advertisement_alt

Anyone Else Playing WSOP Event 4 ($1500 O/8) or Event 7 (Colossus)?

hushpuckena    1

Busted out of the Omaha late the first day.

Took a couple shots at the Colossus, but came up empty. , on reflexion I agree re the structure: it sucks and I will not play that again.

Ready to have a go at the $1500 NL big blind ante event this morning.

negrealanu    10

I couldn’t resist and fired 3 bullets. Min cashed twice so we’ll declare it a victory. Easy tournament to spray in and like killingbird said the structure is completely neutralized by the softness of the field. Not good value but was worth a shot.

hushpuckena    1

Just survived all-in with A8o after bringing it in from the button and getting shoved over by a laggy BB. Given the player, easy called. Heading turned over KQo with the runout 8JTT3. Up to 8k; first time I have been over 7000 since the first ten minutes.

hushpuckena    1

Thanks!

Bit more was needed, though; a while later, got into it with Cherish Andrews, whom I'd never seen before but has numerous cashes at the WSOP.

I raised it up with 77 first to act and she three-bet from the button, which she had done a lot of with broadways and such, so I decided to shove over what I thought was a meh range. She snap-called AQo and the board didn't help either of us. Doubled up to 12k.

Dropped back to 8000, then got into it with Cherish again. She min-raised to 400 from the cutoff and I flatted JTd in the BB.

Flop came AKQ rainbow; I checked and instead of the natural play of calling, raised the bet of 500 to 2K, which was called. The turn bricked and I set her in for her remaining 4000, which got snap-called. She turned over A5o and was out.

After dropping back to 12k, lost half my stack to a button steal when my opponent woke up with AQ vs my A9. Same player broke me a bit later when I shoved over him with A8 and ran into AJ.

Short life and a merry one.