advertisement_alt
kellykip

RIP Unheralded, Underrated Hair Metal Thread

I suppose the obvious omission is pretty clear evidence that GnR and Tracii still have some legit animosity.  Maybe saying 'not headliners' was Riki's escape clause to omit them but - yeah it's a rather obvious leave-out.

Especially considering they have 2 records over the past 4 years that run laps around anything put out by any other band listed in 20+ years, and flat out blows away most of GnR's entire catalogue 

2 minutes ago, kellykip said:

I suppose the obvious omission is pretty clear evidence that GnR and Tracii still have some legit animosity.  Maybe saying 'not headliners' was Riki's escape clause to omit them but - yeah it's a rather obvious leave-out.

Especially considering they have 2 records over the past 4 years that run laps around anything put out by any other band listed in 20+ years, and flat out blows away most of GnR's entire catalogue 

haha yeah slaps multiple groups in the face in one tweet maybe harmlessly but probably intentionally

6 minutes ago, coolhandkev said:

haha yeah slaps multiple groups in the face in one tweet maybe harmlessly but probably intentionally

The way the post was worded makes me feel like Riki and Axl/Slash/Duff already discussed GnR doing a show for Cathouse anniversary.  So it would lead me to believe Axl told Riki that he doesn't want to be in the same building with La Guns.

Tracii's reply both reads like a 'i get it, and fuck you Axl' (the wink/tongue thing plus including GnR's twitter on his reply), as well as a 'too bad, it woulda been fun' shown by sporting the Cathouse hat.  Tracii and Riki are close, so the fuck you twist seems 100% axl pointed.

saw Dee Snider posting this morning about how Leslie was in his final hours.  Sad as hell but with his health problems it was inevitable that he was gonna rapidly decline all the way sooner than later.

Still sad as fuck.  Dude is a legend.   2020 is just running victory laps backwards at this point. 

I always felt like Dogs D'Amour's music was a bit too slow and melodic for my tastes (in all fairness I base that mostly off their most popular songs), but I Don't Want You To Go is a banger - damn good song and i haven't heard it in years till playing that just now, and it was nice to hear.  

Eddie Trunk posted this video before - damn they killed it at this show.  Ladies Room (starting at 9:50) is fucking amazing.