advertisement_alt
rebelfd

New Virus Discovered in China

2 hours ago, rebelfd said:

Of the 31 initial cases 7 are dead, it can take 2 plus weeks to die for the critically ill. Case fatality rate will probably in the end mirror SARS ~10%. If it infects the same number as the flu that would mean 400,000 deaths in the US. Lots of unknowns still. 

thise the ones reported. The symptoms are the flu and pneumonia.  How many cases were just flu and never reported?

of those who died how many were healthy between ages of 5 and 65 

It’s not even 5% of reported cases now in Asia. Not sure how you come up with 10 % when most of those who have died were in the dangerous group.  Add to that the USA has better health care and a cleaner country. 

i don’t share the same fear as you at all. At least not with this one. 

if it were anew case of an Ebola like strain that hit Asia and was now in seattle than I might be a bit concerned

Edited by Preston_Luv

You know when you hear the stories about the various regulations that Trump does away with through Executive Orders, this crisis should be considered. China is a country that has only selective regulations and it certainly looks like this epidemic virus was food sourced. 

I'm not saying that every regulation should remain forever but is we do away with too many indiscriminately, lots of people could die because the safeguards were removed. 

5 minutes ago, raisethis2 said:

You know when you hear the stories about the various regulations that Trump does away with through Executive Orders, this crisis should be considered. China is a country that has only selective regulations and it certainly looks like this epidemic virus was food sourced. 

I'm not saying that every regulation should remain forever but is we do away with too many indiscriminately, lots of people could die because the safeguards were removed. 

This is not the best time to blame Trump for this.  This is China trying to infect the world.

Nearly 60 million people have been affected by partial or full lockdowns in Chinese cities as the country's government steps up its response.

-------------------------

China Is Building a Hospital in 6 Days to Deal With the Coronavirus Outbreak