advertisement_alt
rebelfd

New Virus Discovered in China

7 hours ago, MUPokerPlayer said:

Our county government just announced they are ending all restrictions, effective May 12. About time. Five cases reported reported Saturday, three Sunday, two today. Hardly a public health emergency. Shocked they are ditching the mask mandate.  Oh, but the superintendent made sure to chime in right away that kids still have to wear masks at school. It’s just so easy to make them comply. 

Everywhere where mandates are being lifted there's a stipulation that businesses can still require masks if they wish. This is just an extension of that. In this case the Superintendent get's to make the call. 

5 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

MI Vacc to Normal Challenge

Something like this gives me pause.  What sort of logic says that positive covid tests are not included in these numbers?  Getting covid itself is more effective than getting the vaccine (as far as herd immunity and this graphic go).  So why would they possibly ignore people that got it and make them get the vaccine as well?  It makes no sense. 

I think that the CDC is holding an ace up their sleeve. They preach 70% + need vaccines to get to herd immunity knowing that the actual number if we reached 70% would be much higher because of previously infected persons having antibodies. 

There might be some who had covid early on who lost protection completely over time. I think kids will have to get involved to truly reach herd immunity. 

BTW, herd immunity is just a theory, my understanding is that there's no concrete evidence that it can wipe out a virus completely and forever. Accordingly, we'll probably be getting covid shots annually forever. 

15 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

MI Vacc to Normal Challenge

Something like this gives me pause.  What sort of logic says that positive covid tests are not included in these numbers?  Getting covid itself is more effective than getting the vaccine (as far as herd immunity and this graphic go).  So why would they possibly ignore people that got it and make them get the vaccine as well?  It makes no sense. 

Do you want them to just arbitrarily add to baseline?  

Well the goal is 70%.  But we've already had a million cases.  Now, obviously we didn't catch every single case.   Some guy on the internet said the real number was 10x.  So that's 10 million cases.  And the population is 10 million so we're already at 100%.  So you take our 100% herd immunity, and add the 50% vaccinated and you got 150% chance of ending the pandemic.  Now you add Kurt angle to the mix,  and take his 33 and a third % chance, plus my 66 and 2 thirds % chance because he knows he can't beat me, you got 100% chance I'm winning the title at sacrifice. 

Science!

Or just get the vaccine.  It's a vaccine.  And vaccines are no exaggeration one of the greatest achievements in human history.  And it's free.  

16 minutes ago, raisethis2 said:

I think that the CDC is holding an ace up their sleeve. They preach 70% + need vaccines to get to herd immunity knowing that the actual number if we reached 70% would be much higher because of previously infected persons having antibodies. 

There might be some who had covid early on who lost protection completely over time. I think kids will have to get involved to truly reach herd immunity. 

BTW, herd immunity is just a theory, my understanding is that there's no concrete evidence that it can wipe out a virus completely and forever. Accordingly, we'll probably be getting covid shots annually forever. 

Do we still get SARS Shots Annually?  Why would this be different.  Genuinely curious.  If they are both SARS?

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Do you want them to just arbitrarily add to baseline?  

Well the goal is 70%.  But we've already had a million cases.  Now, obviously we didn't catch every single case.   Some guy on the internet said the real number was 10x.  So that's 10 million cases.  And the population is 10 million so we're already at 100%.  So you take our 100% herd immunity, and add the 50% vaccinated and you got 150% chance of ending the pandemic.  Now you add Kurt angle to the mix,  and take his 33 and a third % chance, plus my 66 and 2 thirds % chance because he knows he can't beat me, you got 100% chance I'm winning the title at sacrifice. 

Science!

Or just get the vaccine.  It's a vaccine.  And vaccines are no exaggeration one of the greatest achievements in human history.  And it's free.  

How is adding the positive Covid tests “arbitrarily” adding to the baseline? It’s the exact opposite of that. It’s erring on the side of caution. Just use the number of confirmed positives since the first day people got the vaccine. How someone could take “confirmed positives” and use that to argue about estimates is baffling to me. You had no argument against what I said so you invented an argument that had nothing to do with it. How can you fail so bad so often?

