Jump to content
advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, skeeze666 said:

Hoop Dreams is easily in my top 10 of the 90s and probably top 25 all time for me.  I have no idea how it plays to someone who wasn't a basketball player, and the fact that it came out when I was right around the peak of my high school playing days certainly plays heavily into it.

 

I need to Chungking Express, apparently... Also, Heat is definitely a top favorite of mine.

 

Hoop Dreams is def great!

 

Criterion just released a Wong Kar Wai boxset that looks pretty gorgeous

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh on Godzilla. I saw it on HBO Max tho. It probably be a good time in theaters. Fight scenes were pretty dope but everything involving humans was painfully bad. The black comic relief character was doing his best Anthony Anderson impersonation 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hookey91 said:

Meh on Godzilla. I saw it on HBO Max tho. It probably be a good time in theaters. Fight scenes were pretty dope but everything involving humans was painfully bad. The black comic relief character was doing his best Anthony Anderson impersonation 

 

I didn’t like the movie, just some good visuals, but that’s about it. 

 

7 minutes ago, ThunderKid2000 said:


Yeah he wasn’t great. But that guy is actually a great actor. He’s PaperBoy in Atlanta. 


I agree his character wasn’t great, but I think paperboy did the best he could to make it believable. I love him in Atlanta and it was fun to see his range.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Tenet. For as complicated as they want it to seem, it’s really fairly simple. Movie was worth watching but it felt like an excuse to do fancy camera tricks. If he hadn’t made Inception I might like it more but as it stands, it was like an inferior version of it. Seeing it in a theater might have helped but then I would have missed half the dialogue so whatever. For an action movie, it’s an A but for a Nolan movie, it’s a B-.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TheSilentBob said:

Just finished Tenet. For as complicated as they want it to seem, it’s really fairly simple. Movie was worth watching but it felt like an excuse to do fancy camera tricks. If he hadn’t made Inception I might like it more but as it stands, it was like an inferior version of it. Seeing it in a theater might have helped but then I would have missed half the dialogue so whatever. For an action movie, it’s an A but for a Nolan movie, it’s a B-.

 

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by acp
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched Broken Arrow with Slater and Travolta and now I think I'm going to go on a Nic Cage marathon.  Face Off, Con Air, The Rock.  Raising Arizona.  Might even throw in some Peggy Sue Got Married, idk.

 

Wish me luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swerve said:

I just watched Broken Arrow with Slater and Travolta and now I think I'm going to go on a Nic Cage marathon.  Face Off, Con Air, The Rock.  Raising Arizona.  Might even throw in some Peggy Sue Got Married, idk.

 

Wish me luck.


As a sentimental man my favorite Nic Cage movie is The Family Man

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11160650/ Looks like a great stuff...

Also someone mentioned Tenet here - I've enjoyed many Nolan films but he really disappeared up his own backside with this one. I've seen bad movies, but this movie fails on the basic foundations of what a movie needs to be, to be entertaining and valuable. I almost fell asleep a few times

 

Edited by malcolmnorris
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThunderKid2000 said:

Watching Tenet. What the fuck is up with the sound? I can only understand 30% of the dialogue. The action scenes are incredibly load and the dialogue is muffled as hell. Like they’re speaking underwater or something. 

 

 

tenor (1).gif

Edited by hookey91
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.