advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

On 2/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, Charles Vane said:

I dunno I might be boycotting all comedy sequels seeing as how the last dozen or so I've seen have fucking sucked balls.  The last good one was ace ventura 2.

Pitch perfect 2.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, JB said:

Ugh, the premise makes no sense. 

Isnt the plot that Eddie Murphy's character has some illegitimate kid in NYC and thats when hes going back? 

Like when the fuck was he whoring around in the first movie?

Theres a scene with him and arsenio dating a bunch of diff chicks at a bar.

Just went through the 2014 Oscar nominations...

Interstellar wasn't nominated for Best Picture, nor was Nolan nominated for Best Director. LOL. Bennett Miller was nominated for Foxcatcher ffs.

2014 rivals 1994. The proper Best Picture nominees, if you did the old school five noms, would have been...

Birdman

Boyhood

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Interstellar 

Whiplash

23 minutes ago, wantagolf said:

Oh i cant wait.  Been along time with no Clancy movies coming out.

It looks really sweet, sadly I doubt its going to be that good since its being released via Streaming. They probably would of waited for theatrical release if it was any good. Hope I'm wrong

On 2/28/2021 at 10:34 PM, marinersheep said:

Just went through the 2014 Oscar nominations...

Interstellar wasn't nominated for Best Picture, nor was Nolan nominated for Best Director. LOL. Bennett Miller was nominated for Foxcatcher ffs.

2014 rivals 1994. The proper Best Picture nominees, if you did the old school five noms, would have been...

Birdman

Boyhood

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Interstellar 

Whiplash

On 2/28/2021 at 10:38 PM, hookey91 said:

Keaton was completely robbed for Birdman. Dicaprio stupidly won for The Revenant

Jesus was The Revenant really 2014? Time flies...

I never saw Snobman or The Grand Snobfest Hotel but Interstellar and Whiplash were all-timers for me.  I already forgot about boyhood.

42 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

I never saw Snobman

This seems silly.  Forget whatever snobsense you heard about it and just give it a try, no expectations, just curiosity.  Watch like the first 60 seconds and see if you're not already kind of interested to see more about whatever's happening.

Grand Budapest took me a few times to finish, I kept falling asleep, but when I finally made it through the whole thing it was an excellent movie.

Life Aquatic is one I need to rewatch, I don’t remember it at all.

Speaking of Bill Murray, I also need to rewatch Lost in Translation. My memory of that movie was not favorable, but I hear so many good things and the reviews are phenomenal.

4 minutes ago, JB said:

Honestly, its is probably a good movie. 

My issue was it was instantly clear that it was trying to be a sophisticated Oscar move. Its very easy to tell what those are, so I couldnt see through it after like only a few minutes watching. 

It botheres me so much. 

Fair enough. It was good but it was a try hard. Most don’t work like that. 

37 minutes ago, acp said:

Grand Budapest took me a few times to finish, I kept falling asleep, but when I finally made it through the whole thing it was an excellent movie.

Life Aquatic is one I need to rewatch, I don’t remember it at all.

Speaking of Bill Murray, I also need to rewatch Lost in Translation. My memory of that movie was not favorable, but I hear so many good things and the reviews are phenomenal.

grand snobfest and life fagotic obv are nerd movies that mean nothing and who cares

lost in translation is a great movie... I'll watch every 5 years or so forever

Coming 2 America came out on Amazon.jp so I started it last night. Fell asleep but not because of the movie. I was a few beers deep and tired fam. Movie seemed ok from what I can remember. I'll go back and start where I left off.

The movie we never knew we needed.

Elizabeth Banks to direct bear-centric thriller COCAINE BEAR for Universal.

The film is based on true events from 1985; a 175-pound bear accidentally consumed over 70 ponds of cocaine that was dropped it from a plane by a smuggler.

• Like 1