advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  

What should I do here?

Question

jdameego101    10

PokerStars Hand #196975022595: Tournament #2532405804, $0.98+$0.12 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (400/800) - 2019/02/12 15:52:27 ET
Table '2532405804 150' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Misterpok (114838 in chips)
Seat 2: jdameego101 (20846 in chips)
Seat 3: tychoon (19411 in chips)
Seat 4: Luandods (54521 in chips)
Seat 5: Noortje_92 (30386 in chips)
Seat 6: manolissr1 (37329 in chips)
Seat 7: eus 1967 (56423 in chips)
Seat 8: I´m DrSmurf (16082 in chips)
Seat 9: somyara75 (56728 in chips)
Misterpok: posts the ante 65
jdameego101: posts the ante 65
tychoon: posts the ante 65
Luandods: posts the ante 65
Noortje_92: posts the ante 65
manolissr1: posts the ante 65
eus 1967: posts the ante 65
I´m DrSmurf: posts the ante 65
somyara75: posts the ante 65
eus 1967: posts small blind 400
I´m DrSmurf: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jdameego101 [9s Qs]
somyara75: folds
Misterpok: calls 800
jdameego101: calls 800
tychoon: folds
Luandods: folds
Noortje_92: raises 1000 to 1800
manolissr1: folds
eus 1967: folds
I´m DrSmurf: folds
Misterpok: calls 1000
jdameego101: calls 1000
*** FLOP *** [9c Ts 6s]
Misterpok: bets 800
jdameego101: raises 3200 to 4000
Noortje_92: calls 4000
Misterpok: folds
*** TURN *** [9c Ts 6s] [Kd]
jdameego101: checks
Noortje_92: bets 24521 and is all-in
jdameego101: folds
Uncalled bet (24521) returned to Noortje_92
Noortje_92 collected 15985 from pot
Noortje_92: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 15985 | Rake 0
Board [9c Ts 6s Kd]
Seat 1: Misterpok folded on the Flop
Seat 2: jdameego101 folded on the Turn
Seat 3: tychoon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Luandods folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Noortje_92 collected (15985)
Seat 6: manolissr1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: eus 1967 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: I´m DrSmurf (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: somyara75 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

What do you guys do?

6 answers to this question

FlopDeck    10

What does the preflop limp achieve, in your opinion? 

Do you think limp-call OOP 3-way with a weak Q is profitable? 

Is your flop raise for value or are you bluffing? 

Can you provide some basic HUD stats / reads? 

jdameego101    10

8 hours ago, FlopDeck said:

What does the preflop limp achieve, in your opinion? 

Do you think limp-call OOP 3-way with a weak Q is profitable? 

Is your flop raise for value or are you bluffing? 

Can you provide some basic HUD stats / reads? 

Hud stats Im using I can provide.

Misterpok 0 3B percentage, 144BB, Folds to Any raise Pre 60%, Vpip 30% on 20 hands.

This player did a lot of limping pre and then he woud donk the flop min bet and fold to raise. So I was limping behind with Q9s with 26 BB. I didnt raise because behind me (Noortge_92). The guy behind me liked to 3B. He didnt 3 Bet because of my limp I feel and also limped in fearing me.

I was trying to avoid his 3 bet and see a cheap flop with position on weaker player. If I raised and was 3B I probably couldnt play my hand. If I raised and Noortje_92 folded I would have taken down the pot fairly easily. 

Also this hand was occuring 30 players away from the money so people were playing a little bit tighter than normal. I was trying to get a better stack to help myself run a little deeper than just scraping into the money.

Noortje_92 stats - 3B 11% folding 87% to any preflop raise 38 BB, and Vpip 21% of 48 hands.

My flop raise was a semi bluff.

Edited by jdameego101

knocker    10

Just me personally, when I have a flush draw, ideally, I want to be around to see both streets to see if I made it.  I like to make the call and the re-raise when I know I already have it.  I think I would have just called that flop bet myself.  Nobody is going to shove on a 6, or 8 thousand chip pot.  I get my turn card cheap, and probably the river at a reasonable price too.    When you have two more streets to build the pot, there's nothing wrong with taking a cheap card.   You raise that pot up to 15 or 20, now that's shove territory.    If you didn't want that, you should have kept that pot a little smaller.  

Sometimes you have to think ahead.  What if I don't hit my flush on the turn?  Am I still going to be able to call a pot sized bet or an overbet to try one more time after the Ace hits 4th street?  If the answer is no, keep the chips in your stack.     

FlopDeck    10

16 hours ago, jdameego101 said:

Hud stats Im using I can provide.

Misterpok 0 3B percentage, 144BB, Folds to Any raise Pre 60%, Vpip 30% on 20 hands.

This player did a lot of limping pre and then he woud donk the flop min bet and fold to raise. So I was limping behind with Q9s with 26 BB. I didnt raise because behind me (Noortge_92). The guy behind me liked to 3B. He didnt 3 Bet because of my limp I feel and also limped in fearing me.

I was trying to avoid his 3 bet and see a cheap flop with position on weaker player. If I raised and was 3B I probably couldnt play my hand. If I raised and Noortje_92 folded I would have taken down the pot fairly easily. 

Also this hand was occuring 30 players away from the money so people were playing a little bit tighter than normal. I was trying to get a better stack to help myself run a little deeper than just scraping into the money.

Noortje_92 stats - 3B 11% folding 87% to any preflop raise 38 BB, and Vpip 21% of 48 hands.

My flop raise was a semi bluff.

You played this hand terribly and it looks clear to me you're going to consistently lose at MTT poker until you wake up, stop tilting, work on your game properly (that means spending money on training material / coaching). Limp calling OOP off 25 ish bb's with a rag Q is an absolutely atrocious play. Just awful. Then you actually manage to pick up good equity and you throw your hand away. You've got 3rd pair, and inside straight draw and good flush draw and you fold. Why did you play it in the first place? You don't have enough chips to be faffing around like this and even off 300bb's this is bad. Really bad. Just fold preflop and wait for a hand / good spot to GII. I'd recommend you stop playing altogether and go learn how to play better. It's the only way. 

Good luck. 

Flop. 

FlopDeck    10

2 hours ago, knocker said:

Just me personally, when I have a flush draw, ideally, I want to be around to see both streets to see if I made it.  I like to make the call and the re-raise when I know I already have it.  I think I would have just called that flop bet myself.  Nobody is going to shove on a 6, or 8 thousand chip pot.  I get my turn card cheap, and probably the river at a reasonable price too.    When you have two more streets to build the pot, there's nothing wrong with taking a cheap card.   You raise that pot up to 15 or 20, now that's shove territory.    If you didn't want that, you should have kept that pot a little smaller.  

Sometimes you have to think ahead.  What if I don't hit my flush on the turn?  Am I still going to be able to call a pot sized bet or an overbet to try one more time after the Ace hits 4th street?  If the answer is no, keep the chips in your stack.     

Absolute nonsense once more. Dear oh dear. Sure you two aren't the same guy?? 😉