advertisement_alt

How do you park your car in a parking lot?

How do you paRK YOUR CAR in a parking lot?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. how do u park

• I drive straight into the spot
    • i back into the spot

URI_Stunna    807

i don't know how some of you people do it. the extra effort to pull into a parking space and then back into it in a parking lot. i thought this guy was leaving when i pulled into the convenience store parking lot and was gonna get a spot right in front. then i realized he wasn't leaving and he was backing up into the spot i wanted to floor it and smash into him.

i just scanned the parking lot and i see 2 of the 30+ cars i can see have backed into their spots.

are you people serious?

kiro15    139

Drive straight in and park far enough away, that there is rarely a car in front of me so I can just drive out anyway. 

I'll never understand people spending an extra 15 minutes trying to park closer so they don't have a 4 minute walk.

Swerve    140

I've never backed into a spot but funnily enough I was considering this a couple of weeks ago just because it's kind of like "getting the annoying part out of the way now" so later you can just go.

What I will do though whenever I can is choose a spot such that I can pull in forward, and then creep farther forward into the connected spot in the next "lane" over.  So it might look like I backed into my final spot, but I didn't.  This is especially useful in single-lane, one-way arrow-marked lots, where I want to be able to leave pointing a certain direction but don't want to circle around the entire row of cars just to be facing the proper direction to get to the spot in the first place.

Edited by Swerve

Willywoo    325

If you drive a truck, it's way easier to back in and pull out, than pull in and back out, especially in crowded lots and events where everyone leaves at the same time. Safer too.  Commercial drivers are taught to never pull into a parking space. Always back in. The exception for me is in a one way aisle with diagonal spaces. Never understood people backing in those spots so they can go the wrong way when they leave. I usually park away from other parked cars anyway if I can.

Always thought it kind of odd that people try to park as close as they can rather than walk a bit. 

URI_Stunna    807

backing out of a parking spot is serious business. i don't know how there aren't more accidents. i see people flying around a corner the wrong way on a one way road all day and they can never get the timing right to smash into each other. its so tilting. its directly in front of my window and ive never seen a crash. im always hoping for a head on collision but nope

OneM24    109

If you drive a truck, it's 1000x easier to back into any parking spot. The longer the vehicle, the more sense it makes to back in. Of course, if you own a Smart car or some two seater coupe or something...pull in like the pussy you are. 

Sweetness777    447

3 hours ago, kiro15 said:

Drive straight in and park far enough away, that there is rarely a car in front of me so I can just drive out anyway. 

I'll never understand people spending an extra 15 minutes trying to park closer so they don't have a 4 minute walk.

Same same, Pretty much what I do every time. Got a decent sized suv.

nothing more tilting when being a passenger and watching the driver circling around waiting for that space that’s “so much” closer lol. 

Parking farther away is infinite better in any situation I can think of unless someone comes in and starts shooting up the store or something 

slizza420    157

23 minutes ago, DONKWOOD said:

Must be nice having enough land for parking lots

Must be nice not needing sunglasses since u be squinting all day long

TMLMS13    121

7 hours ago, AFink93 said:

I will look for a spot that I can drive thru so I don’t have to back out .. 

This 

Mr323    233

9 hours ago, kiro15 said:

got this far into the read....ding ding ding!

STOPPER19    463

11 hours ago, Sweetness777 said:

Same same, Pretty much what I do every time. Got a decent sized suv.

nothing more tilting when being a passenger and watching the driver circling around waiting for that space that’s “so much” closer lol. 

Parking farther away is infinite better in any situation I can think of unless someone comes in and starts shooting up the store or something 

I agree, but the only time I look for a spot closer is if it's 95+ degrees with the 100% NJ humidity. I'll be sweating down my back before I even get in the store.

But even in that case, I'm doing one lap before resigning to the back of the parking lot.

Poach99    186

13 hours ago, OneM24 said:

If you drive a truck, it's 1000x easier to back into any parking spot. The longer the vehicle, the more sense it makes to back in. Of course, if you own a Smart car or some two seater coupe or something...pull in like the pussy you are. 

+1

slizza420    157

20 hours ago, Swerve said:

I've never backed into a spot but funnily enough I was considering this a couple of weeks ago just because it's kind of like "getting the annoying part out of the way now" so later you can just go.

What I will do though whenever I can is choose a spot such that I can pull in forward, and then creep farther forward into the connected spot in the next "lane" over.  So it might look like I backed into my final spot, but I didn't.  This is especially useful in single-lane, one-way arrow-marked lots, where I want to be able to leave pointing a certain direction but don't want to circle around the entire row of cars just to be facing the proper direction to get to the spot in the first place.

This is what I do too. If there’s two open spots I’ll drive into the 2nd one so that I’m pulling out forward.

When I see people backing up into spots I just sorta shake my head. These idiots take fucking forever to back in too it’s annoying as hell. 

It doesn’t even really make sense. WTF they can back into a spot but find it harder to back out?! Ummm ok whatever

yambag    9

18 hours ago, OneM24 said:

100% spot on.