advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  

Really Tired With Pala Poker Late Regging Bots

IrishEyes27    10

As anyone who plays on the site (only reason to play is for the 2x daily $50 GTD free rolls or maybe really soft cash game scoops) I am seriously getting tired of Pala late regging bots or "staff" into these Free Rolls with 1 to 5 minutes left. There is ABSOLUTELY no way any late reg could win even if they won EVERY automatic all in (they are starting with a 3k stack SB at 10 SBk 20k BB) every flip. This tactic has caused me to stone bubble ITM about 10 times now. And if you player/sharkscope said "players" it's beyond obvious they are bots or staff.... GROSS!!!!! OR a bot CAN win a flip on an all in and stone bubble a locked ITM player...Also F's up the redraws...  Also they make sure to update their leader board WAYYY late so that you don't know your actually in the place your in i.e. "I could have just folded to a cash".... Games are pretty much shootouts but with extremely good play I managed to make well over 200 USD$ THAN this late reg crap started...........

P.S. - Trolls need not respond with "wow you really need 25/15/10 $"... yup don't mind adding it to my micro play wins....

Edited by IrishEyes27

knocker    10

Believe me.  I'll be the first one to say online poker is a corrupt sewer.   And I always am the first one.  But I don't see them going to the trouble to get 75 cents back out of a $50 freeroll.  Late Reg hijacking at the last second is a real genuine strategy some people use.  You have to get lucky and catch a hand quick.   If you can double or triple up once or twice, you make the bubble and get your money back.   Then who knows how high you might get.

Some people do it to avoid all the early shoving and bingo play.  You have pocket Aces and your 10BB reraise gets called by 7 other hands.  9/4 offsuit ends up beating you.   Some people like to wait till all those people are gone and the blinds are so high nobody is fooling around like that anymore.  Then when they get their pocket Aces, it's against one other guy, and he gets the true 85% advantage Aces have over one other random hand. 

People do it.  It's not uncommon, and some people even find it profitable.       

IrishEyes27    10

3 hours ago, knocker said:

Believe me.  I'll be the first one to say online poker is a corrupt sewer.   And I always am the first one.  But I don't see them going to the trouble to get 75 cents back out of a $50 freeroll.  Late Reg hijacking at the last second is a real genuine strategy some people use.  You have to get lucky and catch a hand quick.   If you can double or triple up once or twice, you make the bubble and get your money back.   Then who knows how high you might get.

Some people do it to avoid all the early shoving and bingo play.  You have pocket Aces and your 10BB reraise gets called by 7 other hands.  9/4 offsuit ends up beating you.   Some people like to wait till all those people are gone and the blinds are so high nobody is fooling around like that anymore.  Then when they get their pocket Aces, it's against one other guy, and he gets the true 85% advantage Aces have over one other random hand. 

People do it.  It's not uncommon, and some people even find it profitable.       

Noted truly, but these are Super Hyper Turbos there is NO other reason for these reggers than to f#$k up game flow. If you played on Pala or even checked it out you would see what I am talking about. I am fully aware of late reg strategies (I use it often in a daily $12 888 game with GOOD reason). This is not that. This is literally bots, staff OR in home and or collusion with a "friend" or partner to 100% guarantee a lock on top 1/2 spot. I have been on a LONG downswing therefore I had to take a step back from the low mids but really this is not what these late reggers are doing it's simply impossible for them to win........ They are free rolls so it won't stop me from playing but man is it fu@#$g annoying. Your response is well written and gives good insight into lat reg strategies but they simply don't apply to the latter. Again there is NO "buying in" or catching. The games are literally OVER and the blinds put them all in 3x so..... it's pure bullshit...... There is NO other reason for it. Also if you saw the "randomization" algorithm / card distribution in these games you would go bananas... Meh....

P.S. - Also game structure is 25/10/15 top three pay that's it whether 8 players register or 8 million so even MORE reason for the post. The average field is the same 25-40 people daily. BUT the late reggers ALL are "people" who somehow started playing in late 2018 (when Pala popped up) and ONLY late reg into THESE games with 100% -EV lose rates! No net profits to speak of. If that's not enough "proof"I don't know what is...

Edited by IrishEyes27
MOre info

knocker    10

Hyper turbos I get what you're saying.  4 minutes and you're blinded off.   That's insane and in no way profitable.  I'm a lot like you, I see things at Pokerstars others don't.  I keep track of winning hands that go to a showdown.  I look down at J4, see that it hasn't won in 2 days, or 5000 hands of poker, I fold it.  I watch the flop.  It comes KJ7 and you have the back door flush draw.   One guy has KT the other pocket 7's.  I know as soon as I see it and just laugh.    And as soon as I see the gin card 4 hit the turn I laugh even harder.  That kind of stuff is just happening endlessly there.  How many people are betting into that?  Everybody.  I see it because I'm looking for it, nobody else does.  

