advertisement_alt
rebelfd

New Virus Discovered in China

30 minutes ago, acp said:

I’ve been running errands to doing random things near Chicago and I don’t see evidence of a bunch of people hiding at home. Even the car dealership I stopped at for an oil change was busy. Obviously, I have no idea what the actual variance is of forecasted # of people running around vs. actual, but I don’t see emptiness like I imagined after all the news.

The only thing that’s been unusual from a behavioral standpoint is the stock piling of non-perishables and paper goods.

Also shocked at the casual behavior at the places I have been it’s weird. But ffs. Less than a week ago I didn’t think this was a huge deal and went to a concert that I wouldnt even consider going to today. 

• Like 1

And this is where Trump's extensive history of lying, and the extensive history of people lying for him, hurts him in terms of believing him.

Dr. Ronnie said that Trump could live to be 200 years old.

The current Surgeon General said that Trump was healthier than him (the SG is 45 years old and fit).

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, SpankyHamm said:

If he disappears for a few days then they were lying.

If he stays in the public eye for the next few weeks, I guess he hadn't gotten it...yet.

Maximum Spanky LOL

lol my first reaction when he made the remark today was that he did not take the test and was flat out bullshitting.  Obviously have no idea if he was or not, but he's not the most honest guy, and he is beyond obsessed with people's impressions of his health.  And his obsession with anything he feels could hurt his election chances.

On the other hand, I don't think he even coughed one time during the press conference - and even tho he definitely sounded tired, that would be extremely understandable given what's going on and wouldn't necessarily be health related.  

Just hard to automatically believe someone who you could so easily see lying in that spot.     If I had to guess, he doesn't have it, but I would certainly not bet my life on it.

1 minute ago, acp said:

The obsession with whether or not Trump has coronavirus has become more annoying than the virus itself.

I had no idea there was an obsession with it.  I was playing the horse races all day after the press conference when he said he was tested.  He is not that important where he should be the story ahead of everyone else who is affected by this, but it is also a big deal when the president sounds disingenuous.  

Certainly speaking for myself at least, I'm not obsessed with whether the guy has it, but I'm still finding his behavior around this worthy of discussion.  

1 minute ago, kellykip said:

I had no idea there was an obsession with it.  I was playing the horse races all day after the press conference when he said he was tested.  He is not that important where he should be the story ahead of everyone else who is affected by this, but it is also a big deal when the president sounds disingenuous.  

Certainly speaking for myself at least, I'm not obsessed with whether the guy has it, but I'm still finding his behavior around this worthy of discussion.  

Oh, they are saying Trump and Pence should not be in the same location for succession reasons.  It has been a very big deal.  haha

I was out all day so missed whatever he was babbling about today. Glad to hear he's not sick. Now he has no excuse. 

I went by Woodfield Mall to drop off my companion early this evening. There were thousands of spots in the lot. Similarly, the Chinese/Seafood buffet that's usually jammed on Saturday nights was barely making money. Slow as I've ever seen it. People here are definitely beginning to hunker down, that's a good thing. 

31 minutes ago, time4badbeat said:

This shit is going to drag it for a couple months. It'd be great if we all agreed on lockdown for 2-3 weeks and killed this thing off.

I am on lock down now. 2 close calls in the last week is enough for me.

Sorry folks park’s closed, the moose at the gate should have told you.

22 minutes ago, kellykip said:

No homo.. you have never once annoyed me ftr.

I was referring to the collective overkill of the topic.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, wantagolf said:

Oh, they are saying Trump and Pence should not be in the same location for succession reasons.  It has been a very big deal.  haha

yeah I caught the general vibe just by the nature of being home for the races today instead of the track, and seeing retweets from racing twitter etc.  So I knew people were talking about it, but where is the line between talking about something that just came up a couple of hours ago and obsession?  If that's all someone can think about they're obsessed.  

Just now, acp said:

No homo.. you have never once annoyed me ftr.

I was referring to the collective overkill of the topic.

word - just speaking in general cause for all I know there could be people out there foaming at the mouth, not being able to discuss anything but whether trump has the coronas

2 hours ago, Neeek said:

If everybody was thinking like wanta, we would be in good hands.

We do not yet have evidence of sustained community spread.   You are almost certainly not going to get the virus at the grocery store right now

Everybody need to do they best   Hoarding hand sanitizer probably makes you MORE likely to get the virus.   

More PLUV and wanta, less Kowboy.

neeeeek you earlier took a shot at those who have bought extra water and supplies. please tell us that you have not put your house in order, knowing a lock down is likely. or tell us you have bought some extra supplies, and basically admit you are a hypocrite. 

wanta, was basically admitting he was late, in buying what he needs. and you quoted one of the most watered down, and optimistic, pluv takes on where this is headed. 

you also called "utter non-sense" on the notion, that societal breakdown may occur. 

dude, this is bad. it is unprecedented. its okay to be scared, but acting as if you have the answers, and the crazy lady at the store is the real problem, is just as crazy as she is.

give your all to The Lord Jesus Christ, as your Savior. HE will save you. without HIM, you will not be okay.

28 minutes ago, kowboy8686 said:

neeeeek you earlier took a shot at those who have bought extra water and supplies. please tell us that you have not put your house in order, knowing a lock down is likely. or tell us you have bought some extra supplies, and basically admit you are a hypocrite. 

No, I took a shot at people that are hoarding supplies.  

I did buy some things.

1.  Extra alcohol, because I won't be able to go out and do much, so I might as well sit at home and drink.

2.  Some granola bars and energy drinks, because I anticipate long hours without much time for lunch since I work in the healthcare industry.

3.  Some hand soap (literally one refill container) and Fabuloso (one small bottle), so I can have enough to wash my hands and clean my counters at home for two weeks since the stores are selling out and cleaning products will take longer to get back on the shelves.

4.  Groceries for the week like I always do.

Literally no water (the water supply wont be affected), no extra food, no toilet paper (it was sold out, guess I will have to get a makeshift bidet or a designated poop rag if things get bad, no nothing.

wanta, was basically admitting he was late, in buying what he needs. and you quoted one of the most watered down, and optimistic, pluv takes on where this is headed. 

you also called "utter non-sense" on the notion, that societal breakdown may occur. 

what are you talking about lol?  the post that was utter nonsense was about how we shouldn't stop the virus, because it will intelligently mutate into a worse virus next year or something. 

dude, this is bad. it is unprecedented. its okay to be scared, but acting as if you have the answers, and the crazy lady at the store is the real problem, is just as crazy as she is.

I agree that it is unprecedented, and very likely to be bad (how bad is yet to be determined . . .  the numbers in China and Korea seem to be going down before doomsday, while Italy seems to be getting worse and we are probably more like Italy).

I disagree that the badness will mean that I can't drink tap water or get groceries.  The badness is  having to choose to intubate a 40 year old mom or a healthy 28 year old kid, and older family members being in danger and/or dying.

Edited by Neeek