Guest Hank H1LL

8 Dead in Santa Fe, TX School Shooting

Willywoo    320

Is this level 2 or 3?

I agree. We could use more car safety. In fact, I think there are people working on that issue daily. Wanna talk about gun safety now? Or can our society only solve one problem at a time?

Guns are a lot safer and more reliable than they were 200 years ago. They are designed better, they work better, and they have safeties. Rarely do they explode in your face.

JB    954

Guns are a lot safer and more reliable than they were 200 years ago. They are designed better, they work better, and they have safeties. Rarely do they explode in your face.

Well that is certainly a relief.

Is this level 2 or 3?

I agree. We could use more car safety. In fact, I think there are people working on that issue daily. Wanna talk about gun safety now? Or can our society only solve one problem at a time?

Your society can't solve any problems because the people are too brainwashed by people who's goal is to create problems for their own benefit.

You do realize the amount of people talking about Gun safety compared to traffic safety is about 1000 to 1 right ? Although the latter would have a larger benefit it gets about 0.01% of the focus gun safety gets by the media and the citizens ? Why is that? Why is it more important? Because certain people want it to be more important because it is part of their agenda.

I'm not telling you to ignore gun safety and not have your repetitive gun discussions over and over that go absolutely nowhere.

I'm telling you that despite what your media is pushing down your throat, there is actually more important things to worry about.

I am just making a point, not trying to discount the entire discussion on guns as not necessary. Since you seemed to not be able to get the point, i had to keep talking about it more then the one post which should have got the point across on its own.

ginwilly    0

I'm laughing about the "ban cars" because they kill people posts. Cars (unlike guns) are necessary. The government, manufacturers and private interests have all taken steps to make cars, roads and traffic safer. Guns, well they just kill better with every new version and they have a powerful lobby that stands in the way of any meaningful and logical solutions to problems.

Wait, aren't cars the main cause of global warming that's going wipe out all life itself on this planet?

Willywoo    320

put out cafeteria pizza for them

Come on dude, you live in the city. You know what happens when you feed the squirrels. Little fuckers start feeling entitled.

Aaron_Hacker    1,816

I’m truly amazed at the mental gymnastics you go through to justify your beliefs. What a way to spend your existence.

Except that he is 100000000000% correct and you’re too stupid to understand.

Willywoo    320

Well, Pintos don't explode anymore either.

I always preferred the Maverick anyway.

Willywoo    320

Wait, aren't cars the main cause of global warming that's going wipe out all life itself on this planet?

And light bulbs. They aren't necessary either.

acp    507

Your society can't solve any problems because the people are too brainwashed by people who's goal is to create problems for their own benefit.

You do realize the amount of people talking about Gun safety compared to traffic safety is about 1000 to 1 right ? Although the latter would have a larger benefit it gets about 0.01% of the focus gun safety gets by the media and the citizens ? Why is that? Why is it more important? Because certain people want it to be more important because it is part of their agenda.

I'm not telling you to ignore gun safety and have your repetitive gun discussions over and over that go absolutely nowhere.

I'm telling you that despite what your media is pushing down your throat, there is actually more important things to worry about.

Well because... this is america

JB    954

So what you are saying is that the current state of gun control is fine cause cars kill more people.

Sounds like good enough logic to me.

Sheep gonna sheep. Im gonna go buy a gun now and make america great again.

killingbird    550

I'll bite. so in this case (guns) what is the problem that gun control folks are trying to create and what is the benefit to them?

Aaron_Hacker    1,816

Anyone that thinks that the gun debate is about people being more safe and less people dying is so naive that I can’t even imagine them being a post pubescent adult.

At least RT2 understands what the debate is actually about and what the end game is. He is standing on the wrong side of history, but at least he understands the stakes.

XXEDPXX    381

Except that he is 100000000000% correct and you’re too stupid to understand.

I was talking to all of you. Should have worded it better

JB    954

Anyone that thinks that the gun debate is about people being more safe and less people dying is so naive that I can’t even imagine them being a post pubescent adult.

At least RT2 understands what the debate is actually about and what the end game is. He is standing on the wrong side of history, but at least he understands the stakes.

You are level 9000.

I aspire to get there one day.

Seriously tho... if I go buy a gun, will you guys except me into your club?

OneM24    82

Generally speaking, it's not the gun's fault if you have an "explosion in your face". Clean the fucking gun. Use reputable ammo, or learn how to pack it properly lol

It's generally a dirty weapon, or faulty ammo. Don't blame the gun IMO.

So what you are saying is that the current state of gun control is fine cause cars kill more people.

did you purposely ignore the part I posted right after that? OR you missed my edit i guess.

"I'm not telling you to ignore gun safety and not have your repetitive gun discussions over and over that go absolutely nowhere.

I am just making a point, not trying to discount the entire discussion on guns as not necessary. Since you seemed to not be able to get the point, i had to keep talking about it more then the one post which should have got the point across on its own."

Gun control is a worthy topic, but its complete hijacking of focus compared to other important issues is for a reason. And not because it is more important or will save more lives.

ginwilly    0

Can't really say that about cell phones anymore.

OneM24    82

You don't think it's even remotely possible that it's partly about safety? I know there are a ton of people who would just as soon ban all firearms, but to think that there aren't just as many who simply want more control and accountability is a bit naive IMO.

Aaron_Hacker    1,816

You are level 9000.

I aspire to get there one day.

Seriously tho... if I go buy a gun, will you guys except me into your club?

The first step to not being asleep is to realize that world history didn’t begin the day you were born. Take some time to really internalize that.

killingbird    550

Generally speaking, it's not the gun's fault if you have an "explosion in your face". Clean the fucking gun. Use reputable ammo, or learn how to pack it properly lol

It's generally a dirty weapon, or faulty ammo. Don't blame the gun IMO.

speaking of which...how long is ammo good? I've been sitting on the same box of 9mm rounds for like 8 years. If I have to buy new ones, how does one dispose of the old ones?

I'll bite. so in this case (guns) what is the problem that gun control folks are trying to create and what is the benefit to them?

The Political Left (marxists) want to create this divide and paint all gun supporters as they have been to attempt to sway public support overwhelmingly in their favor to eventually confiscate all of the guns and therefore make it easier going forward to continue the Marxist agenda against an unarmed citizenry.

ginwilly    0

Creating criminals out of innocent people one line at a time?

JB    954

The first step to not being asleep is to realize that world history didn’t begin the day you were born. Take some time to really internalize that.

lol very profound.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Willywoo    320

I would point out that cars came into the discussion because someone compared the government requirements to drive a car with government requirement for owning a gun. I made a post as to why that is a bogus comparison. It's because of the silly rules that were agreed to back in 1776. And I also explained why the necessity argument doesn't work and tried to give RT2 a hint about necessity v usefulness and the diversity of our population when it comes to the usefulness of guns and how wonderful it would be if people would stop imposing their beliefs, especially erroneous beliefs, on other people. Some basic stuff like that.