advertisement_alt

I don't get this...

I've been wondering about this now for a while, and since I've expierenced lately how horrible the variance can be in MTT's (I'm more of a cash game player), there is something I don't understand...

By the way variance works, you can't always win and be profitable in every tournament, yet I see a lot of pros in live MTT that seem to get at least in the money, almost every tourney... Just lately I got kicked out of a whole bunch of tournaments I played, just cuz of the variance, without even making a mistake.

Someone told me that you don't see multiple buy-ins that players do on Hendon mob. Don't know if that is the reason... But it really surprise me, since if you play Live and not online you play a lot less volume, so you would think the variance hits you even more... For example this countryman of me here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=73283

killingbird    2

Based on his Hendon Mob he cashed in 16 tourneys this year. He played the WSOP and probably played 30+ tournaments just in that 1.5 month time frame. So lets make some assumptions that that was his busiest month and the other 10+ months he only played 15 per month. That is another 150 tournaments. So something like 180 live tournaments played and cashed 15. That is pretty normal.

I'm obviously making some assumptions here but i would be shocked if I am off by too far.

Based on his Hendon Mob he cashed in 16 tourneys this year. He played the WSOP and probably played 30+ tournaments just in that 1.5 month time frame. So lets make some assumptions that that was his busiest month and the other 10+ months he only played 15 per month. That is another 150 tournaments. So something like 180 live tournaments played and cashed 15. That is pretty normal.

I'm obviously making some assumptions here but i would be shocked if I am off by too far.

Euh but if he played so much more tournaments then they would show up in that list too? Cuz I don't think that guy still plays much online... But it's just an example, saw that #1 on all-time money list had a bunch of great results almost back to back, I can't imagine that's without having the variance and luck on your side for a while...

LT Smash    10

HendonMob doesn’t list the tournaments you play in. Just the ones you cashed in. And that doesn’t include most dailies.

HendonMob doesn’t list the tournaments you play in. Just the ones you cashed in. And that doesn’t include most dailies.

Wow really? Oh lol I've been really mistaking about that then, thanks for mentioning...

I get it now, but how can you be profitable if you only cash in 15 tournaments out of 180? Cuz I don't think I would be winning money if I were only 15 times in the money after playing 150 tournaments :p