advertisement_alt
wantagolf

2021 Movie Discussion

3 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

Ben Foster...

45671676.jpg

Not a fan of film ayyy, he's been excruciatingly average over the last 5 years.  Between Hell or High water, and Leave No trace, he might be the greatest wannabe a list actor of our generation.

3 hours ago, Mrfreeze53 said:

I wanted to write a review of Greenland, but I don't even think it's worth my time.  The film has so many glaring flaws.  I could have chopped it down to 80 minutes and made it way better.  There's a 20 minute sequence involving the son being taken and the mom chasing which is utterly pointless.  And the involvement of the grandfather is just plain stupid, it's a meeting point that introduces a completely meaningless character.  Paid $20 Hollywood got me as a sucker......

You paid $20 for that shit?! Bahaha suckerrrrrr! I watched it for free and I felt ripped off. 

Without any spoilers, has anyone seen Promising Young Woman or News of the World yet?  I don't care about reviews or anything, just wondering if anyone has a first hand thumbs up or down for each?  Will probably try to see both this week.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, Preston_Luv said:

microwave sucks

pot

oil 1/4” thick on bottom 

Orvilles popcorn Kerman’s to top oil

cook while moving around

pour popcorn in bowl

immediately put 1/2 stick butter in pot

melt half and pour evenly 

put salt on

mix up
Put other half butter on Top

put salt on

mix up

enjoy

I actually do It in thirds With butter 

Sub coconut oil for other oils.  You will thank me later.

Also, add these two items after popping for movie theater quality popcorn.  The oil is the stuff they use at the theaters.  Can get them both on amazon.  

916uXU8DBoL._SL1500_.jpg

71-QDN4J+vL._SL1500_.jpg

5 hours ago, skeeze666 said:

Without any spoilers, has anyone seen Promising Young Woman or News of the World yet?  I don't care about reviews or anything, just wondering if anyone has a first hand thumbs up or down for each?  Will probably try to see both this week.

If I were Ebert and Roeper,I would say New of the world is a thumbs up and a thumbs down, Ebert would give it the thumbs down.  Promising young girl would be two thumbs up.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, skeeze666 said:

Was going to watch this last night. It was $19.99. I'll wait.

I miss the theater so much.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:43 PM, JB said:

Interstellar is my favorite movie of all time, but havent seen Tenet yet. 

How do I watch it these days? 

do you have a firestick? turn on allow apps from 3rd parties and download Cinema 2.0

On 1/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, marinersheep said:

Amazing that you could list six movies and Memento doesn't even crack it. Nolan is a legend.

Memento has to crack the list. It's too fucking good.

back when DVDs were a thing, I had the special edition where there was an option on the menu to take some psychology test, and if you answered in a specific way, you could watch the movie in chronological order instead of reverse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is easily the biggest wtf / dumb moment for me in a while.

I did not know the Winklevi were played by the same actor in Social Network and I’ve seen that movie more than 5x.

12 hours ago, acp said:

I did not know the Winklevi were played by the same actor in Social Network and I’ve seen that movie more than 5x.

The cannibal fetish guy?

12 hours ago, acp said:

No, it was twins but one of them ate the other.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, hookey91 said:

The cannibal fetish guy?

lol yep

I saw that news he was telling a girl he wanted to eat her toes or something like that, so I googled his name and realized he wasn’t a twin.

I was more shocked he wasn’t a twin than I was that he is a cannibal.

WSJ has a new article out detailing another large round of movie delays or straight to VOD etc. Gonna be a bloodbath for people who like going to the movies. Sigh. Paywall for the article so won’t post it. Easy enough to search and too long to copy/paste. 

32 minutes ago, skeeze666 said:

WSJ has a new article out detailing another large round of movie delays or straight to VOD etc. Gonna be a bloodbath for people who like going to the movies. Sigh. Paywall for the article so won’t post it. Easy enough to search and too long to copy/paste. 

HBOmax Ftw!

I just like going to the theater to watch some movies. Obviously being home is best for the majority of the experience, but damn this year has sucked for not just heading out for a double feature on a rainy day smuggling in sour patch kids and shit.