute. The whole record is just sick, and Tragedy does some great work on it. NORE has those pipes, nobody sounds quite like him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbn1wx7E3OY

elendil - that was pretty tight.

been fuckin with CNN a lot last few days - man, forgot how fucking huge The War Report was when it dropped back in the day - not sure if it was huge outside NYC area but this was straight running the city for a minute. The whole record is just sick, and Tragedy does some great work on it. NORE has those pipes, nobody sounds quite like him

That is some heading nodding stuff right there. Man, those flows seemed familiar.

I am right out of the loop with hip hop, I wouldn't know what the kids are listening too these days. I have loved hip hop since the movie "Breakin" came out in '85, the whole culture appealed to me as a kid, the beats, graf, breaking even the turntables, in my blood now. I mainly listen to the the roots, soul, blues, jazz etc.

Hip hop spawned from New York, I would love to visit one day, nice getting tracks posted by a local, keep em comin KK.

I know this is a dope rap thread but fuck it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So0p8tTiCLk

never heard that before- dope.

Elendil - This one is NYC like a motherfucker - Queensbridge grimy - Infamous Mobb classic with a Havoc beat. Both Twin Gambino and Ty Nitty's voices are just perfect for this beat, especially Twin's grainy delivery.

One of the illest Havoc beats tho

never heard that before- dope.

Elendil - This one is NYC like a motherfucker - Queensbridge grimy - Infamous Mobb classic with a Havoc beat. Both Twin Gambino and Ty Nitty's voices are just perfect for this beat, especially Twin's grainy delivery.

One of the illest Havoc beats tho

Yeah, yeah, love those types of piano/string samples. Keep em droppin!

NYC reppin

Cam, Papoose, Lloyd Banks, and Fab the king of Breevort Houses...yesh we cookin now

NY Fact - the buildings in Breevort Houses projects are 7 stories and theres like 12 or 13 buildings forget which, while the buildings in Queensbridge are 6 stories but there are 96 buildings. "96 buildins of villains"

This one got some ill verses on it, AZ (1st verse) and Foxy reppin BK. Nas and Cormega (2nd verse) yet 2 more Queensbrige cats; Cormega was a real deal street hustler. His career never took off the way it shoulda cause he was in prison for a couple of decent stretches. A dude who everyone in the hood legit feared cause he's a shooter, and a gold glove boxer to boot. He held it down as one of the biggest crack dealers in Queens during the absolute height of the NYC crack era where every hoodlum from other hoods saw QB as a crack peddling goldmine - he is not to be fucked with obv. He spit such an ill verse on this track.

"real shit, my Desert Eagle got a ill grip

I chill with niggas that hit Dominican spots and steal bricks

My red beam made a Dread scream and sprayed a Fed team

Corleone be turnin niggas to fiends"

lol, Mega is cold as fuck - when it comes down to it, you just can't deny Queensbridge is the Mecca.

AZ is not bout that life, but he has such a smooth flow - love AZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYH0fCuUkf4