advertisement_alt

1 of 3 Hands from a Short Session

Question

Reggie66    10

How is my overall play? I sometimes take a flop on the BB if I get min raised.

Hand Replay:https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/ff0b83585d

Hand Transcript:

PokerStars Hand #194815897106: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2019/01/07 22:56:22 ET

Table 'Thuban' 6-max Seat #3 is the button

Seat 1: Goodspeed65 ($2.82 in chips)

Seat 2: jelqtastic ($1.70 in chips)

Seat 3: sweetJones71 ($1.06 in chips)

Seat 4: Claudinka887A ($1.50 in chips)

Seat 5: gbuch66 ($2.49 in chips)

Claudinka887A: posts small blind $0.01

gbuch66: posts big blind $0.02

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to gbuch66 [4c Qs]

Goodspeed65: calls $0.02

jelqtastic: raises $0.02 to $0.04

sweetJones71: folds

Claudinka887A: calls $0.03

gbuch66: calls $0.02

Goodspeed65: calls $0.02

*** FLOP *** [Ts Ks 4h]

Claudinka887A: checks

gbuch66: checks

Goodspeed65: checks

jelqtastic: checks

*** TURN *** [Ts Ks 4h] [Qd]

gbuch66: bets $0.08

Goodspeed65: folds

jelqtastic: calls $0.08

Claudinka887A: calls $0.08

*** RIVER *** [Ts Ks 4h Qd] [3c]

gbuch66: checks

jelqtastic: bets $0.14

Claudinka887A: calls $0.14

gbuch66: calls $0.14

*** SHOW DOWN ***

jelqtastic: shows [Ad 8d] (high card Ace)

Claudinka887A: shows [Kh 7d] (a pair of Kings)

gbuch66: shows [4c Qs] (two pair, Queens and Fours)

gbuch66 collected $0.78 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $0.82 | Rake $0.04

Board [Ts Ks 4h Qd 3c]

Seat 1: Goodspeed65 folded on the Turn

Seat 2: jelqtastic showed [Ad 8d] and lost with high card Ace

Seat 3: sweetJones71 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 4: Claudinka887A (small blind) showed [Kh 7d] and lost with a pair of Kings

Seat 5: gbuch66 (big blind) showed [4c Qs] and won ($0.78) with two pair, Queens and Fours

4 answers to this question

knocker    10

That was pretty good. Conservative with just the 4 but stay in there. Lay in the weeds a bit with 2 pair, nice. But you should have check raised the river not just check called. The only thing you had to be afraid of there was K/Q or K/10. Two of the queens are already accounted for. Making another one out there less likely. So it's only K/10 really. The betting said they didn't have it. Min-raise preflop already pretty much rules out K/Q or 10 anyway 5 handed. Everybody was showing weakness all the way along. Big fat nothing for the one guy. Kicker trouble for the other.

Everybody checking the flop rules out anybody hit it big most of the time. That might have been the time for a 1/3 pot sized bet to see if anybody had anything and at the same time you're representing a 10. A lot of times you take it down right there.

I know you never have much time to do it but you have to ask, "what can beat me, and why would I believe they have it? Right there you had no reason to believe it. Unless one or both of those guys had been playing extra sneaky, always checking top pair and sets. In which case, maybe you did the right thing just calling. I wasn't there.

Weakness, lack of aggression, no reason to believe your hand isn't good, raise the river.

carlmellor    10

Out turn half pot donk seems fine.

AJo (possibly KQo) the only 'realistic' likely hand(s) that could've gotten there on the turn from the original raiser.

He sort of capped his range by not betting on that 2 tone flop. Most people with a big hand would bet that wet flop in a multi way pot, we can therefore pretty much confidently remove KK+ (probably 44 too)

If he raised the turn very big then I'd have very little trouble throwing our hand into the muck, 2p or not (most people are not bluff raising light here, remember we've removed KK+/44 and we now also block QQ, if he raised us big then it's weighted more towards AJ/KQ). I'd sigh call if he min raised (or thereabouts). River would be X decide, pointing more towards folding if his bet was very large.

---

Given that both (remaining) villains X called our turn donk, I think us donking the river again is greater than us trying to XR, but having said that (and given that I don't play micro cash), the SB with his K7o is probably gripping, so there's probably a lot of value being missed playing more conservatively.

(I'm sort of giving you my thought process playing against decent mtt type of players, so any content from me could be a little skewered when it comes to the type of villain(s) you are running into at micro cash).

What you should be able to take away from some of my input here, is why we were (relatively easily) able to cap his range on the flop.

You should be asking yourself - 'Why didn't he dbl barrel?'. If you can't come up with a good reason then start removing hands from his range, (this becomes easier with time, **When you start playing against better players, then they will occasionally X back big hands for deception, but down at these micro stakes I would lean more towards what I'm saying here about them capping themselves).

Good Luck as always.

Carl.

Ps - GII = Get It In.

Reggie66    10

Thanks. I love hearing your thought process. I run into alot of fish at micro stakes. I gotta build a bankroll, but its hard as a broke college kid. I wanna be a MTT player

DavidK    0

I would bet River. If I check river it's just for a check raise. From my experience in 2NL, holding 2 pair there can get paid from many weaker hands.