advertisement_alt
raisethis2

*** The Official Joe Biden Saves America Year #1 Thread***

Just now, Aaron_Hacker said:

Challenge:

Someone name an OTer more economically ignorant than RT2, Ozzie, or aupoker.

It can’t be done.  

Last month

Someone name an OTer more  ignorant about the border

than RT2, Ozzie, or aupoker

you are awful at this. 

5 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

Last month

Someone name an OTer more  ignorant about the border

than RT2, Ozzie, or aupoker

you are awful at this. 

?????????????

You think the border is back to November 2020 status?

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can’t stop laughing.  You’re fucking clueless.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

Enjoy Jimmy Carter 2.0.  This administration is so far out in front of their skis that it’s almost unbelievable and here you are slurping them out of some sense of duty.  What in the actual fuck are you doing?  Hold the L and move on.  

Lololol!!  Just saw this edit but its perfect. Ill edit my last post to cunt neck jr 

awesome

Edited by aupoker1
3 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

?????????????

You think the border is back to November 2020 status?

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can’t stop laughing.  You’re fucking clueless.

You and the other dummies have stopped yelling about it. 

i assume its in just as shitty shape as its always been. I hear kids are being reunited with their parents though. People are saying. 

Just now, aupoker1 said:

You and the other dummies have stopped yelling about it. 

i assume its in just as shitty shape as its always been. I hear kids are being reunited with their parents though. People are saying. 

The assumption you pulled out of your ass was wrong again.  I’m sensing a theme.  

Just now, Aaron_Hacker said:

The assumption you pulled out of your ass was wrong again.  I’m sensing a theme.  

Jimmy carter 2.0. When your down to quoting junior youve already lost. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

Jimmy carter 2.0. When your down to quoting junior youve already lost. 

LOL I’m not quoting anyone.  The fact that you know anything that Trump Jr has ever said about anything is hilarious to me.  

Lookup stagflation, read and learn something, and report back.  

Or just keep spewing complete raw ignorance. All good either way.  We all have to play our part.  

Edited by Aaron_Hacker
5 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

I dont believe u. 

I know this might be very hard for you to believe, but some of us:

-know economics

-know US history 

-don’t spend 16 hours a day on Twitter

Carter 2.0 is never posted by you without donnie jr being all over Twitter with his dumb comment about carter and his even dumber excuse. 

nothing you ever say will make me believe differently. 

7 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

I know this might be very hard for you to believe, but some of us:

-know economics

-know US history 

-don’t spend 16 hours a day on Twitter

I don’t even have Twitter.  The only things I see from Twitter is what is posted here.  

Based on your post history, it’s very clear that you have an incredibly difficult time discerning what is and isn’t true.  This is just more of the same, and that’s fine.  

The best part is that you think I would intentionally lie to an ignorant hippy on the internet.  LOL

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

I don’t even have Twitter.  The only things I see from Twitter is what is posted here.  

Based on your post history, it’s very clear that you have an incredibly difficult time discerning what is and isn’t true.  This is just more of the same, and that’s fine.  

The best part is that you think I would intentionally lie to an ignorant hippy on the internet.  LOL

Dude. You are famous here for popping in and spewing cunt necks ridiculous tweets and pretending you didn't. 

ok. Ill pretend u just pulled that carter nonsense out cause u an economy expert

oy motherfucking vey

Edited by aupoker1
14 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

Dude. You are famous here for popping in and spewing cunt necks ridiculous tweets and pretending you didn't. 

ok. Ill pretend u just pulled that carter nonsense out cause u an economy expert

oy motherfucking vey

Ive never quoted anything Trump has said.  Maybe stuff he has said becomes news and I discuss the topic... maybe my takes on certain things are similar.  

Cant fathom how out in left field you are about this.  Kind of hard to believe, but, not really.  

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

This just in: starting a business is risky.  

-Economics experts

You think that the primary reason people should risk their own capital is to provide jobs that pay living wages to strangers.  You’re not a serious person.  

Edited by Aaron_Hacker
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

Ive never quoted anything Trump has said.  Maybe stuff he has said becomes news and I discuss the topic... maybe my takes on certain things are similar.  

Cant fathom how out in left field you are about this.  Kind of hard to believe, but, not really.  

You dont post his twitter feed. 

you just spew the exact nonsense he had tweeted that day or the day before kind of iof your own words. Lots of times you barely even change the words. 

32 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

You think that the primary reason people should risk their own capital is to provide jobs that pay living wages to strangers.  You’re not a serious person.  

Lol wut

I'm saying if you can't afford to pay full time employees enough to keep them off welfare then I don't care if your business fails.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Lol wut

I'm saying if you can't afford to pay full time employees enough to keep them off welfare then I don't care if your business fails.  

In before ozzie wants 15$ minimum wage right now!

3 hours ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

Challenge:

Someone name an OTer more economically ignorant than RT2, Ozzie, or aupoker.

It can’t be done.  

Um, you don't wanna match rolls. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

You're also saying that a simplistic solution like raising the minimum wage could actually be effective at doing what you accomplish and help the maximum number of people.  Seems like you ignore a bunch of things.  

I noticed you noted full time employees.  Should a business be forced to pay a living hourly wage for employees who don't need to work full time and are happy to work for whatever you consider less than the acceptable minimum?   Do you not see the idiocy in forcing a business to pay more than what they otherwise could for work from a free and unencumbered individual?

