advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

Sunshine was okay.  If you completely ignore how stupid it is.

I didn't care for Bladerunner that much.  It was okay, nothing special imo.  Def didn't recapture the magic of the first. 

The Thing didn't even come close to recapturing the magic of the first.  Still can watch it at some point though.

Haven't seen the others.

I vote Smobham too.  just get it over with.

Edited by Swerve
Ah shit i just noticed i missed the party by like 4 hours
13 hours ago, Charles Vane said:

what movie should I watch tonight?

Ad Astra
Buster's Mal Heart
Bladerunner 2049
Lawrence of Arabia
The Lighthouse
The Nice Guys
The Little Things
Uncut Gems
Sunshine
The Thing
Snobman

The Nice Guys 1st, and Ad Astra last. That movie was fucking horrible

• Like 1

The 4hr Justice League cut is getting very solid reviews, especially when compared to the 2017 release. I never saw Justice League but might give this a watch at some point. Interesting experiment none the less 

10 minutes ago, TheSilentBob said:

Yeah, not sure why people missed that one.

It's one of the funniest movies of the past decade, but it did really shitty at the box office. Gosling and Crowe wanted to do a sequel too. 

If you haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang you are missing out. Its by the same writer and director, and it too got swept under the rug. Its the better movie of the two 

Edited by hookey91
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, JKoblyn said:

I thought it was way better than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Meh, it's close imo. Imdb has KKBB at 7.5 and TNG at 7.4. I don't see how you could really enjoy one and not the other 

I'm not the biggest fan of The Shining, but I do love films that allow for in depth analysis to fully understand. There's a new theory that came out recently that makes it highly probable that it was Wendy having a psychological episode and not her husband. This theory seems airtight and is blowing the minds of Shining fans. If true, I would say this is the best directed film of all time

The video has an annoying robotic voice but you get used to it 

Edited by hookey91
3 hours ago, hookey91 said:

I'm not the biggest fan of The Shining, but I do love films that allow for in depth analysis to fully understand. There's a new theory that came out recently that makes it highly probable that it was Wendy having a psychological episode and not her husband. This theory seems airtight and is blowing the minds of Shining fans. If true, I would say this is the best directed film of all time

Soooo dope and without looking at feedback / responses yet, I definitely think this is a great theory. 

I’m also a big fan of movies that result in lots of fan theories and analysis. So many out there, but Tenet is the most recent one that comes to mind that was cool to watch, but researching the theories and analyses afterwards made me appreciate the movie so much more.

There's been like 3-4 different theories on the Shining. Its crazy how the most sensible theory didn't get discovered until 40 years after the films release. It makes a lot of sense why Kubrick wanted break Shelley Duvall to the point of her having her own nervous breakdown while filming 

Yeah I need to do a rewatch of Tenet. I didn't get it all on first viewing. Snowpiecer being a sequel to Willy Wonka is another favorite of mine

27 minutes ago, skeeze666 said:

I skimmed that Shining video... Feels like a real streeetttccchhhhh

Explain bro. I’m convinced after watching this was one of the best explanations ever 

55 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

typical woke culture trying to give all the credit to the woman

Lol yeah. A woman going completely mental and all the mystical things in The Shining are just her imagination is very woke

Edited by hookey91
9 hours ago, hookey91 said:

Holy shit I'm blown away. Thanks for posting 

45 minutes ago, acp said:

Explain bro. I’m convinced after watching this was one of the best explanations ever 

I'm not saying it doesn't work from the perspective of the video maker... I'm saying it just feels like all conspiracy theories - there's always enough there to make a case but it's all such a stretch.  The book never makes any sort of claim like this and there's never been any claim that I know of that it was shot from her perspective.  I'm not saying it isn't interesting... I'm saying it's a fan theory and that's fine, but I don't personally believe it has merit. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, skeeze666 said:

I'm not saying it doesn't work from the perspective of the video maker... I'm saying it just feels like all conspiracy theories - there's always enough there to make a case but it's all such a stretch.  The book never makes any sort of claim like this and there's never been any claim that I know of that it was shot from her perspective.  I'm not saying it isn't interesting... I'm saying it's a fan theory and that's fine, but I don't personally believe it has merit. 

buzzkill666

• Haha 1