advertisement_alt

Do you play online poker for a living?

elendil    247

Dipthrong still has the most Dipthrong hendon mob photo, shit cracks me up every time i see it.

What the Joey Ingram podcast with dipthong.

A Mr Freeze write up on the podcast would be good.

elendil    247

Def gonna watch this now.

I was goin to provide a disclaimer. If you feel you are wasting your time you can turn it off.

Tommy Angelo, Odd oddsen, Sauce123 and Fullflush are good ones.

JustALurker    3

Definitely some interesting stuff BOKE. Thanks for sharing. How would you say your game changes without a backer? I can imagine it would feel quite a bit different.

Mrfreeze53    134

I was goin to provide a disclaimer. If you feel you are wasting your time you can turn it off.

50 mins in Dipthrong its good. I was hoping it was pre sobriety. Still solid, dipthrong is just on another level of skill and run good. It makes perfect sense him and Paulgees and taypaur are besties. Dudes crush it.

Mrfreeze53    134

I watch joeys podcast regularly juat didnt kbow he had one with herm.

Mrfreeze53    134

I suck at poker, but when a few really good players were on my screen i could always fuck with them enough to know i won. Not the tourney ever just there mind. Dipthrong, Zachattack, and Xmachine. Zachattack by far the most.

B_O_K_E    562

Definitely some interesting stuff BOKE. Thanks for sharing. How would you say your game changes without a backer? I can imagine it would feel quite a bit different.

Once you go into makeup its really hard not to just go on autopilot, go through the motions and just play cards/not paying attention/ etc. Its really a miserable time when you are buried and stuck and playing games or tournaments where wins or winning sessions are just a chip off the makeup. I felt terrible even with the buyout with my last backer because he is a friend and also its the first backer I didnt profit for. Still only lost him 30k total, which is relatively small for the stakes he plays and backs.

SlapNPickle    2

cornhole GPPs are dead - everyone's solid

Nobody 3-4 x’s their bag spin anymore. All these new wizards somehow get it to stop at 2.3.

Also, those SEC dudes are getting good at checking the score and then shoving it in the hole for value.

ripomatic    108

Nobody 3-4 x’s their bag spin anymore. All these new wizards somehow get it to stop at 2.3.

Also, those SEC dudes are getting good at checking the score and then shoving it in the hole for value.

let me know when these new wizards double hand grab the whole stack and shove it in the hole.

m_hawk_1    0

I did really well at midstakes online MTTs for a few years, but games got tougher and I started having much bigger swings. Ended up taking a job at a big tech company end of 2013. I still play a session here and there for fun, but doubt I have much of an edge. Work pays great, so made the right decision at the right time, but really miss the freedom of mostly playing 2-3 days a week and just doing fun stuff the rest of the time.

TheSilentBob    338

Poker always worked best for me as a side hustle. I did two stints where I played full time and while I made it through both with no backers, neither was really a success. I crushed on Bodog but by the time Bovada came around it was mostly break even. I crushed on Absolute but that went away. Post 2010, I would play a tournament here and there but I hardly touched the game until the Global thread. Now I mess around a little on there but I haven’t done shit and I’m still looking for the right niche. If they had hi-lo then I’d just post up there. As it stands, the tournament fields are cake but I can’t beat the micro NLHE tables.