advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

I wonder who's bright idea it was to stop at 10? I don't think any of the mediocre actors want to leave the franchise. Besides the Rock, the main cast only has this franchise to cling on to. They could literally pump out sequels for another 10 years. Milk that tit dry if im the studio 

Just now, hookey91 said:

I wonder who's bright idea it was to stop at 10? I don't think any of the mediocre actors want to leave the franchise. Besides the Rock, the main cast only has this franchise to cling on to. They could literally pump out sequels for another 10 years and their audience would slurp that shit up. Milk that tit dry if im the studio 

I feel bad for Vince, who was Paul Walkers antagonist in the first film. Dude was completely right about Walker being untrustworthy and a narc, and he was pretty much shown the door. 

Jordana Brewster is another. Tough break of losing millions because Walker died 

10 hours ago, Camzeeee said:

ol dude that drove the white VW in the 1st one has to be sooooooooooooooooooooo pissed they killed his characteroff in the first installment

He’s a pretty pretentious actor. Not sure he would have stuck around for 10 movies. He’s doing ok though. 

A couple movies I watched recently that were weird and enjoyable. I recommend both. 

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Kajillionaire

On 7/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, ThunderKid2000 said:

Chris Pratt Amazon movie was ok. Entertaining enough. Cool concept. B-

Agreed, thought it was a solid popcorn flick.  I picked up a lot of Live, Die, Repeat vibes which is fine by me since that movie rules.

yep. decent time filler.

I think i'm just spoiled by series now but every time i watch a movie i leave thinking "damn that would have been better as a series"...

On 7/3/2021 at 10:43 AM, ThunderKid2000 said:

Chris Pratt Amazon movie was ok. Entertaining enough. Cool concept. B-

Agree mostly. But I don't think I've ever seen a movie with more plot holes or wtf moments in at least a decade. The whole "let's fight the aliens at the end because they don't trust the government to do it right" was such LOL. All time moment

And I think I believed Mark Wahlberg more as a science teacher in The Happening than Pratt in this movie. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, acp said:

A couple movies I watched recently that were weird and enjoyable. I recommend both. 

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Kajillionaire

Adding these two movies to recent good choices…

The Wave

Flashback

I’m a huge fan of weird movies and psychological thrillers, but neither of which are an easy genres to land with audiences. And “weird” is obviously not a recognized genre, but I didn’t know how else to categorize Kajillionaire.

It’s rare for me to see 4 movies in a row that weren’t recommended and rate them in the 4-5 out of 5 range.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:23 AM, wantagolf said:

Watched the Tomorrow War. Pretty good. No great left wind narrative running through it.  When is nice. 

what are some recent blockbusters with left wing narratives running through them?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TheAlbatross said:

what are some recent blockbusters with left wing narratives running through them?

Mulan, Joker

Edited by wantagolf