Question

Kr3nsh2w    10

Blinds 5K/10K

UTG min raises.

Folds to me in BB

I raise to 60K

UTG Shoves for 55 bb's super deep.

YqQNsNf.png

Am I folding here or calling? I know I shouldve flat pre but he's been bullying me alot before this hand.

6 answers to this question

FlopDeck    10

Blinds 5K/10K

UTG min raises.

Folds to me in BB

I raise to 60K

UTG Shoves for 55 bb's super deep.

YqQNsNf.png

Am I folding here or calling? I know I shouldve flat pre but he's been bullying me alot before this hand.

Some points to make before getting to a response..

1. What was your planned reaction if, say, villain pumped it up to 200k? Were you getting it in, rage folding, flatting and hoping to dodge Q-A? I assume there was a plan and this shove threw you off.

2. Are you certain this villain was bullying you? If so, roughly how many chips were dumped into his stack?

3. Was villain overall really aggro or was your feeling that he was just coming after you? Also, was Pessagno coming after you as well?

As played, villains shove seems to be more of a scare tactic that anything else as it's just a huge raise. Best to attempt to narrow villains range here and see where we stand. Unless we're dealing with a complete spewtard then i think we can rule out some hands, namely 22-77, most/maybe all low-mid suited connectors and a bunch of offsuit broadways, some of which we have removal against with our Hooks. If villain had been actually bullying you then i would be surprised if hands as strong as JJ+ or AK/s were played this way as it removes a lot of your rage-playback hands from doing anything as you're now essentially all in. As far as A-high hands go, some possibilities might be the suited wheels, ATs, AQo, AKo, maybe AJs but we block those heavily. KTs+ are a maybe. Don'y think Q high or lower hands are bombing it here. 77-TT add up to a degree. I think we should call here even though it's a gigantic raise, for all our chips. QQ+ just seems unlikely to me with this play and those hands are our real concern. If villain has one of those and gets a call from us then we've been owned, potentially. I'll go with call it off and see what other forum responses say. Interesting spot. Thanks for posting.

Kr3nsh2w    10

Some points to make before getting to a response..

1. What was your planned reaction if, say, villain pumped it up to 200k? Were you getting it in, rage folding, flatting and hoping to dodge Q-A? I assume there was a plan and this shove threw you off.

2. Are you certain this villain was bullying you? If so, roughly how many chips were dumped into his stack?

3. Was villain overall really aggro or was your feeling that he was just coming after you? Also, was Pessagno coming after you as well?

As played, villains shove seems to be more of a scare tactic that anything else as it's just a huge raise. Best to attempt to narrow villains range here and see where we stand. Unless we're dealing with a complete spewtard then i think we can rule out some hands, namely 22-77, most/maybe all low-mid suited connectors and a bunch of offsuit broadways, some of which we have removal against with our Hooks. If villain had been actually bullying you then i would be surprised if hands as strong as JJ+ or AK/s were played this way as it removes a lot of your rage-playback hands from doing anything as you're now essentially all in. As far as A-high hands go, some possibilities might be the suited wheels, ATs, AQo, AKo, maybe AJs but we block those heavily. KTs+ are a maybe. Don'y think Q high or lower hands are bombing it here. 77-TT add up to a degree. I think we should call here even though it's a gigantic raise, for all our chips. QQ+ just seems unlikely to me with this play and those hands are our real concern. If villain has one of those and gets a call from us then we've been owned, potentially. I'll go with call it off and see what other forum responses say. Interesting spot. Thanks for posting.

1. If villain raised to 200K I might have shoved it on him hoping that he would call with worse or fold 200k.

2. I'm quite sure he was bullying me because he did 3-bet me every hand I opened.

3. I wouldn't say he was really aggro. Pessagno wasn't really pressuring me to be honest.

Just looking at this picture makes me realize more and more that I should have called and probably would've been ahead and having a shot at a 250$ bounty..

Kr3nsh2w    10

Do you have HUD stats on villain?

7 hands so very small sample, but I think he played 2-3 of those against me.

FlopDeck    10

1. If villain raised to 200K I might have shoved it on him hoping that he would call with worse or fold 200k.

2. I'm quite sure he was bullying me because he did 3-bet me every hand I opened.

3. I wouldn't say he was really aggro. Pessagno wasn't really pressuring me to be honest.

Just looking at this picture makes me realize more and more that I should have called and probably would've been ahead and having a shot at a 250$ bounty..

Late response, I know, but hey, life and shit.

1. Doesn't sound like you had much of a plan other than raise because you had JJ. You said you thought he was bullying you so this becomes an even weaker fold imo. Why not maybe attempt a trap with a strong hand like JJ vs this perceived bully and run with it on most boards, or, just get it in when he makes this large over-shove? If he has you beat then so be it. Players like this will run you into the ground if you let them.

2. He's on your direct left in a 6-max format. If you're folding 100 to him then he should be relentlessly 3betting you until it doesn't work anymore. Same for 8 or 9 max as well. If you're letting someone away with it then it should be a repeat process as it's easy money. For them.

3. Okay. So, he's not aggro beyond normality but is repeatedly raising the guy opening and folding to 3bets 100 at his table who happens to be to his direct right. I don't think you're being bullied here, per say. Just outplayed. I mean, he made a sizable shove like this and you folded JJ to him. Think about this. He's printing money here by just hammering at you. Forget about bullying here or anything like that, you're dumping chips into his stack and folding premium hands pre in the process.

I didn't see your response to Negrealanu until i had typed out the above response. A 7-hand sample just isn't even close to enough to suggest a player is bullying you. This makes me dislike this fold even more now after hearing that. 7 hands. So 1 orbit? I'm genuinely not sure whether this is a case of overthinking or under-thinking on your part. That tourney is far from a WCOOP HR but as a $22 $30k GTD on stars you can be sure it's attracting some very astute players. As evident by Pessagno or your right, obviously. I took a quick look at your cash list and found this game and seen Pessagno won it. Not surprising. Villain in question here came in 4th for just shy of $900. This deep in this type of tourney the better players are just going to brutalize any "spot" they see relentlessly.