Hey, if you say that's going on there, I'm not going to tell you it's not.   You're there watching, and people who are watching can see it.    And like I always say, I don't doubt all kinds of slippery, greasy stuff is going on.  It is to the poker site's advantage to bust you out so you have to buy back in and pay another rake.  Bad beats is how they make money and I know they're making sure it happens lots.

That flat fee poker site we were talking about...  takes all the incentive to pull that kind of crap out of the picture.  Flat fee, doesn't matter what you do it's all the same to the site.  

knocker    10

I learned something new this afternoon.  A new lesson in how they rig online poker.   It opened up a whole new avenue of thought for me and I think I understand this hijacking business you're talking about now.  There is an innocent explanation yes, but behind that is a darker nefarious reality running parallel to it.      

Imagine if when you got knocked out and rebuy, or buy in late,  you catch 20 straight  hands of 7/4 and 8/3.  Most of the time that's what should be happening.  You sit at the table doing nothing, and you eventually get effectively blinded off, throwing your last 3BB in with J/3.  It's the best hand you've seen so far, you just got raised all-in in the BB,  and of course you lose with it.  Would you keep rebuying and late reg hijacking if that happened every time, or even every other time?  I wouldn't, nobody would.   So they set it up so the first hand in after the rebuy is the lucky pocket Aces.  Imagine that!  What are the odds of that happening?  Pretty good considering they're selling you a product.  Nobody wants to buy a worthless hunk of dog crap.  They'll buy a juicy t-bone steak for the price of the rebuy though.

It makes perfect sense to be doing that if your goal as a poker site is to make as much money as possible.  And that is the goal.     I don't believe they care who they screw and who they give the free gift of a double up to, as long as it makes them more money.  

About that downswing you mentioned.  I think I can explain that now.  What I saw happen tonight really depresses me.   I always thought you could use their little games against them if you knew how they had the place rigged.  I'm not so sure now.   Long story short... if you play according to any system or method, they can and will detect it, and they'll set the deck up to neutralize any strategy you play by.   The only way you can win online poker is to play a mixed game of various ever changing styles so they can't peg you as a "type" of player.   Once they know your type,  It's all over. 

Yesterday I decided to change my style a bit and become an aggressive flop smasher just to see if i could make it work.  2nd pair, 3rd pair, no pair, just bet it and keep c-betting till he folds.   I usually only do that once in awhile.  It worked good for about 5 hands.   Then all of the sudden every time I reped the ace, the other guy had the ace.  I'd hit 3rd pair of 6's hard.  The other guy had trip 8's.  Over and over, like 25 straight times I was betting into the better hand and just getting killed every time.   

Today I get back and I notice I'm getting the same 7 or 8 hands over and over J/678  A/345 9/576, K/78,  over and over and over.  That's all I'm getting I have to play them.  And when I did catch the odd A/K the flop was 678.  The other guy had pocket 678.  So every hand I flop the 5.6 or7, with a back door something, and I lost nearly every hand, and would have lost nearly every hand I mucked.   I probably played 500 hands of poker today at least.  I never had a flush, I never made a straight, I never had trips.  I had top pair maybe 10 times and two pair once or twice.   That's not even mathematically possible.   I had second pair or bottom pair at least 7 out of 10 times and they always lost.   They detected that change in my play and that was something they could hang me with and they did it.  You're probably getting the same treatment.  You're playing a certain style and they can make sure that style fails.  And if you stay there and keep rebuying and buying into a new game the second you bust out of the previous one, they won't stop doing it until they've bled you dry.    Ditch whatever style your playing and keep it mixed up so they can't get a read on you.  That's what you have to do.   I understand that now. 

Now here's the funny part.  I go to a cash table and the guy to my left from England is playing that very style at the cash table.  I see him get a few people to fold.  A couple times he gets caught. Then he gets chatty.  It went something like this:

Him: You guys wouldn't believe the garbage cards I'm getting.

Me: Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  9/5 all day long, the 9 never hits.

Him: If you hit the 9 it better be three of them

Me: Totally, every board has 4 face cards and straight on it

I know exactly what he was getting at. 100% true.  They had him on the same program I was on.  That's when I knew for sure what was going on. 

IrishEyes27    10

On 2/3/2019 at 10:43 PM, knocker said:

I learned something new this afternoon.  A new lesson in how they rig online poker.   It opened up a whole new avenue of thought for me and I think I understand this hijacking business you're talking about now.  There is an innocent explanation yes, but behind that is a darker nefarious reality running parallel to it.      

Imagine if when you got knocked out and rebuy, or buy in late,  you catch 20 straight  hands of 7/4 and 8/3.  Most of the time that's what should be happening.  You sit at the table doing nothing, and you eventually get effectively blinded off, throwing your last 3BB in with J/3.  It's the best hand you've seen so far, you just got raised all-in in the BB,  and of course you lose with it.  Would you keep rebuying and late reg hijacking if that happened every time, or even every other time?  I wouldn't, nobody would.   So they set it up so the first hand in after the rebuy is the lucky pocket Aces.  Imagine that!  What are the odds of that happening?  Pretty good considering they're selling you a product.  Nobody wants to buy a worthless hunk of dog crap.  They'll buy a juicy t-bone steak for the price of the rebuy though.

