advertisement_alt
AFink93

***Official NHL Season thread***

Kid from Boston College (Demko) had 48 saves in a shutout. First rookie for Van to do that. First rookie since 1953 to win first two starts in playoffs.  He was so tired at the end, and they play again tomorrow.

3 games 7's after all series were 3-1. Shows how good the play has been.

3 hours ago, TMLMS13 said:

I still can't see either the islanders or flyers lasting more than 5 games vs TB. 

TB is just that good. And don't even have stamkos. 

yeah I doubt the Flyers got anything in the tank if they get past the Isles but we did beat tampa in the round robin. Definitely need Sean Couturier back.  But I cant look ahead, they gotta handle NY and that has proven to be difficult with Barzal and a bunch of guys we've never heard of.  Im just happy theres at least one more game.

What do we do with Gostisbhere now?  I'm not even sure why he gets scratched.  Maybe not as good defensively as Hagg or Samhein, but he's a scoring threat.  He has a hard shot and moves the puck well.    But you bench him for half the playoffs his stock goes down.  Two years ago everyone thought he was the next ray Bourque.

Edited by Mr. Blonde
7 hours ago, TMLMS13 said:

I still can't see either the islanders or flyers lasting more than 5 games vs TB. 

TB is just that good. And don't even have stamkos. 

it seems unlikely.  NYI's advanced metrics are really really good though.  But they don't feel like they have the closers that can get you through.   They might be a year and a player away from being legit.  I would feel pretty confident that TB gets out of the east

Unreal. I had my bets set up to where all I  needed was for the Flyers to score at least one goal to break even.  I was like " OK, worst case scenario, even, maybe get lucky and win a few bucks."

Of course , the NYI goaltender posts his first ever playoff shutout.

thank God I'm not a total degenerate  and realize I suck at sportsbetting and don't bet much money.

TB is clearly a superior team on talent.  There is no way to argue anything otherwise.    TB/VGK or TB/DAL would be excellent matchups.

NYI has played infinitely better in the bubble than anyone could have reasonably expected though.  They lost their last 7 games before the shutdown and looked like the worst team in hockey.   Shows how massive a factor coaching is in this sport.

Edited by kellykip

Gary Bettman must really hate this final four. With all due respect to the teams, city and fans. But it's hard to think of 4 other cities where a Conference Finals Birth would get less attention in it's own market.

Tampa Bay

Dallas

Vegas

Islanders

Edited by TMLMS13

I appreciate the "due respect to the fans and cities". I known Tampa isn't exactly the Mecca of sports. However, the Bolts are definitely a well followed team there and they sell out every single game. 

Also, it looks like Kucherov did a thing there right at the end of regulation 🙂 Bolts lead series 2-0

What a game tonight. I'm not sure how you recover from that ending/3rd period if you are NYI. You gave great effort, dominated but couldn't score. No goal 5-3 then 5-4 PP late, missed two great chances late, and give up a goal with less than 8 seconds left.

TB vs Vegas seems to be the finals, should be a fun matchup.

1 hour ago, TMLMS13 said:

I'm implying that there are much bigger sports stories going on in Tampa Bay right now. (likewise for all 4 of those cities) 

If I am wrong and the Lightning in the ECF is a #1 sports story ahead of Tom Brady and the Bucs, then I take it back and apologize. 

NHL before NFL always

but duck TB

19 hours ago, TMLMS13 said:

I'm implying that there are much bigger sports stories going on in Tampa Bay right now. (likewise for all 4 of those cities) 

If I am wrong and the Lightning in the ECF is a #1 sports story ahead of Tom Brady and the Bucs, then I take it back and apologize. 

Ok, I definitely misunderstood. I thought you were saying something else. Of course the Bucs and TB are the big story in Tampa. But until this year with the Bucs, the Bolts have been the buzz of the Bay for the last 7-8 years by a wide margin. I'd love for the Bucs to be relevant and crush it, but I want this Stanley Cup! 

17 hours ago, OneM24 said:

Ok, I definitely misunderstood. I thought you were saying something else. Of course the Bucs and TB are the big story in Tampa. But until this year with the Bucs, the Bolts have been the buzz of the Bay for the last 7-8 years by a wide margin. I'd love for the Bucs to be relevant and crush it, but I want this Stanley Cup! 

Yes, and all 4 teams have a 0% chance of being the #1 story. Flyers, Bruins, Avs, Canucks all have at least a bit of a chance to be #1 story.

TB, Dal, LV all have huge National NFL storylines beyond just the local attention and the Islanders are the #7 team in New York. Maybe they've moved up to #4 for now. Maybe back to #5 if you count the US Open.

Edited by TMLMS13
On 12/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, TMLMS13 said:

Jim Montgomery fired by Dallas Stars for unprofessional conduct. 

No other details. I wonder what it was. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, TMLMS13 said:

Seeing now, it's not criminal, it's not player-coach, it's not on ice, and that Dallas had no choice but to let him go. 

What else is there? Dallas' owner likes to speak him mind about the team, calling out players etc. Maybe Jim told him to fuck off and the owner said take a lap and this is all BS. 

If it was a #MeToo then that might fall into the criminal category. 

Remember this. Feels like decades ago but is the same season.