advertisement_alt
marinersheep

2010-2018 The Best Movie of Each Year

HAHA. bfactors all-timer is your 7th of 2015.

I didnt understand Neon Demon. Not sure why you liked it so much. i think you overrated it to seem more sophisticated.

And I think you're an idiot, we'll agree to disagree. My lists are diverse, I don't pick movies to like to seem more sophisticated, plenty of films have deeper meanings that fucksticks such as yourself can't begin to grasp. That's okay, anytime I want crypto advice I allow myself to realize your more well versed on the subject. See that's the difference between us 80, I'm intelligent, but can make objective decisions on topics, and whether I'm more informed than a fuckstick eating retard crisps. Its okay you don't understand film, enjoy Get Out, just shut the fuck up when discussion pops up.

This has been going around Twitter the past couple days - what is the best movie from each year so far this decade?

My list:

2010 - Inception

2011 - The Help

2012 - Life of Pi

2013 - Her

2014 - Boyhood

2015 - Kingsman: The Secret Service

2016 - La La Land

2017 - The Shape of Water

2018 - A Star is Born

this list is missing the sandy-jizz-hands movie where you think it's going to be Boyz in the Hood for a minute but then a black kid gets jacked off on the beach by a dude.

Guest forgetparry
this list is missing the sandy-jizz-hands movie where you think it's going to be Boyz in the Hood for a minute but then a black kid gets jacked off on the beach by a dude.

Interesting

This has been going around Twitter the past couple days - what is the best movie from each year so far this decade?

My list:

2010 - Inception

2011 - The Help

2012 - Life of Pi

2013 - Her

2014 - Boyhood

2015 - Kingsman: The Secret Service

2016 - La La Land

2017 - The Shape of Water

2018 - A Star is Born

not seen a single one of these maybe kingsman is that the dorky bond type movie fuck i dont know how to describe but it sucked and i watched afew minutes of it.

Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought wolf of Wall Street was pretty popular around here. I think the length and repetition are pretty crucial to the movie fwiw

I guess I’m not so surprised that Moonlight isn’t an OT favorite, but I think it’s pretty great. Jenkins’ next movie, If Beale Street Could Talk is my most anticipated of what remains in 2018

I am pretty sure I saw Wolf in the theater, and remember it really feeling like it was in neutral for a long period of time where it wasn't really that interesting aside from beating to death how out of control Belfort was at the time. since it was from a local story, it might have also been that everyone at the movie here already knew the story and that might have hurt the feel in the place tbh - if that makes any sense.

in a way, it might have played better outside of NY than in it?

2010 - Certified Copy - Somewhere

2011 - The Turin Horse - Margaret - Melancholia - The Tree of Life

2012 - Cosmopolis

2013 - The Wolf of Wall Street - Her

2014 - Inherent Vice

2015 - Knight of Cups

2016 - Moonlight

2017 - Good Luck - mother! - Good Time

2018 - The Other Side of the Wind

Inherent Vice= Pile. Of. Shit.

Mother!= Steaming. Pile. Of. Shit.

[quote=80lballz;9272293

2015 The big short

+1

Straight Outta Compton was a better movie in 2015 than the Big Shorts

and that kingsman nonsense

Close but NO! and that Kingsman film was garrrrrrrrbage.

Inherent Vice= Pile. Of. Shit.

Mother!= Steaming. Pile. Of. Shit.

+1

I challenge everyone to Go back and watch the Big Short a few times.

The new Dick Cheney film is all the same people, should be awesome!

Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought wolf of Wall Street was pretty popular around here. I think the length and repetition are pretty crucial to the movie fwiw

I guess I’m not so surprised that Moonlight isn’t an OT favorite, but I think it’s pretty great. Jenkins’ next movie, If Beale Street Could Talk is my most anticipated of what remains in 2018

IIRC correctly it was the 2nd funniest movie of the year behind This Is The End which is a classic. I agree with some of the critiques but man it was entertaining.