Aaron_Hacker

***Official Lord Emperor Donald J Trump 4th Year and Re-election Thread***

2 minutes ago, treypear said:

Sorry it wasnt as riveting as your cheese analogy.  

Trump talks fine for the most part; just the inundation from 24 hour news cycle, tweeting, and daily press briefings. Sometimes less is more. He had a chance for an iconic moment of national unity. Not even his fault, the MSM will stop at nothing to achieve their agenda, which is division.  Upset people stay tuned.  Fear sells clicks and commentary. Media is not news anymore, it's now entertainment and the people want drama. 

You lost me at Trump talks fine. He's the most inarticulate president in history. When he does talk he doesn't understand the facts about the subject matter. "If you do more testing, you'll have more cases". 

pffffffft. 

11 minutes ago, treypear said:

Sorry it wasnt as riveting as your cheese analogy.  

Trump talks fine for the most part; just the inundation from 24 hour news cycle, tweeting, and daily press briefings. Sometimes less is more. He had a chance for an iconic moment of national unity. Not even his fault, the MSM will stop at nothing to achieve their agenda, which is division.  Upset people stay tuned.  Fear sells clicks and commentary. Media is not news anymore, it's now entertainment and the people want drama. 

Its was more about the fact that the most pressing criticism you could find of the Trump presidency and republican party was trump's speaking style. 

If you don't see the irony of calling out RT2s horrible take, and then putting this one forward, I don't know what to tell you.

52 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Also electoral college.  This would be 3 out of 4 republican victories without winning the poplar vote... That's crazy.  It's not a weird fluke any more it's a designed advantage. 

Texas will be blue in a few years.  Then they might be more interested in changing things.  

41 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

So which deplorable beside xq is going to declare victory with trump well before all the votes are counted?

the trumps have been telegraphing this move for a while now, so really should be easy for the media to be prepared to disregard him and the broadcasting of obvious misinformation when he undoubtedly tries this tuesday night.  and if the cult leader decrees it, the devotees will obediently carry out the marching orders like the submissives they are.

Back on this planet, it really shouldn't matter though what trump declares well in advance of the votes being counted in full.  

He can declare himself a wagon and that ain't magically gonna give him four wheels

8 minutes ago, kellykip said:

the trumps have been telegraphing this move for a while now, so really should be easy for the media to be prepared to disregard him and the broadcasting of obvious misinformation when he undoubtedly tries this tuesday night.  and if the cult leader decrees it, the devotees will obediently carry out the marching orders like the submissives they are.

Back on this planet, it really shouldn't matter though what trump declares well in advance of the votes being counted in full.  

He can declare himself a wagon and that ain't magically gonna give him four wheels

Raises  

42 minutes ago, Neeek said:

Its was more about the fact that the most pressing criticism you could find of the Trump presidency and republican party was trump's speaking style. 

If you don't see the irony of calling out RT2s horrible take, and then putting this one forward, I don't know what to tell you.

Loooool at COVID not being the most pressing criticism. It's currently ongoing, has put us into a recession, and hundreds of thousands have died. What's more important than being presidential during a pandemic? I didn't blame his speaking style in general, I presenting him not having a unifying moment during a crisis. Sorry if I didn't present it well enough for you, I was trying to be succinct. If you don't think a moment matters, I guess you missed Bush promising retribution after 9/11 which led to decades of war. I am pretty sure the country was unified then. If Trump had a similar moment, he doesn't lose. 

48 minutes ago, Neeek said:

Texas will be blue in a few years.  Then they might be more interested in changing things.  

This is what's wrong with the left. People are fleeing California to Texas, wanting the freedoms and tax breaks it provides.

Now they are going to turn around vote in a way that changes where they are into where they left. Fuck I hate people sometimes.

4 minutes ago, treypear said:

Loooool at COVID not being the most pressing criticism. It's currently ongoing, has put us into a recession, and hundreds of thousands have died. What's more important than being presidential during a pandemic? I didn't blame his speaking style in general, I presenting him not having a unifying moment during a crisis. Sorry if I didn't present it well enough for you, I was trying to be succinct. If you don't think a moment matters, I guess you missed Bush promising retribution after 9/11 which led to decades of war. I am pretty sure the country was unified then. If Trump had a similar moment, he doesn't lose. 