40 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

How is adding the positive Covid tests “arbitrarily” adding to the baseline? It’s the exact opposite of that. It’s erring on the side of caution. Just use the number of confirmed positives since the first day people got the vaccine. How someone could take “confirmed positives” and use that to argue about estimates is baffling to me. You had no argument against what I said so you invented an argument that had nothing to do with it. How can you fail so bad so often?

How many of those people have been vaccinated? 

4 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

How many of those people have been vaccinated? 

You are too stupid to attempt having a convo with. It’s amazing. You can’t even chalk your last post up to a troll attempt. You were just born without the same cognitive ability everyone else has. It’s not your fault.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wantagolf said:

Do we still get SARS Shots Annually?  Why would this be different.  Genuinely curious.  If they are both SARS?

I think the biggest difference is that SARS simply wasn't as easily transmitted from person to person as covid 19 is currently. It infected far less of the population than covid 19 to begin with. 

Just now, Ozzie said:

Why?  What are the downsides to vaccinations?

At this point, with this type of vaccine, we don’t know the downsides, or if there are any. I posted above I got my 2nd shot today, but I can easily understand apprehension around something that has never been used before and was fast tracked through all of the normal processes. As long as people who don’t get it aren’t skipping it so Bill Gates can’t track them, I hate having them all lumped together and labeled selfish or anti-vaxers  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JKoblyn said:

At this point, with this type of vaccine, we don’t know the downsides, or if there are any. I posted above I got my 2nd shot today, but I can easily understand apprehension around something that has never been used before and was fast tracked through all of the normal processes. As long as people who don’t get it aren’t skipping it so Bill Gates can’t track them, I hate having them all lumped together and labeled selfish or anti-vaxers  

Just gonna paraphrase, several months into the rollout and there is no known downside...

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, raisethis2 said:

Have fun with that 

7 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Fyp

huh?  If you couldn't deduct exactly what my number was from my first post you are beyond help.  I know you have made a lot of posts that show you lack intelligence but I doubt many have shown it to be lower than your posts today. Congrats.

12 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Just gonna paraphrase, several months into the rollout and there is no known downside...

if we only had to worry about the next "several months" after a vaccine for side effects to show then we would be golden!

5 hours ago, B_O_K_E said:

Also agree with 7heads post on being healthy.

However, I do find it funny that I have a few friends who are alcoholics, smoke weed, over weight, absolutely disgusting humans that will put anything in their body and consume everything, but wont get the shot. Shit is hilarious. 

I dont care what people do. I get the flu shot every year. Feels like a freeroll, so why not? If other dont, who cares. Same with Covid. I dont care what anyone wants to do. Why should I? Cant care about what you cant control.

Lol reminds me of the lady that used to work for me.  About 100 lbs overweight, smoked a pack a day and refused to drink tap water. 

fwiw, I have no issues with the flu shot just never went out of my way to get it. Been fine this whole time, don’t see any reason to put it on my calendar.  

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Why?  What are the downsides to vaccinations?

My arm was so sore I had to use my other arm to get the dishes on the top shelf.  I'll never get those two days back.  Fuck you moderna!

• Haha 1

If you don’t want to get the vaccine and you’re in a place that has no restrictions and you’re happy... do you.

If you don’t want to get the vaccine and in you’re in a place with restrictions and you’re not happy with those restrictions... just get the vaccine, the govt won.

3 hours ago, JKoblyn said:

Somethin north of 220 million shots have been given. Side effects reported are minor. Scientists who know much more than we will even know insist that there will be no longer term effects. As was said before, there are people who smoke and drink, eat a pizza on the nights they don't eat a burger telling us they don't trust putting a vaccine into their body. 

That's just beyond the pail stupid. Get your fuckin' shots. 

5 hours ago, acp said:

If you don’t want to get the vaccine and you’re in a place that has no restrictions and you’re happy... do you.

This is what anti vaxers say about all vaccines.  And they're fucking morons.