advertisement_alt
Earlybird893

Hurricane shelters question. Enforce warrants and immigration issues?

That's about as honorable as the Trump administration using the info DACA kids provided the federal government against them, after Trump's announcement. Not that they ever had any honor in the first place, but trusting a government run by the likes off Trump is your first mistake.

This is why you should never be required to give the govt your information. It's like gun registration. Funny you don't understand that.

That is nothing you need to be announcing. If you want to do it, do it.

I agree with this. I also think the Sheriff did everyone a favor.

If I were seeking refuge with my family, I wouldn't want to know that I'm potentially shacking up with a bunch of wanted criminals.

If I were a criminal, I'd be glad to know to make other plans and avoid shelters lest I get arrested.

That is nothing you need to be announcing. If you want to do it, do it.
This. Silly to announce it.

Should be one of those things they just do and when the single mom with 2 kids comes in with a warrant for an unpaid parking ticket from 8 years ago they kindly inform her and tell her to get it taken care of after she is settled back in her home. When the meth dealer with a warrant comes in they ask him to step into a side room and read him his rights.

Lol at "wanted criminals". Most people with warrants have them cause they couldnt afford to pay their speeding ticket and didnt go to court.

You can take your family to a room full of speeders and red light runners if you want. I'm going to the place where these people can't go. I don't need that sort of influence in my life, expecially in a time of crisis.

Seriously, like they are really going to be focused on arresting people with unpaid tickets.

Extreme literal translations are the worst.

You can take your family to a room full of speeders and red light runners if you want. I'm going to the place where these people can't go. I don't need that sort of influence in my life, expecially in a time of crisis.

I would rather ride out the storm alone than be in a room full of people that can't afford parking tickets.

Lol okay bud.

How would you feel if you had some shit warrant and a family?

Would you read that and be like, "no, the government are reasonable. They arent talking about me".

Good luck woth that.

Exactly. It's a really safe bet that the overwhelming majority of people with warrants don't know they have them and they're for traffic violations and shit.

Something like a seventh of NYC's population has open arrest warrants and most are for shit like not paying a parking ticket or riding a bike on the sidewalk then missing their court date.

Lol okay bud.

How would you feel if you had some shit warrant and a family?

Would you read that and be like, "no, the government are reasonable. They arent talking about me".

Good luck woth that.

Doubt people with unpaid speeding tickets realize they have warrants for their arrests. People who know they have warrants are usually for more severe shit.

Nonetheless, like Lefty said, going to a shelter is shitty in itself, much less with a bunch of fucking poor criminals who don't handle their business.

Good riddance.

Ive had like 5 warrants.

I was well aware of all of them

You're also not an idiot, most people are idiots.

My sister's bf got pulled over a couple months ago and ended up spending a weekend in county for unpaid tolls. He had no clue his license was suspended and that he had a warrant. It was hilarious when he tried to explain how people are "allowed" to run x amount of tolls a month and that it was bullshit that they came after for it bc he never went over that amount. It's even better that he has epass and to run tolls he had to reach up, pull it off his window and stick in the glove box. He literally went out of his way to run tolls thinking he was allowed to do.

I remember one time The National Guard came and picked up the family downstairs during a Hurricane. ...we were just like "Fuck that noise" ... They came for us and we just pretended we weren't home.

I had some of my girlfriend's girlfriends over. we had candles. we had batteries for the radio. We had tons of coolers and ice and beer.

It's called preparation people.

I remember one time The National Guard came and picked up the family downstairs during a Hurricane. ...we were just like "Fuck that noise" ... They came for us and we just pretended we weren't home.

I had some of my girlfriend's girlfriends over. we had candles. we had batteries for the radio. We had tons of coolers and ice and beer.

It's called preparation people.

Pics or...