I agree with this in theory. Covid has killed him. And a moment would have been great.

but its his entire response, the woodward tapes, the defying his own cdc daily. Its been awful in almost every way.  

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Also electoral college.  This would be 3 out of 4 republican victories without winning the poplar vote... That's crazy.  It's not a weird fluke any more it's a designed advantage. 

It's not a designed advantage,  it's a rule designed to level the playing field. In general, people have vary polarized opinions about living in a city. 

If you live in a dense population, you want more structure and regulation, therefore more government which is a historical blue philosophy. 

If you live rurally, you like autonomy and less regulatory intrusion, therefore less government which is a historically red philosophy. 

The founding fathers did not want the cities, with an inherent population advantage, to dictate the president unfairly. Hence no popular vote. It's the basis of why we are a Republic and not a true Democracy.  GTFO if you don't like it. You don't get to cry and throw the board game over because you lost 3 of the last 4 games. 

3 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

I agree with this in theory. Covid has killed him. And a moment would have been great.

but its his entire response, the woodward tapes, the defying his own cdc daily. Its been awful in almost every way.  

I get that. I think a lot is forgiven if he has a moment. Instead it was the same constant media battles.  I would have loved if he brought out some experts, concisely summarized an action plan, and fostered hope during March or April when there was so much fear and uncertainty.  Instead, like everything else, the pandemic has become politicized. 

But you know anyone who votes for him just wants another $600 dollars. Those greedy ducks.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

it was the thing that hurt him most, and he almost got away with 4 years without having to show it;  that thing being a major emergency where he would have to show leadership while not being able to control the narrative.

and we see how that went

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, treypear said:

This is what's wrong with the left. People are fleeing California to Texas, wanting the freedoms and tax breaks it provides.

Now they are going to turn around vote in a way that changes where they are into where they left. Fuck I hate people sometimes.

That has nothing to do with Texas turning blue.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kellykip said:

it was the thing that hurt him most, and he almost got away with 4 years without having to show it;  that thing being a major emergency where he would have to show leadership while not being able to control the narrative.

and we see how that went

Yeah, Jkoblyn said to not blame it on COVID, but his handling of it doesn't foster a feeling of leadership. I tried to think of a reason if he lost, but without the pandemic exposing his flaws, I don't think he loses to Biden. 

I think most on the left, with or without TDS, originally hated Trump because he doesnt fit the mold of who you want as president.  He doesn't fit the vision of our best self.  SNL skits were hilarious where they would state facts or replay his words and the dems would put their feet up. Like he was so bad he had no chance to win.  In reality, he was elected because Clinton didn't inspire either and at least he could shake up the douche and turd system. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, treypear said:

The founding fathers did not want the cities, with an inherent population advantage, to dictate the president unfairly. Hence no popular vote. It's the basis of why we are a Republic and not a true Democracy.  GTFO if you don't like it. You don't get to cry and throw the board game over because you lost 3 of the last 4 games. 

not this.  At the time, there was no way for locals to have even basic knowledge of those running for election, their positions, etc.  So they developed the electoral college so that the "voter" would be informed.  

As a separate issue - The current winner-take-all electoral college plan for each state has nothing to do with the constitution, or even the original conception of the electoral college as above.

I'm not arguing for or against it, FWIW.  Just some context.

4 minutes ago, Neeek said:

That has nothing to do with Texas turning blue.

Why then?

I am completely anecdotal on this as my family lives in Austin and see more Cali license plates than ever before. 

I can't imagine a state whose entire economy is built on energy, would support a government philosophy that wants to remove it as an option. 

8 minutes ago, treypear said:

Why then?

I am completely anecdotal on this as my family lives in Austin and see more Cali license plates than ever before. 

I can't imagine a state whose entire economy is built on energy, would support a government philosophy that wants to remove it as an option. 

I'm not saying that isn't happening.  its just not happening on some grand scale that is changing the state.

Its changing demographics of Texas as a whole.  Texas is becoming increasingly diverse, especially in Houston.  The growth of minority populations far outpaces the growth of the traditional Texas republican vote.

Edited by Neeek

This is the sort of responsible shit that everyone should be able to get behind:  Twitter is posting this to let people know that early victory declarations are misinformation.

This way, if a Republican or a Democrat leading on election night declares premature victory, people should know to disregard it.  No one could have an issue with that.

elect.PNG

21 minutes ago, treypear said:

It's not a designed advantage,  it's a rule designed to level the playing field. In general, people have vary polarized opinions about living in a city. 