It makes perfect sense to be doing that if your goal as a poker site is to make as much money as possible.  And that is the goal.     I don't believe they care who they screw and who they give the free gift of a double up to, as long as it makes them more money.  

About that downswing you mentioned.  I think I can explain that now.  What I saw happen tonight really depresses me.   I always thought you could use their little games against them if you knew how they had the place rigged.  I'm not so sure now.   Long story short... if you play according to any system or method, they can and will detect it, and they'll set the deck up to neutralize any strategy you play by.   The only way you can win online poker is to play a mixed game of various ever changing styles so they can't peg you as a "type" of player.   Once they know your type,  It's all over. 

Yesterday I decided to change my style a bit and become an aggressive flop smasher just to see if i could make it work.  2nd pair, 3rd pair, no pair, just bet it and keep c-betting till he folds.   I usually only do that once in awhile.  It worked good for about 5 hands.   Then all of the sudden every time I reped the ace, the other guy had the ace.  I'd hit 3rd pair of 6's hard.  The other guy had trip 8's.  Over and over, like 25 straight times I was betting into the better hand and just getting killed every time.   

Today I get back and I notice I'm getting the same 7 or 8 hands over and over J/678  A/345 9/576, K/78,  over and over and over.  That's all I'm getting I have to play them.  And when I did catch the odd A/K the flop was 678.  The other guy had pocket 678.  So every hand I flop the 5.6 or7, with a back door something, and I lost nearly every hand, and would have lost nearly every hand I mucked.   I probably played 500 hands of poker today at least.  I never had a flush, I never made a straight, I never had trips.  I had top pair maybe 10 times and two pair once or twice.   That's not even mathematically possible.   I had second pair or bottom pair at least 7 out of 10 times and they always lost.   They detected that change in my play and that was something they could hang me with and they did it.  You're probably getting the same treatment.  You're playing a certain style and they can make sure that style fails.  And if you stay there and keep rebuying and buying into a new game the second you bust out of the previous one, they won't stop doing it until they've bled you dry.    Ditch whatever style your playing and keep it mixed up so they can't get a read on you.  That's what you have to do.   I understand that now. 

Now here's the funny part.  I go to a cash table and the guy to my left from England is playing that very style at the cash table.  I see him get a few people to fold.  A couple times he gets caught. Then he gets chatty.  It went something like this:

Him: You guys wouldn't believe the garbage cards I'm getting.

Me: Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  9/5 all day long, the 9 never hits.

Him: If you hit the 9 it better be three of them

Me: Totally, every board has 4 face cards and straight on it

I know exactly what he was getting at. 100% true.  They had him on the same program I was on.  That's when I knew for sure what was going on. 

Hey Knocker,

Sorry for the late reply but I am a 59 year old working mother (AND poker player lol). But I am really glad you are saying what you are saying AND a Top Advisor. Do I want to be one of the people yelling "rigged"? Of course not. Do I want to be the "salty" player complaining about bad beats? Absolutely not (in fact I am glad the word "bad beat" has MOSTLY been replaced with the more appropriate word cooler in live play, because variance is real BUT.... some of the "card distribution" algorithms are absolutely ridiculous. Like you said "I watch". I have started to take screen shots and even videos of hands. And it's not as if we are crazy. If I am correct Joe Ingram and many other players spotted bot patterns on ACR/WPN etc. (threads are closed hmm?) and other sites and spent massive amounts virtually PROVING the fact that this crap takes place. As stated I am an older female micro stakes player so what do I matter right...? WRONG. I do play the occasional $10/$30 buy in MTT and have done well when I have. While I do not have the time to play live I do have some decent results online (enough that I filed 1099-K's). How many times have you been in a situation where you have the EXACT hand and when I say exact I mean same suits same order? And when you have THAT hand you know what at LEAST 2 other players at your table have because when you don't have the hand your holding you have one of the other two hands that will 100% complete a flush or river a straight etc. How do we know this? We look at the board post flop and or watch someone shove pre OOP with the most ridiculous hand destroying every player who didn't get out of line. It's a case of been here done that. It's groundhog day. And the biggest thing that rings true is your mention of NOTICING the patterns. Once you or I have I literally start to play the patterns rather than the players i.e. "yeah I will ship it UTG+3 with 7/4 d/d" because I KNOW my flush will complete and it does UNTIL the "algorithms" change for the week, month or whatever... and it's a terrible way to play. As you said it IS a product and it's one of the reasons I take umbrage with Daily Free Rolls having rebuys+add ons (WSOP). It's a free roll guys your literally paying for cashes with your own money here... I have seen players literally rebuy to the point of being upside down (i.e. even if they were to take FIRST they would not make even a REMOTE ROI...) are they just stupid, crazy, both? OR is there more to it. I won't go on and on about all the crazy things we see online, nor will I stop playing because I do see less of this type of thing happening if one is careful with their game selection BUT it is sad fact that online POST Black Friday isn't all that much different than it was pre.  

Edited by IrishEyes27