advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

12 hours ago, hookey91 said:

Meh on Godzilla. I saw it on HBO Max tho. It probably be a good time in theaters. Fight scenes were pretty dope but everything involving humans was painfully bad. The black comic relief character was doing his best Anthony Anderson impersonation 

I didn’t like the movie, just some good visuals, but that’s about it. 

7 minutes ago, ThunderKid2000 said:

Yeah he wasn’t great. But that guy is actually a great actor. He’s PaperBoy in Atlanta. 

I agree his character wasn’t great, but I think paperboy did the best he could to make it believable. I love him in Atlanta and it was fun to see his range.

Just finished Tenet. For as complicated as they want it to seem, it’s really fairly simple. Movie was worth watching but it felt like an excuse to do fancy camera tricks. If he hadn’t made Inception I might like it more but as it stands, it was like an inferior version of it. Seeing it in a theater might have helped but then I would have missed half the dialogue so whatever. For an action movie, it’s an A but for a Nolan movie, it’s a B-.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, TheSilentBob said:

Just finished Tenet. For as complicated as they want it to seem, it’s really fairly simple. Movie was worth watching but it felt like an excuse to do fancy camera tricks. If he hadn’t made Inception I might like it more but as it stands, it was like an inferior version of it. Seeing it in a theater might have helped but then I would have missed half the dialogue so whatever. For an action movie, it’s an A but for a Nolan movie, it’s a B-.

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by acp
  • Haha 1

I just watched Broken Arrow with Slater and Travolta and now I think I'm going to go on a Nic Cage marathon.  Face Off, Con Air, The Rock.  Raising Arizona.  Might even throw in some Peggy Sue Got Married, idk.

Wish me luck.

1 hour ago, Swerve said:

I just watched Broken Arrow with Slater and Travolta and now I think I'm going to go on a Nic Cage marathon.  Face Off, Con Air, The Rock.  Raising Arizona.  Might even throw in some Peggy Sue Got Married, idk.

Wish me luck.

As a sentimental man my favorite Nic Cage movie is The Family Man

Waiting for this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11160650/ Looks like a great stuff...

Also someone mentioned Tenet here - I've enjoyed many Nolan films but he really disappeared up his own backside with this one. I've seen bad movies, but this movie fails on the basic foundations of what a movie needs to be, to be entertaining and valuable. I almost fell asleep a few times

Edited by malcolmnorris
Just now, ThunderKid2000 said:

Watching Tenet. What the fuck is up with the sound? I can only understand 30% of the dialogue. The action scenes are incredibly load and the dialogue is muffled as hell. Like they’re speaking underwater or something. 

Yup... Saw it in a random open theater back in Aug/Sept with 3 total people... Couldn't understand half of dialogue and thought the movie was dumb.  I know some people enjoyed it, but I think it is a big swing and a miss for Nolan. 

4 minutes ago, ThunderKid2000 said:

Watching Tenet. What the fuck is up with the sound? I can only understand 30% of the dialogue. The action scenes are incredibly load and the dialogue is muffled as hell. Like they’re speaking underwater or something. 

tenor (1).gif

Edited by hookey91
3 hours ago, ThunderKid2000 said:

I swear, every show/movie has this issue and it's the reason like 30% of people always use subtitles

On 3/31/2021 at 8:30 AM, ThunderKid2000 said:

Pulp Fiction is the most entertaining movie ever made. It will never leave my top 5. Silence of the Lambs is the most perfectly made movie of all time. Completely flawless in every way. Shawshank might have the most satisfying ending ever. 

Too many superlatives for one decade

Edited by Shaaarrrp