If you live in a dense population, you want more structure and regulation, therefore more government which is a historical blue philosophy. 

If you live rurally, you like autonomy and less regulatory intrusion, therefore less government which is a historically red philosophy. 

If you don't like slavery GTFO, you can't just change the rules. 

The founding fathers had it perfect and were right about everything! 

8 minutes ago, Neeek said:

not this.  At the time, there was no way for locals to have even basic knowledge of those running for election, their positions, etc.  So they developed the electoral college so that the "voter" would be informed.  

From History.com

"Another camp was dead set against letting the people elect the president by a straight popular vote. First, they thought 18th-century voters lacked the resources to be fully informed about the candidates, especially in rural outposts. Second, they feared a headstrong “democratic mob” steering the country astray. And third, a populist president appealing directly to the people could command dangerous amounts of power."

So yeah, this. Informing rural areas was a part of it. So was not letting Democrat urban areas hijacking the process with the popular vote. 

20 minutes ago, treypear said:

I get that. I think a lot is forgiven if he has a moment. Instead it was the same constant media battles.  I would have loved if he brought out some experts, concisely summarized an action plan, and fostered hope during March or April when there was so much fear and uncertainty.  Instead, like everything else, the pandemic has become politicized. 

But you know anyone who votes for him just wants another $600 dollars. Those greedy ducks.

Yea. I agree. While i dont think its nearly the lock some here do, i do think trump probably beats a terrible candidate precovid knowing what i know now. 

4 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

If you don't like slavery GTFO, you can't just change the rules. 

The founding fathers had it perfect and were right about everything! 

The founding fathers were def not perfect. They had to make a lot of compromises to enact an entirely new way of governing.  Prior to this, civilized nations lived under monarchies ruled by kings. Their rules laid out the groundwork for citizens to have rights that. O government can infringe upon. You would gladly give that up. I don't know why,  but it makes me sad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, treypear said:

From History.com

"Another camp was dead set against letting the people elect the president by a straight popular vote. First, they thought 18th-century voters lacked the resources to be fully informed about the candidates, especially in rural outposts. Second, they feared a headstrong “democratic mob” steering the country astray. And third, a populist president appealing directly to the people could command dangerous amounts of power."

So yeah, this. Informing rural areas was a part of it. So was not letting Democrat urban areas hijacking the process with the popular vote. 

Fair, I'm no historian.  It could be all of the above.  

Rural voters in the fucking 18th century might never see or hear their candidates.  How many rallies do you think Adams had in rural Maine? 

Now we have the internet.  We don't need this shit. 

You advocating that cities shouldn't dictate to rural areas implicitly says rural areas should dictate to cities. 

All of your arguments are dumb. 

Stop being dumb. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kellykip said:

This is the sort of responsible shit that everyone should be able to get behind:  Twitter is posting this to let people know that early victory declarations are misinformation.

This way, if a Republican or a Democrat leading on election night declares premature victory, people should know to disregard it.  No one could have an issue with that.

elect.PNG

Maybe I am just being contradictory today, but I absolutely hate this. I hate all the messages from Twitter, Facebook, etc ... about elections or anything else. They have no authority other than what people give them by reading and complying.  I would opt out of these messages and everything similar. 

I would also  be fine with any local, state, or other elected representative making the same post on Twitter. I don't disagree with the message. I just see it as a further entrenching the power these tech companies are wielding because it seems innocuous and "noone should have a problem with it". That is how they got powerful in the first place, leverging personal information and data that individuals gave up freely because they didn't know it had value. 

5 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Rural voters in the fucking 18th century might never see or hear their candidates.  How many rallies do you think Adams had in rural Maine? 

See post above or do some research on why this wasnt the only reason. Took me 2 minutes to find that quote. 

Now we have the internet.  We don't need this shit. 

You advocating that cities shouldn't dictate to rural areas implicitly says rural areas should dictate to cities. 

No it doesnt. This is a fallacy of thought by those on the left. Rural areas not wanting others to dictate means only that. They choose to manage their own life rather than distating to others how to operate. It's more of a live and let live philosophy. I think you just don't comprehend because you want govt to control you. 

All of your arguments are dumb. 

Stop being dumb. 

IQ test heads up for rollz?