advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

On 5/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Camzeeee said:

watched "Nobody" in theaters this past weekend. Had 0 knowledge of the movie going in. Hadn't even heard of it. Was fucking awesome.

Could be due to it being the first movie i see in theaters since COVID but damn i was entertained.

Agreed. What I learned from this movie.

Never come to your enemy's house to settle your fight.

On a lark I decided to watch MVP:  Most Valuable Primate (2000).  I think it's about a monkey who plays professional basketball.

I'm only about 30 seconds in but already I'm pretty sure this is going to be the greatest movie I've ever watched.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Swerve said:

On a lark I decided to watch MVP:  Most Valuable Primate (2000).  I think it's about a monkey who plays professional basketball.

I'm only about 30 seconds in but already I'm pretty sure this is going to be the greatest movie I've ever watched.

I was wrong.  This stupid movie was about a monkey who plays hockey, not basketball.  What were they even thinking.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Watched that new Netflix movie with Amy Adams "The Woman In The Window".

Idk why I watched it, I saw it had under a 6 on imdb which means it's guaranteed to suck so I'll just say a few things.

Amy Adams is prob my fav actress and she didn't ruin this movie, the idiotic plot and directing ruined it.

Julianne Whoore is a really fantastic actress...like wow top notch skills, I guess I never realized it before but she's elite.

The movie has some good parts/aspects to it.  The problem is the first 80% of the movie is pschological thriller mystery revolving around one character and then randomly at the very end the movie becomes a movie about some dipshit character you don't give a flying fuck about and all of a sudden it's like a slasher horror movie.  Aboslutely horrible directing lol idk how these A list actors didn't just walk off the fucking set.

It's so bad/obnoxious/offensive how they just switch up the movie on you that I had invested almost 2 hours into this movie and literally at the peak of this climax I just turned it off.  Done.  I don't give a fuck what else the movie had to say after that idiotic turn of events.  

5/10.  IMDB spot on again.

Good Boys was the first one that popped into my mind, and it's not like that was some awesome roll-on-the-floor hilarity.

Woke culture definitely sucks for comedy. Although if you think about it, good comedies are pretty darn rare to begin with.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Celestial Terror said:

wife has been binging dawson's creek

just today I heard katie holmes and another character call someone retarded multiple times in one episode.  I'm like wait what?!? that's fucking awesome and sad cuz would never happen today anymore.

Lol. Same thing happened to me. Wife was watching Gilmore Girls and I heard Rory say something about I might as well go play softball with the retarded kids and I was like, wait, what?

On 5/18/2021 at 1:05 AM, CardTrucks said:

Poor Jolie gave it her all, but I could have easily seen a slightly younger (but still Taken-mode) Neeson playing this part, which, IMO, is a missed opportunity from such a cast and such an acclaimed writer.

• Like 1