advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  

Knocked out 10 from money good play or no

Question

Raider12    0

165 player $240 buy in. got to day 2. 17 paid and 27 players left. I have about 370000 with blinds 6k-12k-12k I have j8o in small blind. 3 limps. I limp bb checks

Flop 10d Qk Ks bb bets 25k into 72000 one caller and I call

Turn Ak I check bb bets 40 Mp shoves for about 400000

I call with about 300 left 

MP rolls over j 8c 

River gives Mp the flush 

DId I play this hand right. Was it just a bad run out? Should I have just folded pre flop. I felt like with so much money in there I had to call to chop. Thanks 

4 answers to this question

turbulence    12

With the nuts on the turn, dont really see how you could do much different. The other guy was just free rolling with the flush draw as well. 

I take it this was a live event? As I cant see a 4way limped pot happening in the $240 online MTT. 

Raider12    0

Yeah it was live. I know I couldn't fold once the turn hit but that close to the money should I even be limping from the sb with a hand like j8o? The run out was def unlucky but am I setting myself up for run outs like that by getting involved with bad hands?

nivvydoh    11

Posted (edited)

I think you fold flop. But even more so pre flop. What can you really flop that looks great verses 4 players with J8o, OOP to all of them, that still gets paid?

The bb is the one most likely to have AJ in his range. Any of them can have J9. He doesn't need to try to raise steal PF here with AJ when he can dominate the limpers hands and make top pair, better kicker often.

So when you call the flop you could already be calling to chop with only 3 outs. 

Of course the action on the turn suggests you could be calling to chop it 3 ways and still have to fade a possible flush. That close to the money against obviously weak players, I kinda feel you threw it away there with little chance of scooping the whole pot. Busting out with such a shit hand when you can easily avoid it, sucks.

Raise as a steal pre flop and thin the field or win it right there, or simply just fold. But I am defo folding the flop when you could be drawing so thinly just to chop, that close to the money. The mistake here is thinking you have 8 clean outs to win all the money on the flop. When in all probability, it is much less outs AND for a chop. And are you still chasing to the river if you miss the turn with even more money in the pot?

Edited by nivvydoh