Jump to content
advertisement_alt

**The OPhishall NFL Offseason Sulkfest Thread**

Recommended Posts

kellykip    1,397

See you some time before Monday morning

 

Unrelated, what happens with Desean Jackson?  Dude still looked like he had every step of that burst on the TD bomb on Sunday.  

Edited by kellykip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marinersheep    799

3 hours ago, kellykip said:

See you some time before Monday morning

 

Unrelated, what happens with Desean Jackson?  Dude still looked like he had every step of that burst on the TD bomb on Sunday.  

 

DeSean is nothing but a luxury at this point. If he's healthy and available, that's fantastic. But you cannot assemble a team and plan for him to be a major part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aupoker1    971

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/17/fox-producer-who-got-the-nfl-to-jam

 

Like it or not, one man is injecting a little Grateful Dead, a little Widespread Panic and a little The Disco Biscuits into the most mainstream of sports. Meet the TV producer who got the NFL to jam.
We miss going to shows,” says Jolivette, who on Thanksgiving Day served up “Stash,” by Phish, and “Saint of Circumstance,” by the Dead,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JKR    87

13 minutes ago, timthegem said:

Imagine the Browns missing the cut at 10-6 in an expanded playoff year. Then try not to giggle.

In addition to the loss last week to the Jets, if they cant beat a Mason Rudolph led Steelers team to secure their playoff spot than they deserve to be out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kellykip    1,397

1 hour ago, marinersheep said:

 

DeSean is nothing but a luxury at this point. If he's healthy and available, that's fantastic. But you cannot assemble a team and plan for him to be a major part of it.

 

i don't know what his salary deal is, but if someone signs him to a contract that is mostly incentive boosted, i wouldn't have a problem.  he is about as unreliable as it gets in terms of needing him as a top 2 WR tho - that is certainly out of the question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMLMS13    121

1 hour ago, timthegem said:

Imagine the Browns missing the cut at 10-6 in an expanded playoff year. Then try not to giggle.

 

Imagine the Colts being  11-5 and missing the playoff then watch the 7-9 Cowboys have a home playoff game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMLMS13    121

1 minute ago, URI_Stunna said:

its been a while since i've been here

 

You should consider buying a house instead of getting a hotel room. It's gonna be a while.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TheSilentBob    311

13 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

 

Imagine the Colts being  11-5 and missing the playoff then watch the 7-9 Cowboys have a home playoff game

I still completely support the division winners getting in. Otherwise, get rid of the divisions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JKR    87

2 hours ago, kellykip said:

 

i don't know what his salary deal is, but if someone signs him to a contract that is mostly incentive boosted, i wouldn't have a problem.  he is about as unreliable as it gets in terms of needing him as a top 2 WR tho - that is certainly out of the question

He signed a 3 yr $27.9M deal with the Eagles prior to the 2019 season so he is still under contract for 2021.  His cap # is $10.9M if they keep him and a dead cap hit of $5.8M if they release him.  In the past 2 years, he had 1 good game (the opener vs Wash when he had 8 rec 154 yds 2 TDs) and 1 big play this past weekend. That's literally it.  He has spent the rest of the time on IR or he's been a non-factor for the few games he has played. The speed is still there but he's stealing $ next year. The chances of him playing even half a season are not good at this stage of his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XXEDPXX    425

Jackson is gone. When you look at what he is owed and what goes to dead money,combined with his production (injur3d, but still) he’s expendable with their cap situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMLMS13    121

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheSilentBob said:

I still completely support the division winners getting in. Otherwise, get rid of the divisions.

 

The CFL has a crossover playoff spot if one conference is that much better than the other one. Maybe the NFL should do that too. 

Edited by TMLMS13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camzeeee    231

7 hours ago, TheSilentBob said:

I still completely support the division winners getting in. Otherwise, get rid of the divisions.

seems like a very fair solution if you want to keep the automatic berth for divisoin winners would be to reseed playoffs based on records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMLMS13    121

1 hour ago, XXEDPXX said:

The schedules aren’t even. Sometimes teams have inflated records. 

 

They aren't even in the CFL either but they still have the crossover if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOPPER19    460

And we're off!

 

Jim Schwartz is reportedly going to let his contract expire, and won't be back as DC. He is contemplating retirement. 

 

Carson Wentz this morning has reportedly asked to be traded, and has said he'll do what he needs to do to help facilitate his way out of Philadelphia. He's apparently stated that IND is at the top of his list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STOPPER19 said:

And we're off!

 

Jim Schwartz is reportedly going to let his contract expire, and won't be back as DC. He is contemplating retirement. 

 

Carson Wentz this morning has reportedly asked to be traded, and has said he'll do what he needs to do to help facilitate his way out of Philadelphia. He's apparently stated that IND is at the top of his list. 

Good luck to him but he hasn't looked the same since he got injured a couple years back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.