Jump to content
advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, XXEDPXX said:


Can Tread or the Cbulf guy tell us what this means?

Take it or leave it Ed.  I love these companies with all my heart.  I've been to a dozen movies over the past two weeks.  These companies will fail.  Everything msheep loves about theatres no longer exists.  I love buying shitty popcorn, I will not buy old shitty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mrfreeze53 said:

Take it or leave it Ed.  I love these companies with all my heart.  I've been to a dozen movies over the past two weeks.  These companies will fail.  Everything msheep loves about theatres no longer exists.  I love buying shitty popcorn, I will not buy old shitty.

 

how? nothing has been good out for what feels like years

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

 

how? nothing has been good out for what feels like years

 

This is exactly right. Theaters will be fine. They're obviously not these huge cash cows, but they'll be fine. Of course theaters suck when there isn't anything good to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marinersheep said:

 

This is exactly right. Theaters will be fine. They're obviously not these huge cash cows, but they'll be fine. Of course theaters suck when there isn't anything good to see.

Your wrong, love your takes but your wrong.  Not gonna argue because I'm on your side and I have movie cutouts in my condo just because I loved your poem.  Ed can talk about my misuse of your, you're, their, and what ever the fuck else.  How many movies u been to msheep in the past two months, mind u you're a heavy user?  Ain't gonna happen film theatres are fucked.

 

Saw "The Father" tonight.  Usually like to contemplate and give a review a couple days after the fact.  No need with this film, it's a masterpiece I was waiting for during Covid.  In a world where "Minari" is the cream of the crop, "The Father" rises to the top.  Anthony Hopkins best performance since "Silence of the Lambs".  I was blown away with the film, and by far and away the best film I've seen in a year.  10/10.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Camzeeee said:

haven't watched it yet. i liked the trailer but i read some bad reviews so haven't watched it yet...was it worth watching?

For you, yes.  Just be prepared for no one to like.  Pike plays the same character tho just far worse imo.  Peter Dinkledge is fantastic.  The bad reviews are for people who can't like a film where every character is despicable.

Edited by Mrfreeze53
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mrfreeze53 said:

Your wrong, love your takes but your wrong.  Not gonna argue because I'm on your side and I have movie cutouts in my condo just because I loved your poem.  Ed can talk about my misuse of your, you're, their, and what ever the fuck else.  How many movies u been to msheep in the past two months, mind u you're a heavy user?  Ain't gonna happen film theatres are fucked.

 

Been to zero...because studios pushed all the good shit back. 007 will come out and make a gazillion dollars opening weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marinersheep said:

 

Been to zero...because studios pushed all the good shit back. 007 will come out and make a gazillion dollars opening weekend. 

How much will 007 make opening weekend, I would love to lock in a bet and take the under with u.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People don't think theatres will destroy precovid numbers once the vaccine really starts rolling out and people feel safe?  Yall crazy.  I've been waiting to see Top Gun 2 forever and I almost never go to the theatre.  It might take a bit but so many people are aching to get out and experience things, they will be ready to  spend some $$$.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JB said:

 

 

I figured Marvels next movie would be a good test, but then I saw its Black Widow, and that was probably going to be a weaker release even without this. 

 

 

 

Now this is racism. God dam.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, kellykip said:

 

When is Coming To America 2 on Amazon Prime supposed to get released?  I wanna see that for sure

 

On 2/6/2021 at 8:33 PM, JB said:

 

Ugh, the premise makes no sense. 

 

Isnt the plot that Eddie Murphy's character has some illegitimate kid in NYC and thats when hes going back? 

 

Like when the fuck was he whoring around in the first movie?

 

On 2/6/2021 at 8:57 PM, kellykip said:

 

Woulda made more sense if the Arsenio character nutted raw in some cashier at Associated or something

 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:37 PM, JB said:

 

Yeah exactly. Hot tub baby or some shit. 

 

Eddit Murphy's character was basically a prude. When I read that, I got tilted now idk when Ill watch it. 

 

I just hate when they try to do the sequel to a classic decades later. I love that movie. This money grab better not tarnish it. 


We watched it last night. I was bored with it pretty quickly. It’s a good trip back into the world of Zamunda but it’s not very funny and nostalgia only gets you so far, especially if you’ve watched the original recently. I started trying to guess how they were going to work in cameos and I completely whiffed on the last one. I’ll give the film a C and never watch it again.

 

@JB Murphy is still a prude and they explain how the kid exists if that’s really holding you back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

what movie should I watch tonight?

Ad Astra
Buster's Mal Heart
Bladerunner 2049
Lawrence of Arabia
The Lighthouse
The Nice Guys
The Little Things
Uncut Gems
Sunshine
The Thing
Snobman

The only one on that list that I’ve seen is Uncut Gems and I thought it was terrible. The profanity was so overwhelming that it became a distraction and I normally don’t even notice it when watching a movie. I also don’t think I could handle Adam Sandler in a non-comedic role. He was too over-the-top. If those things don’t faze you than you might enjoy it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

what movie should I watch tonight?

Ad Astra
Buster's Mal Heart
Bladerunner 2049
Lawrence of Arabia
The Lighthouse
The Nice Guys
The Little Things
Uncut Gems
Sunshine
The Thing
Snobman

The Nice Guys or Bird Man

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JKR said:

The only one on that list that I’ve seen is Uncut Gems and I thought it was terrible. The profanity was so overwhelming that it became a distraction and I normally don’t even notice it when watching a movie. I also don’t think I could handle Adam Sandler in a non-comedic role. He was too over-the-top. If those things don’t faze you than you might enjoy it. 

 

Yeah and then when he gets shot and killed at the end after winning all that money for those mobsters I was like what the fuck is this jfc............

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charles Vane said:

what movie should I watch tonight?

Ad Astra
Buster's Mal Heart
Bladerunner 2049
Lawrence of Arabia
The Lighthouse
The Nice Guys
The Little Things
Uncut Gems
Sunshine
The Thing
Snobman

 

Snobman if you really feel like sitting down and watching a movie.

 

Blade Runner 2049 if you want an awesome movie that you don't have to be 100% glued to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.