DavidK

Training Apps to improve in Cash Game

Question

Hi guys !

I'm a microstakes player, breakevenish at 10NL, looking to improve my game and be able to beat my friends and colleagues.

I tried poker books and video instructional sites but the inherent lack of practice in these methods kept me back from improving.

I heard about the concept of poker training apps and looking in the Android Play Store, I saw some apps like Poker Fighter,  Pokertrainer, Poker Personal Trainer, etc.

I don't want to waste my time or learn bad techniques which will leave me with bad fundamentals.

Can anyone suggest me good apps to train with ? 

8 answers to this question

Hi, I looked at training videos from Upswing and RunItOnce. I just find the concept of training apps to be significantly better for me, because I can actually practice the theory and not only see it. Anyway, I started using some of the apps I mentioned before, I will update on my experience if someone is interested. I'll still be happy to hear any recommendations about apps.

• Confused 1

Getting back to this topic, I will share my short experience. I used an app called InstaPoker which was extremely pricey, around $5 for 10 hands ! Not much to learn in such a few hands. I used Poker Fighter which I really liked. I paid $7 for a monthly subscription and I could train infinitely, because the hands are automatically generated. The problem with PokerFighter is that it was only offering a single type of villain, Loose-Passive. Does anyone know about an app which you can practice against different types of villains ? 

On 4/19/2019 at 7:08 AM, Digging8Graves said:

you need to go to youtube and soak up all the info weather it be cash games or mtts there is tons of info. type in raiseyouredge ull be happy

Hi thanks!

I used your advice and spent many hours on youtube watching these instructional videos.

My problem is that even though I understand the theory when I watch it in a video, I can't seem to implement it well on the table. I'm looking for something where I can actually play poker and get the feedback on my decisions. Poker Fighter was nice and helpful, but I'm looking for something more advanced. I feel like the PIO solvers for example are too advanced for my needs. I need something in between.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:48 PM, DavidK said:

I'm looking for something where I can actually play poker and get the feedback on my decisions.

There's a new poker training app that's just very recently come out that you might like to have a look at. Haven't tried it myself but, have heard some good things about it and seeing your post reminded me of it. I do know that they have both a free version and a subscription version of the app so, you could always try it out first without cost to see if it's what your looking for.

If you google search 'DTO poker', the link is the first thing that appears on the search page (DTO poker trainer).

The topic is a bit outdated, but I also want to share my own thoughts. I use 2 tools to train and improve my own game. The first is the DTO. There is a free version, which comes with unlimited hands per day (lojack vs big blind only). For a fee, like $ 10 a month, you can access things like pre-flop ranges, different positions (HJ vs SB, BTN vs BB etc.), and different stack sizes. I only used the free version, but I liked it. I also watch a lot of training videos on Run It Once and want to deal with SnapShove. My friend recommended it to me.