advertisement_alt
Mr. Blonde

***NHL 2021 Season Thread***

21 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

Why do I even bother cheering for the Leafs. There really must be a curse or something. 

URI how'd you deal with it as a Red Sox fan for all those years 

Lots of drugs and alcohol. 

It takes epic shit to end an epic curse. 
2004 ALCS 19-8 loss in Game to go down 3-0,  Then win next 4 games .

21 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

Hate making excuses but Carey Price going circa 2014 and Tavares played 3 minutes in the series is the only reason it was remotely close. 

#hatetomakebutiwillmAkeexcuses

5 minutes ago, jhubb said:

#hatetomakebutiwillmAkeexcuses

Of course. I'm a fan what do you expect? Lol 

This loss is squarely on 2 people and no one else. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens. Other than radical changes to the core there really isn't much than can be done in the off-season. 

56 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

Of course. I'm a fan what do you expect? Lol 

This loss is squarely on 2 people and no one else. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens. Other than radical changes to the core there really isn't much than can be done in the off-season. 

Of course. 
system. Culture. Players. Call the front office.

11 hours ago, Tracy_Ham said:

The Leafs switch conferences and still can’t win a playoff series. 

It’s been a weird season to say the least.

Go Jets Go!

How you luckboxed that sweep, I'll never know. But I also really like the Jets, so I'm hoping they have a magical run. GL bud!

• Like 1

Not sure home many here knew but Amazon was doing a behind the scenes documentary on the Leafs for this season. Their rating have just completely tanked. Really only Toronto fans would have watched in the first place and now probably half the people who would have watched don't want to relive this epic fail.

Sucks for them but it's Amazon so idgaf.

I actually can't believe Tampa won the first 2 games @ Carolina. Tampa was outplayed for a good part of both of those first 2 games. It seems like both teams are playing very conservatively and giving a ton of respect to the opposition goal tender. Carolina needs to make it physical if they want to win. Tampa is just too skilled AND experienced for them to try to go toe to toe in technical matches. 

Buffalo wins the Draft Lottery. Seattle #2 and Anaheim #3

Most likely Owen Power, 6'6 Defenseman at Michigan. It's a pretty down year for the elite level talent though. There isn't the big game changer out there. 

13 hours ago, heavyj80 said:

Scheifele has to be suspended for the rest of the playoffs no ? Not a good game one for the Jets after the sweep. 

You’re looking at the result of the hit.  Why get a suspension? It’s a hockey hit. Scheifele is going full speed to try to stop him from scoring an empty netter.  Evans trying to score a goal.  They collided at high speed.  I don’t think there was intent to blow him up.  You’re going to give him a bigger penalty than Kadri with his long history of dirty hits?   I don’t think it warrants a suspension at all.   It’s a high speed high contact sport.  It wasn’t a dirty hit.  It was a violent hit yes. 

It shouldn't. You evaluate the hit not the result. He has a phone hearing so the max he can get is 5 games. Contact was to the chest, the whiplash makes it look really bad, and he basically hit the ice on his head/shoulder. 

It wasn't dirty it was unnecessary. 

5 hours ago, TMLMS13 said:

It shouldn't. You evaluate the hit not the result. He has a phone hearing so the max he can get is 5 games. Contact was to the chest, the whiplash makes it look really bad, and he basically hit the ice on his head/shoulder. 

It wasn't dirty it was unnecessary. 

Exactly they are evaluating the result of the hit. Take tonight’s game. Marchand nowhere near the play swings his stick and hits Zajac in mouth. He gets 2 for high sticking. Now if Zajac went down in a pool of blood would Marchand deserve more because of it?  Besides being the biggest piece of shit in the sport. There was no hockey reason to do it.  And he hit him in the face.  Principal contact the head.  And you can’t find any hockey reason other than Marchand being the biggest piece of shit to make that play.   

NHL is so bad with the supplemental discipline. 

I think this is one of those hits, kind of like the pacioretty Chara hit a long time ago where you either rule he was intending to injure him and give him like 20 games or it was the unfortunate result of a legal play and give him zero. 

DOPS fucked up again by trying to make everyone happy and go in the middle. 

51 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

I think this is one of those hits, kind of like the pacioretty Chara hit a long time ago where you either rule he was intending to injure him and give him like 20 games or it was the unfortunate result of a legal play and give him zero. 

DOPS fucked up again by trying to make everyone happy and go in the middle. 

Chara hit there was zero doubt he was trying to hurt him.  The puck was long gone. But as usual the B’s get the benefit of the doubt on every call like this even though their disgusting front running fan base bitches non stop about bad calls.  He swung his stick at a guys head tonight. (Marchand)After how many suspensions ? After licking guys . How many fines? And he’s still in league and got game winner tonight. So in summary . You can get suspended multiple times get fined multiple times .  And swing your stick and hit a guy in the mouth. And get a 2 minute minor .   Or you can be a guy for 10 years who never had any fines or suspensions.  You make a very hard clean check and you get 4 games. 

14 hours ago, AFink93 said:

Exactly they are evaluating the result of the hit. Take tonight’s game. Marchand nowhere near the play swings his stick and hits Zajac in mouth. He gets 2 for high sticking. Now if Zajac went down in a pool of blood would Marchand deserve more because of it?  Besides being the biggest piece of shit in the sport. There was no hockey reason to do it.  And he hit him in the face.  Principal contact the head.  And you can’t find any hockey reason other than Marchand being the biggest piece of shit to make that play.   

NHL is so bad with the supplemental discipline. 

marchand is lit son. nice save on that game winner baby baby. maybe i'll come to foxwoods when the bruins are there celebrating winning the cup

On 5/31/2021 at 8:38 PM, TMLMS13 said:

Why do I even bother cheering for the Leafs. There really must be a curse or something. 

URI how'd you deal with it as a Red Sox fan for all those years 

the red sox sucked for a lot of time. now they can buy all the players they want. the leafs are brutal. they blow series leads and seems like they always make it to game 7 and then lose. i still can't believe they blew that 4-1 lead to the bruins late in the 3rd. unreal.

montreal/boston cup finals would be pretty awesome