advertisement_alt
rebelfd

New Virus Discovered in China

2 hours ago, elendil said:

20191206_112653.jpg

To be fair those chops sticks may well be in my hand. Problem?

How else would you get the noodles homie? How else? 

9/31 in $11, 1k on IGN. 3 Fts in a row lets go!! No good in Zoom, need to savage. Under $1500 now 🙂

Edited by elendil

I don’t understand the allure of a cruise ship with thousands of people. Not only are you confined to a boat most of the time, you also only have a set amount of time in each port.  

plus it’s the perfect storm for a mass sickness from E. coli to the flu and now to this virus. 

it’s basically an infestation of various sicknesses all confined in a crowded ship 

Over 2600 people got off in Naha to go sightseeing. 13 didnt come back and have already left. This shit wasnt found out until homie got off in Hong Kong and then was reported with the virus. People making a fortune online selling masks though. The stores are empty but we still in the streets feel me?

• Like 1

This is an interesting thing at work

i prob have 2-3 young first time mothers (honestly it’s a majority of young single first time mothers in a pretty decent sample) bringing their kid(s) in a shift to make sure they don’t have “the coronavirus”.  Today there were 3.   one was teething, one was barely congested and another had rsv

exposing them to the ER was much more dangerous than the cold 2/3 of them had.  The third mother I think just wanted a work note for herself, but you can tell me that up front and be out in 2 minutes if kids healthy appearing

#jobsecurity

Edited by Earlybird893

It would be interesting to see the increase in ER visits nationwide the last 1-2 weeks. I’m assuming it will likely be like that for awhile. 

Beki was raised by a single mom who always took her kids to the ER at the first sign of sickness.  I remember the first few times our kids got sick and she was like let’s go to the ER. I’m like hold on there a sec homespice.  The ER stands for emergency room not 99.4 with a cough room. 

Edited by Preston_Luv

I have no problem seeing people, but it makes me sick when I see a 3 week old “just to make sure they’re doing ok”.  I definitely understand the angst of first time parents (or parents in general), but I wish the smallest bit of common sense was required to have a child

the ER is the last place in the world to make sure they aren’t sick, unless you want them exposed to all the nasty ass shit that lurks around that place

the first thing I do when I get home is throw my clothes in the washing machine 

late night funny story story (or horrendous) bc I have nothing but time until 7am....my youngest had a febrile seizure at about 2:30 in the morning about a year ago when I was working a 7a-7p in a few hours.  I was up for by my estimation 15 minutes, 3-5 minutes per my better half.  She woke up screaming “she’s not breathing”.  My first thought was obviously bad, very bad.  She was still in SIDS age range.  I opened her eye lids and she was not only burning up, but her eyes were both looking left, she kind of came to when I was holding her.  I held her for a minute, reassured my wife and got Motrin and Tylenol ready, told her she’d be cuddly for 30-45 minutes and she’d be fine.  Wake me up if it happened again or her breathing seemed off.  I then went back to bed and woke up at 6 decently rested, but feeling like kind of a dick.  Apparently I gave her a lot more precautions and warning signs than I remembered.  She still thought I should have stayed up with her.  She was even less reassured when I questioned how many seizures she may have had that didn’t wake my wife up.  We’ve been much more aggressive w anti pyretics since then

My Dad died young so my mom was definitely an ER mom for my older brother for a bit. But  when it came to me and my younger brother she was a walk it off mom for sure. 

I feel like most people I know are like you said. A little crazy with the first kid and done with it all by the second. 

Edited by aupoker1

i've spent more of my childhood in ERs and hospital rooms than most, so now I avoid them unless absolutely necessary.  I have a closet full of splints, bandages, leg braces and half casts to basically keep me immobile in case of emergency.  Hell my last 4 fractures just basically home treated. I used to have a stash of pain killers and muscle relaxers to numb me up a bit, but when you live with an addict you cant keep that shit laying around.  But yeah ERs just bring back bad memories and flashbacks of pain and suffering....even when im not there for myself.  

BTW I've been sick for a month.  Felt like the Flu for a week then went away and hit me harder the 2nd time. Then a 3rd time.  Went to the doc and he kinda shrugged his shoulders and ordered a chest xray.  But at the time i didnt have a cough or a chest cold so i said screw it.  like 3 days later this fucking cough hit me....pretty sure i got it from that office.  corona for sure

34 minutes ago, Earlybird893 said:

