advertisement_alt
rebelfd

New Virus Discovered in China

On 1/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, SpankyHamm said:

Seeing where the Qanon people are saying the best way to fend off the Coronavirus is to drink bleach.

Bottoms up folks.

This is the same shit they did to make reets believe that the ok sign meant white power.  You’re their target audience.  

May need to reassess my “meh, I’m not worried” position. 

😳

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/coronavirus-contains-hiv-insertions-stoking-fears-over-artificially-created-bioweapon

also have to consider the source, but the science I the above linked article is intriguing 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ryanhatesthis/a-pro-trump-blog-has-doxed-a-chinese-scientist-it-falsely

Edited by MUPokerPlayer

Seems like an awfully weak bio weapon  

first USA case was in seattle area. Guy came back from China on a Wednesday. On Sunday he went to doctor.  He is now better and will be released soon. 

It has been 16 days since he got back and 12 days since hospitalization. 

as of now no known cases are to have occurred even though he was in public for 4 days prior to hospitalization. 

not saying he didn’t pass it on as I’m sure there are many more cases which dont require hospitalization than do but as of now there are none and it’s been 2 weeks 

Edited by Preston_Luv
1 hour ago, slizza420 said:

The pandemonium is real

was just reading that the Pentagon is preparing to house up to 1000 potential coronavirus patients @ some military facilities. Kinda creepy lol 

China wants to immediately cremate the bodies with no funeral 

that is creepy.   And keep China from burning up them bodiezzz

Assuming you can’t hide thousands of deaths than how is this virus much more deadly than the flu?

300 dead on 14,000 cases is a 2% death rate.  Let’s double the number dead and it’s 4%. 

The reports say anywhere from 40k-140k have likely been infected. Which obviously means most don’t report it as it’s just a cold or flu that goes away. 

so if we double the deaths rate to 600 and go with the lowest number of 40k than that’s 600 out of 40,000 which puts the death rate at 1.5%. If we don’t double the death rate that it .75%.   

either way this looks to be like a bad flu and kills less than 1% of those infected with almost all of those being elderly or with pre existing conditions. 

maybe I’m wrong but I imagine these same stats could be shelled out in a similar number with a certain flu strain. I had a 102 degree fever for 6 straight days over Xmas.  I imagine if I was old or had a pre existing condition than I would be dead.  Let’s track that strain 

Edited by Preston_Luv

nah I agree actually.  there is nothing to indicate yet that this will end up being anything more serious than the level of a new pretty bad flu strain.  Which is bad since it is one more thing to deal with but it very well be nothing more than that.  

Edited by kellykip

Just seen on the news here that the first suspected NYC case is currently at Bellevue Hospital.   patient is under 40 years old, here on vacation alone from china, and was taken from his hotel by ambulance to hospital.  Has tested the patient for influenza and other common illnesses, and those tests came back negative which makes this one seem like it's gonna be it, so sample sent to CDC for coronavirus for confirmation which will be in about 2 days.   

Really conflicted about going to get a massage yesterday. I went anyway. 

You should see all the Racist anti China headlines in the paper. Its almost like it is propaganda fear play by the media. We do need to stop giving China and it citizens free rein on anything a nip in the bud. I think this is it. 

2 hours ago, rebelfd said:

tell me how this is more deadly than a bad flu strain.  Most infected don’t get treatment.  Based on projections of people infected(40k-140k) than the death rate is likely well under 1%.  And even if we double the deaths its only around 1% and almost all are elderly or with pre existing 

it sucks that we have another strain like this out in public but to me it seems like we would not be freaking out that much of it was labeled a type of flu like swine. 

Maybe China has drastically hid the number of deaths.  We will find out soon enough. 

Edited by Preston_Luv

that is the concern right there - that China sat on this in denial for too long and the issue is more serious over there than they have let on.  They have acted in ways previously where that is certainly a possibility but hopefully it isnt the case here

36 minutes ago, kellykip said:

that is the concern right there - that China sat on this in denial for too long and the issue is more serious over there than they have let on.  They have acted in ways previously where that is certainly a possibility but hopefully it isnt the case here

Nah. The chinese government has always proven to be very transparent, its actions always a virtue to the people. Happy lunar new year! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Preston_Luv said:

tell me how this is more deadly than a bad flu strain.  Most infected don’t get treatment.  Based on projections of people infected(40k-140k) than the death rate is likely well under 1%.  And even if we double the deaths its only around 1% and almost all are elderly or with pre existing 

it sucks that we have another strain like this out in public but to me it seems like we would not be freaking out that much of it was labeled a type of flu like swine. 

Maybe China has drastically hid the number of deaths.  We will find out soon enough. 

your math is wrong there’s 1,700 in critical care, they’re most likely not going to make it so it’s ~10% CFR similar to it’s sister SARS. 

2 hours ago, rebelfd said:

your math is wrong there’s 1,700 in critical care, they’re most likely not going to make it so it’s ~10% CFR similar to it’s sister SARS. 

ok. Even with 1700 the number of cases projected is near 100k 

that puts it at 2% if all those die plus the ones that already did. 

But all won’t die so it’s likely closer to 1% or even less and most will be elderly 

like I said. A bad flu virus. You are completely twisting numbers by pretending that there are not a shitload of cases that go unreported. The number 100k is most often mentioned now. 

Edited by Preston_Luv

I think we must ignore most of the Chinese numbers and look at international ones.  

180 cases outside china

1 death

now obviously this will change but those are just the reported ones. There are obviously many more cases than this unreported. 

I would follow these numbers more so than whatever China throws out. 

1 hour ago, rebelfd said:

15 cases in Hong Kong, 1 death. 

And Hillary Clinton was ahead in every poll as well.  Stop cherry picking numbers. 

Let's break down the numbers:

Global confirmed cases: 20,627 cases, 427 deaths.

2%

Mainland China:  20,438 cases, 425 deaths.

2%

Outside mainland China: 190 cases and 2 deaths in more than 25 countries and territories.

1.1%

and these are just reported cases.  My best guess is the true mortality rate is around .50%  with the less hygienic countries being close to .75% and the first world countries being .25%.  

unless there are a bunch of dead bodies we don’t know about

Edited by Preston_Luv
39 minutes ago, rebelfd said:

You think China closed off 60 million people because of a .5% death rate?

yea because it’s a new virus from an animal or maybe even a lab and it’s spreads a lot faster than SARS. If this was just a flu strain than all this hysteria would not be happening.  So they have every reason to shut stuff down to protect their long term economic interests. 

Listen....if this has a 5% death rate or worse like you say than we will know very quickly as the international death will rise dramatically in the next week. 

If you are correct than we should have a lot more deaths internationally by the weekend 

on a side note the first case in the USA was a person in Seattle area. He arrived home 19 days ago from Wuhan.  He worked and than got sick and went to hospital 15 days ago. 

he has been treated and released.  There are also no new cases reported in seattle area even though he exposed others to it while his symptoms were not active. So it’s been over two weeks and nobody be exposed at work or the hospital or anywhere has reported a sickness. 

Edited by Preston_Luv