advertisement_alt
Mydherin

How to play postflop

Question

Hi guys,

Im a beginner in poker. My question is about how to play postflop. To play preflop im having range tables but i dont have any kind of guide (videos, books, documents...) in which i can find explicit what i should to do in postflop. So do you know some content that i can use to learn about postflop engine and concepts?. I have founded some concepts and examples but this material dont have a define structure about postflop and finally i dont understand how to apply the concepts in my game. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

I am unsure if u are playing mtts or cash games. u cld go to twitch and search lex veldhuis and watch him play. u cld also get a membership to a training site to watch vids of people playing tournament poker edge. find some good vids also there is strategy all over the net u can find

Hi, I also think that watching other people playing is best for beginners. Watch the players post-flop carefully and choose the optimal strategy for you. I think you've read and learned a lot already. I want to add that you need to be careful with aggression during the game. Also, note that the position is the same important both before the flop and post-flop too!

Watching Lex Veldhuis play is not a good idea for a new player. There are many other streamers out there that will relate more to a beginner. 

There is a lot of free content on YouTube by Jonathan Little, Gripsed and others.

If you are an MTT player look up Alex Fitzgerald and his free content -he sends an email every day to his subscribers for free.

If you are a cash player BlackRain's crushing the microstakes is a good starting point and is still relevant after all these years for these stakes -the book is not expensive and a one time purchase.

Many poker books are outdated you may find their PDFs online, read a couple but keep in mind that many of the content there is outdated.

Also Google is your friend.

Keep watching training videos and soak up as much as you can...  Things like "why do we bet?" conceptually and building a framework for breaking down situations.  Lots of good content for free now on YT

Watch some Jonathan Little's videos that is best free resource for me. Also there is an app for iOS that I've found called Online Poker Equity Scanner that can help you a lot with hand-ranges, equity and stuff.