I have no problem seeing people, but it makes me sick when I see a 3 week old “just to make sure they’re doing ok”.  I definitely understand the angst of first time parents (or parents in general), but I wish the smallest bit of common sense was required to have a child

the ER is the last place in the world to make sure they aren’t sick, unless you want them exposed to all the nasty ass shit that lurks around that place

the first thing I do when I get home is throw my clothes in the washing machine 

late night funny story story (or horrendous) bc I have nothing but time until 7am....my youngest had a febrile seizure at about 2:30 in the morning about a year ago when I was working a 7a-7p in a few hours.  I was up for by my estimation 15 minutes, 3-5 minutes per my better half.  She woke up screaming “she’s not breathing”.  My first thought was obviously bad, very bad.  She was still in SIDS age range.  I opened her eye lids and she was not only burning up, but her eyes were both looking left, she kind of came to when I was holding her.  I held her for a minute, reassured my wife and got Motrin and Tylenol ready, told her she’d be cuddly for 30-45 minutes and she’d be fine.  Wake me up if it happened again or her breathing seemed off.  I then went back to bed and woke up at 6 decently rested, but feeling like kind of a dick.  Apparently I gave her a lot more precautions and warning signs than I remembered.  She still thought I should have stayed up with her.  She was even less reassured when I questioned how many seizures she may have had that didn’t wake my wife up.  We’ve been much more aggressive w anti pyretics since then

feel for ya on the seizure

our daughter has epilepsy but her first seizure was at 14 her second day of high school as a freshman in the middle of class.  They called beki and said your daughter passed out and is unresponsive. Scary as hell

her second one was a month later and I held her in my arms while pulling the hair out of her mouth.  Than she went almost two years without one but stopped taking her meds even though we told her to.  She was in her car with it started on way to work.  We found her passed out in the car with her tongue all fucked up. Than she had another about 6 months later at work.   It will be 3 years in May since her last seizure. I’m not sure if she is taking meds as she is 20 and doesn’t live at home anymore. The doctors said that those who don’t get seizures until their teenage years often grow out of them.  

I feel for you man as seizures are scary as shit especially the first few times.  I worry about her having one while she is driving as well. 

I am fortunate that it’s just epilepsy as I saw a lot of kids in their deathbed when we visitors children’s to get all the testing done initially. I’m very grateful is was only epilepsy and not a brain tumor. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

i've spent more of my childhood in ERs and hospital rooms than most, so now I avoid them unless absolutely necessary.  I have a closet full of splints, bandages, leg braces and half casts to basically keep me immobile in case of emergency.  Hell my last 4 fractures just basically home treated. I used to have a stash of pain killers and muscle relaxers to numb me up a bit, but when you live with an addict you cant keep that shit laying around.  But yeah ERs just bring back bad memories and flashbacks of pain and suffering....even when im not there for myself.  

BTW I've been sick for a month.  Felt like the Flu for a week then went away and hit me harder the 2nd time. Then a 3rd time.  Went to the doc and he kinda shrugged his shoulders and ordered a chest xray.  But at the time i didnt have a cough or a chest cold so i said screw it.  like 3 days later this fucking cough hit me....pretty sure i got it from that office.  corona for sure

It not what the pharmaceuticals pay me for, (I know I’m dry w humor, but have to be clear all of that is a myth) but I treat my families colds and coughs w insane amounts of vitamin c, zinc, water and rest.  I do give my kids frozen gummy bears for cough-gelatinous and they can’t just chew them up as quick.  Seems to work, or at least keep us alive

-not medical advice, but works for us

You also lost genetic lottery mr b, my sincere condolences 

2 hours ago, Preston_Luv said:

feel for ya on the seizure

our daughter has epilepsy but her first seizure was at 14 her second day of high school as a freshman in the middle of class.  They called beki and said your daughter passed out and is unresponsive. Scary as hell

her second one was a month later and I held her in my arms while pulling the hair out of her mouth.  Than she went almost two years without one but stopped taking her meds even though we told her to.  She was in her car with it started on way to work.  We found her passed out in the car with her tongue all fucked up. Than she had another about 6 months later at work.   It will be 3 years in May since her last seizure. I’m not sure if she is taking meds as she is 20 and doesn’t live at home anymore. The doctors said that those who don’t get seizures until their teenage years often grow out of them.  

I feel for you man as seizures are scary as shit especially the first few times.  I worry about her having one while she is driving as well. 

I am fortunate that it’s just epilepsy as I saw a lot of kids in their deathbed when we visitors children’s to get all the testing done initially. I’m very grateful is was only epilepsy and not a brain tumor. 

Most do.  You can never avoid stress completely which may contribute to this problem, but healthy coping mechanisms are great lessons to treat your children.  I definitely have room to grow here as I was raised to “deal with it”

my wife was definitely flipped the fuck out and I should have been better that night.  I did like my medically robotic mind knew what to do.  Treat, educate, and disengage 

4 hours ago, Earlybird893 said:

This is an interesting thing at work

i prob have 2-3 young first time mothers (honestly it’s a majority of young single first time mothers in a pretty decent sample) bringing their kid(s) in a shift to make sure they don’t have “the coronavirus”.  Today there were 3.   one was teething, one was barely congested and another had rsv

exposing them to the ER was much more dangerous than the cold 2/3 of them had.  The third mother I think just wanted a work note for herself, but you can tell me that up front and be out in 2 minutes if kids healthy appearing

#jobsecurity

My 1yr old has rsv. Literally sitting with her now trying to break another fever. We also have to do a breathing mask.

I read that rsv is relatively common, but I didn’t know what it was when they told me, so at first I thought it was some major illness.