Jump to content
advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 7/29/2021 at 4:30 PM, ThunderKid2000 said:

Isn’t that why it’s a cool story? That it did happen despite the odds. 

Yeah, I just hope the movie doesn't make people want to emulate his style of parenting. Its the same thing with Tiger Woods dad 

Edited by hookey91
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 6:57 AM, DONKWOOD said:

Would you believe me if I told you I drove through Compton once and ended up in a cardroom in Oakland at 11pm? Fam you know I grew up in these streets.

I think you mean you grew up on the interstate.  Haha

Screenshot_20210730-080154_Maps.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2021 at 12:35 PM, kellykip said:

@TheAlbatross  @Celestial Terror

Trailer for King Richard, the film about Richard Williams.  Holy shit, this looks GOOD - Not out till November 19th.   Will Smith Oscar comin?

 

Good trailer for sure! Seems like Will has a good Oscar chance as well. I'm not that up to date about what else is coming up this year that might be competition though

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the same thing. I fell asleep and didn’t finish the movie yet, but I couldn’t believe how huge he is. 

I know that weight gain was not for the movie, so he should lie and get credit for the huge physical transformation he did for a role.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a fucked up story on ScarJo suing Disney over the Black Widow release.

She has a contract with Disney for a theater release film to get her % from the ticket sales;  she does the film.  Disney then decides that it's gonna be a dual release - theaters and Disney+ at the same time.  So obviously her reps attempt to renegotiate - Disney and Marvel are unresponsive.  

Disney's response to the suit is some virtuous words about 'she seems not to realize we're in the midst of a global pandemic'.   are you fucking kidding me?  they are trying to fuck her out of 10s of millions of dollars.  That is some shady fucking shit.

But the sad truth is, that mouse doesn't lose, and she's more likely than not gonna get screwed over here imo.  

Disney is on some serious scumbag shit

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 8:57 PM, kellykip said:

This is a fucked up story on ScarJo suing Disney over the Black Widow release.

She has a contract with Disney for a theater release film to get her % from the ticket sales;  she does the film.  Disney then decides that it's gonna be a dual release - theaters and Disney+ at the same time.  So obviously her reps attempt to renegotiate - Disney and Marvel are unresponsive.  

Disney's response to the suit is some virtuous words about 'she seems not to realize we're in the midst of a global pandemic'.   are you fucking kidding me?  they are trying to fuck her out of 10s of millions of dollars.  That is some shady fucking shit.

But the sad truth is, that mouse doesn't lose, and she's more likely than not gonna get screwed over here imo.  

Disney is on some serious scumbag shit

Please be a scumbag to me and pay me 20million.  That's what she has received so far.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 9:46 PM, wantagolf said:

Please be a scumbag to me and pay me 20million.  That's what she has received so far.  

i guarantee if you were in her shoes you'd sue the everloving shit out of a company that is flat out stealing tens of millions of dollars from you.  cmon 

Disney playing the bodega owner who is struggling to just barely survive during a pandemic is the clear Oscar winner in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s because Disney had to alter their plans and release it on Disney+ at the same time as the theatrical release. 
 

Disney has actually lost an ASSLOAd of $$$ due to the pandemic. Disney world has lost billions.

I guess ScarJo was set to make another 30 million in bonuses n shit if they stuck to the original plan but the pandemic altered things.

I still don’t exactly feel sorry for her she’s a B level actress that just got 20 million for making a shit movie 🎥 that I’ll never watch. 
 

😝 I liked her in Ghost World and The Island 🏝 but she really doesn’t have much range IMO 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2021 at 7:36 AM, slizza420 said:

It’s because Disney had to alter their plans and release it on Disney+ at the same time as the theatrical release. 
 

Disney has actually lost an ASSLOAd of $$$ due to the pandemic. Disney world has lost billions.

I guess ScarJo was set to make another 30 million in bonuses n shit if they stuck to the original plan but the pandemic altered things.

I still don’t exactly feel sorry for her she’s a B level actress that just got 20 million for making a shit movie 🎥 that I’ll never watch. 
 

😝 I liked her in Ghost World and The Island 🏝 but she really doesn’t have much range IMO 

Dude.  JoJo Rabbit and Lost in Translation pop her into A List. 

As an aside.  If you can find the interview someplace, howard stern interviewed Beneticio del Toro waaaay back and he told Howard he banged her in an elevator.  Was all Nate Diaz about it, "what?  So what!?" Was hilarious.

  The whole interview is 5th gear out of the park.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2021 at 11:36 PM, slizza420 said:

It’s because Disney had to alter their plans and release it on Disney+ at the same time as the theatrical release. 
 

Disney has actually lost an ASSLOAd of $$$ due to the pandemic. Disney world has lost billions.

I guess ScarJo was set to make another 30 million in bonuses n shit if they stuck to the original plan but the pandemic altered things.

I still don’t exactly feel sorry for her she’s a B level actress that just got 20 million for making a shit movie 🎥 that I’ll never watch. 
 

😝 I liked her in Ghost World and The Island 🏝 but she really doesn’t have much range IMO 

Nah, Disney broke their contract with her. And she's not a B-level actress as you so think she is else she wouldn't be in the show you are defending. 

Edited by CardTrucks
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, ThunderKid2000 said:

Watching Suicide Squad. Stay tuned…

Your thoughts are the pretty much the same as mine.  It just felt like an R rated version of Guardians of the Galaxy.  Easily 30 minutes too long.

 

Side note, watched Boss Level on Hulu which has Frank Grillo, Naomi Watts and Mel Gibson in it.  Frank Grillo is a former special forces guy who gets stuck in a time loop.  Very "Live, Die, Repeat" ish.  Super fun watch!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.