Does OT Stink Now? (2020)

BillMueller    3

I was inspired to login after thinking of that video where the kid raps about God doing a new thing. Hysterical video, check it out sometime if you haven’t seen it. 

As I thumbed through OT I began to wonder if it stinks now or if I’m just yearning for a simpler time when McWollis Lites were all the rage. 

Mr323    233

I'll chime in with my opinion: 

It's more confrontational than ever. I found this place looking for advice on a poker hand in 2005 and lurked for a bit. I joined and never really contributed much.  This place made me laugh, when I needed it most.  I enjoyed the funny banter and funny threads, seemed like people were just trying to make each other laugh and gambol a bit.  Late night Monopoly and Stars tourneys were a joy to be a part of.

(disclaimer)  I'm have no social media presence or experience

Have enjoyed meeting several OT people in real life (although I was drunk or high and most likely an asshole) and I have enjoyed talking getting to know other OT people over the years.  I come here for an escape of the outside world and the problems, I'm not looking to discuss them here. 

I still like it here and for the most part have a good time. The negativity (which seems to be everywhere) seems to have crept in here a bit too much for my liking. I'm never looking to "start" anything ever in life. Seems like some people are just looking for a fight and nothing else.

I wish I had photoshop skills, or any skills online to help contribute in more funny things. In the end I hope we can make each other laugh, and maybe share some insight.

Also, all the women are gone. except Piglet here and there. 

• Like 1

aupoker1    964

1 minute ago, Mr323 said:

I'll chime in with my opinion: 

It's more confrontational than ever. I found this place looking for advice on a poker hand in 2005 and lurked for a bit. I joined and never really contributed much.  This place made me laugh, when I needed it most.  I enjoyed the funny banter and funny threads, seemed like people were just trying to make each other laugh and gambol a bit.  Late night Monopoly and Stars tourneys were a joy to be a part of.

(disclaimer)  I'm have no social media presence or experience

Have enjoyed meeting several OT people in real life (although I was drunk or high and most likely an asshole) and I have enjoyed talking getting to know other OT people over the years.  I come here for an escape of the outside world and the problems, I'm not looking to discuss them here. 

I still like it here and for the most part have a good time. The negativity (which seems to be everywhere) seems to have crept in here a bit too much for my liking. I'm never looking to "start" anything ever in life. Seems like some people are just looking for a fight and nothing else.

I wish I had photoshop skills, or any skills online to help contribute in more funny things. In the end I hope we can make each other laugh, and maybe share some insight.

Also, all the women are gone. except Piglet here and there. 

Great post. Perfect OT cliff notes imo. 

raisethis2    407

Mr 323 isn't far off. The huge number of posters that once visited had one common cause, poker. Black Friday ruined that and over time many regulars have exited. There are still a few of us who hang on and visit OT to E-fight about politics and once every 2 months someone posts about an actual subject like new phones, Game of Thrones, manscaping and other silly shit, but mostly we agree to disagree. 

We have our own sports betting and gambling thread where we exchange wagers on an honor system. The amounts each month are often pretty big but I haven't heard about anyone getting hosed lately. 

The women who once visited and the few who ventured in on occasion have all been sent packing by a few immature regulars who can't deal with treating women as equals in any way. If they weren't being harassed live they were cyber bullied. 

Dolphin13,  whom you've met,  passed away earlier in the year. He had a long battle with cancer and kept us informed about the "controlled" periods and the downturns. Collectively we sent the family to a Dolphins/Packers game a few months before he passed so we proved that we still knew how to do something constructively when we came together. 

So many of the contributors who made OT an attractive place to visit, SluggerWV, Norv, Murderer, BGX and a hundred others are all just a distant memory. 

Glad to hear from you, hope life is treating you well.  

Edited by raisethis2
  • Like 1

BillMueller    3

1 hour ago, raisethis2 said:

Mr 323 isn't far off. The huge number of posters that once visited had one common cause, poker. Black Friday ruined that and over time many regulars have exited. There are still a few of us who hang on and visit OT to E-fight about politics and once every 2 months someone posts about an actual subject like new phones, Game of Thrones, manscaping and other silly shit, but mostly we agree to disagree. 

We have our own sports betting and gambling thread where we exchange wagers on an honor system. The amounts each month are often pretty big but I haven't heard about anyone getting hosed lately. 

The women who once visited and the few who ventured in on occasion have all been sent packing by a few immature regulars who can't deal with treating women as equals in any way. If they weren't being harassed live they were cyber bullied. 

Dolphin13,  whom you've met,  passed away earlier in the year. He had a long battle with cancer and kept us informed about the "controlled" periods and the downturns. Collectively we sent the family to a Dolphins/Packers game a few months before he passed so we proved that we still knew how to do something constructively when we came together. 

So many of the contributors who made OT an attractive place to visit, SluggerWV, Norv, Murderer, BGX and a hundred others are all just a distant memory. 

Glad to hear from you, hope life is treating you well.  

Damn, that was both sad and uplifting to read. The last time I was in here I actually posted that I was glad to see Dolphin was still posting. This morning I saw he started a thread with a lot of replies so I assumed all was well. Damn. 

glad you guys came together like only OT can, but not for some jackass’ grill this time. 

cant believe PrestonLuv is still around. I miss former Plattsburgh winner tsxxx, sad to see she doesn’t post anymore. 

BillMueller    3

2 minutes ago, L0bstaM0bsta said:

Mueller just let me know about dolphin, sucks to hear. Maybe a tribute OT Podcast is in order where we can rally some of the OG’s to tell their favorite dolphin stories? 

I’m oddly into this idea. Can’t believe we both remembered our P5’s passwords. 

Anyone know how to get a hold of PokerJamers and CrzySavage?

OneM24    108

1 minute ago, BillMueller said:

I just put you on my list of people that are still around. 

Eh, I've had a hiatus or two. There are still some solid peeps around, but we're all middle aged and at the height of our professional lives. I'm not sure anybody posts as much as they used to. 

The not quite thread worthy thread has really killed the funny random threads we used to enjoy. Sports threads are the only thing that keep me around for the most part.