If you were building a house and x builder said they could make it for 200K but y builder said they needed 400k to keep their employees fed, would you take the line that every single house needs to cost 400k and you should pay that?

Edited by Shaaarrrp
Posted (edited)

Maybe i missed it but i didnt see him saying raising the minimum wage is the answer. 

imo you wouldnt even have to match the 700$ a week.  Just incentivize them more, give better benefits. There are answers that dont include raising the minimum wage. 

i really think most people are fucking tired if sitting home. 

Edited by aupoker1
Posted (edited)

I will say this as well and ive seen it first hand. This pandemic has made a lot of underpaid employees who have been underpaid for awhile but dont know any better go out and look for jobs and realize their value and find other work that will pay them what they are worth. 

and this is standard. Kind if because like you said shaaarpp. Companies should not be forced to pay a huge minimum. But a lot will pay the minimum they can as long as they can and most line level employees dont fight that. 

Edited by aupoker1

Vast majority of people working for minimum wage aren't using that job to raise a family.  Most are teens and part time 2nd job or short term entry.

The outrage is manufactured by virtue signalers and politicians 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, niptuck said:

Vast majority of people working for minimum wage aren't using that job to raise a family.  Most are teens and part time 2nd job or short term entry.

The outrage is manufactured by virtue signalers and politicians 

Exactly why I've maintained that there should be 2 minimum wages. One for the pimply faced kid who needs job experience and another, higher wage for mature adults who don't have the education or language skills to move up but still have adult sized bills. I see it all the time where the latter group get's the job because the employer doesn't want to train kids that just want to fuck off on their phone all day. These people tend to stay put because they need to paycheck so bad they can't afford to look for better jobs. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, raisethis2 said:

Exactly why I've maintained that there should be 2 minimum wages. One for the pimply faced kid who needs job experience and another, higher wage for mature adults who don't have the education or language skills to move up but still have adult sized bills. I see it all the time where the latter group get's the job because the employer doesn't want to train kids that just want to fuck off on their phone all day. These people tend to stay put because they need to paycheck so bad they can't afford to look for better jobs. 

Yes, and diiffrent wages for Black's and Whites right?  Men and Women? Teens and Adults?   Diffrent classes have diffrent wage rules in your etopia?  Let's never treat every person the same?

Edited by wantagolf
8 hours ago, wantagolf said:

Yes, and diiffrent wages for Black's and Whites right?  Men and Women? Teens and Adults?   Diffrent classes have diffrent wage rules in your etopia?  Let's never treat every person the same?

Having two beginning wages doesn't have to mean discrimination in any way. The guy in the corner office makes a thousand times what the janitor makes but nobody jumps to that conclusion in that example. The qualifier is life experience, life experience should have more value. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, raisethis2 said:

Having two beginning wages doesn't have to mean discrimination in any way. The guy in the corner office makes a thousand times what the janitor makes but nobody jumps to that conclusion in that example. The qualifier is life experience, life experience should have more value. 

Assuming min wage type work is low skill position (I can't think of a medium or high skill min wage position)....

As an owner of 2 companies, if minimum wage for 25 yo is say $5/hr more than a 16 y.o., I'm not hiring that guy who's 25.  Sucks for him but thems Rt2s rules.  See how that backfires and actually hurts the 25yo guy looking for an entry level position?  If he/she/theym....excel in 90 days they move up in responsibilities and pay.

*Fwiw the lowest paid of my/our 100+ employees is about 20 bucks an hour, 401k, I pay 80% health cost.  I provide a lot of opportunities to people without experience.  We also have a nice internship program ($12/hr part time, good resume builder).

Edited by niptuck
Excel not excellent
  • Like 2

I give niptuck a lot of shit about most everything but hes always sounded like a good dude to work for.

The minimum wage argument is absolutely worth having, not sure I've said anything about it specifically.   I'm just laughing at people for caring about a business failing because it can't compete with unemployment.   If your employees would be financially better off getting laid off, your business has already failed.  

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, raisethis2 said:

You're going to dictate min wage based on education or language skills?   What could go wrong?    Just to be clear, we're increasing min wages for people with less skills so they have to be paid more than their counterparts who have less to learn?  Sounds competitive

If you see that the latter group already does get the job and higher pay because they are more reliable, they why do we need a higher minimum wage to affect what already naturally happens?

I personally think your solution would actually make the situation much worse.  It would create a substantial rung of largely unwanted workers.  People with minimum skills at a rate unfairly inflated by the government.   Are you going to force employers to limit their hirings of skilled, capable and willing young employees?    This sort of action is more likely to hurt people because a. they will be outhired by cheaper but just as skiled people b. they would probably lose hours because who the heck would allow these people to work if they can get someone just as good to come in?

Sure, I might like a special older higher paid person to be in charge of a couple things but there is 0 chance anyone is intentionally looking to hire a workforce of min wageish people near the bottom at an inflated rate.  Haven't you ever been to Chik Fila or In N Out?  They got a bunch of kids working and crush it.  They are also willingly choose to pay much more than competitors because of how they demand their business runs.  If you don't like McD workers needing other jobs then stop shopping there.

Edited by Shaaarrrp