advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

1/3 thru "Nobody" via a VPN to Romina  !!I might be past dunk ... But this an AWEAONE Flick so fat --- Far !!

Yyprd thies shit 1tomes over so sarr.   

030 fity will ne como on on my as soon for tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, DONKWOOD said:

I just watched it. JFC it might be the most unnecessary most violent movie I've ever seen lmaoooooooo

Its fucking mortal combat. It's literally known only for its violence

3 hours ago, hookey91 said:

Its fucking mortal combat. It's literally known only for its violence

Very true but this shit was over the top ffs but I get it. I enjoyed it. And its Kombat you fkn dolt (wanta too!)

12 minutes ago, DONKWOOD said:

Very true but this shit was over the top ffs but I get it. I enjoyed it. And its Kombat you fkn dolt (wanta too!)

Fuck me. I even spelled it with a K originally. Thought I was being moronic 

I also watched it last night. 

I actually thought it was really, really dumb and was a bit disappointed because foolish me I thought we might actually try to make a decent movie out of the idea this time instead of continuing to rely on mindlessly calling back to the video game.  "Omg guys, look, he did it, just like in the game!"  And then again.  And again.  Like, we already did this in the 90's, are we really still not past all this "Finish him."  "Flawless.  Victory." retarded dialogue shit?  And speaking of retarded dialogue shit, see every other line that was said by every character throughout the entire movie.   Both the exposition/dialogue and storytelling really are just garbage, I noticed it from minutes in and it never got better.  The only thing I sort of liked was how they turned Jax into Jax.  Although of course the whole "my inner magic power is cooler cybernetic robot arms" and such is just kind of dumb.

I mean it's whatever, it's just Mortal Kombat, so I'm over it.  But since you mentioned it, yeah, I expected and for damn sure had hoped for better.

Also I feel asleep with 30 minutes left so Imaboutsta watch the rest now.  For some stupid reason.

Edited by Swerve
1 hour ago, Swerve said:

I also watched it last night. 

I actually thought it was really, really dumb and was a bit disappointed because foolish me I thought we might actually try to make a decent movie out of the idea this time instead of continuing to rely on mindlessly calling back to the video game.  "Omg guys, look, he did it, just like in the game!"  And then again.  And again.  Like, we already did this in the 90's, are we really still not past all this "Finish him."  "Flawless.  Victory." retarded dialogue shit?  And speaking of retarded dialogue shit, see every other line that was said by every character throughout the entire movie.   Both the exposition/dialogue and storytelling really are just garbage, I noticed it from minutes in and it never got better.  The only thing I sort of liked was how they turned Jax into Jax.  Although of course the whole "my inner magic power is cooler cybernetic robot arms" and such is just kind of dumb.

I mean it's whatever, it's just Mortal Kombat, so I'm over it.  But since you mentioned it, yeah, I expected and for damn sure had hoped for better.

Also I feel asleep with 30 minutes left so Imaboutsta watch the rest now.  For some stupid reason.

I saw this movie based on a dumb fighting game and I am really disappointed it was based on the game. 

• Like 1

Meh.  Things can be "based" on stupid things and yet the people involved can still manage to find a fresh approach and show some creative talent.  If they posses such a thing.  Which these people clearly do not.

You know how sometimes you see some story that boasts it's "based on true events", but you can't help but roll your eyes at how much absurd freedom they took with the narrative, and how loose that truthful basis actually is?  I was just hoping they'd do that with this one.  They COULD have done that with this one.  Instead we have a faithful mess of a remake of a corny ass movie from 25 years ago that has none of charm of the original, but which has the nerve to take itself way more seriously.    And Sonia wasn't even that hot.

SHE WASN'T EVEN THAT HOT, BOB

• Haha 1

What a weird decision to put Best Actress and Best Actor to close the show. I thought for sure that Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman would win those awards simply based on where those awards were presented on the show.

But then they went to the two old white people, and Hopkins wasn't anywhere to be found lol. Bizarre.

Edited by marinersheep
Just now, Johnny Slippy said:

He's not American. Global Pandemic and whatnot.

....or maybe he just isn't into train station award shows. He's a Knight ffs.

Gary Oldman was in London.

I don't think he gives a fuck about it, and good for him. Just incredible that the show ends like that. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Slippy said:

Maybe the show runners thought it would end the way you did too.  They couldn't know for sure tho, but yeah, they probably assumed.

Must have. But wowww what a blunder lol

26 minutes ago, marinersheep said:

Gary Oldman was in London.

I don't think he gives a fuck about it, and good for him. Just incredible that the show ends like that. 

He absolutely gives zero fucks about awards and has been pretty public about it. I was expecting Joaquin to go completely unhinged there

lol at the oscars this year, they shouldn't even count

I don't think I saw a single movie and looking through the list, I don't play on watching any of this dogshit either

Certainly the worst year in movie history and the last 5 years have been pretty pathetic