advertisement_alt
raisethis2

*** The Official Joe Biden Saves America Year #1 Thread***

2 hours ago, Tennis Bum said:

I'm just skeptical. 150 yards? With today's tech? Ya... right.

What Tech. This is a .50 cal on a ship. That's all the tech you get. 

5 hours ago, Shaaarrrp said:

Even though I agree with much of this, I think the last statement is off.  I believe that plenty of individuals draw off unemployment after a layoff and then successfully find a job to where they no longer need or are eligible for unemployment.  Look at people like Jaybone.  Living off unemployment forever has to be an awful life unless you have another substantial income source and are essentially committing fraud.

I work with a bunch of people who had the opportunity to come back to work last year and didn’t.   I knew I was going back if they called.   And honestly it could not have worked out better for us dealers who did go back.  Our average pay( toke rate ) has jumped on average 8-10 bucks an hour since we returned.  And we all have insurance. Now they can rehire the dealers back but without benefits and less pay cause it’s been a year.  So those guys were thinking oh I’ll collect for a year and just slide right back in to my job.  Uhh nope FGT !  

$600 stimulus checks coming to Californians that would rather sit on their ass and collect from the federal government than being a contributing member of society. Everything is open.  There’s no reason for this other than Newsom trying to get a vote form the peasants that should go work for their own money. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 11:11 PM, acp said:

@Aaron_Hacker  @aupoker1

Some context for your civil debate.

“The $300 weekly unemployment supplement provided as part of the March-passed American Rescue Plan pays some 42 percent of workers more than what they made at their old jobs, according to a University of Chicago analysis.”

https://reason.com/2021/05/07/disappointing-job-growth-worker-shortage-have-people-pointing-the-finger-at-generous-unemployment-benefits/

cc @URI_Stunna

ive been looking for a job for a bit. figure since nobody wants to work i could get in early. i only get 465 a week cause i got screwed from working hardly ever last 18 months. i was making 25 n hr id rather work and find that. i wasjoking about not working but i make like 300 $ less a week now so i'll qualify for it as long as it is there

just trying to figure out what the hell i want to do 

somebody wants to give me full h ins paid for too?

Edited by URI_Stunna

Biden’s vegetable brain trying to explain why millions of workers being paid more to not work than they make while working isn’t the reason for the millions of worker shortages in the workforce yesterday was fucking hilarious.  

These people are so far out in front of their skis.  Make it up as they go along doesn’t even begin to describe this clown show.  

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TheSilentBob said:

I didn't watch it, wasn't aware it was happening, and apparently learned just as much as you did. At least one of us didn't waste our time.

Wastes time with this awesome post. 

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

Biden’s vegetable brain trying to explain why millions of workers being paid more to not work than they make while working isn’t the reason for the millions of worker shortages in the workforce yesterday was fucking hilarious.  

These people are so far out in front of their skis.  Make it up as they go along doesn’t even begin to describe this clown show.  

He met with joe manchin. Manchin came out of that praising biden. Hes all that matters. Your deplorable senate leader made that quite clear last week. 

Edited by aupoker1
Posted (edited)

If you guys are on the Colonial Pipeline, you better go get gas now.  You might not have any here soon, for a couple days, a week, until they get it back up.

The 5,500 mile pipeline delivers roughly 45% of the fuels used on the East Coast.

The FBI says a group of Russian cyber criminals who call themselves DarkSide is behind the disruption.  Them bitches done hacked it.

184340657_4037958289624636_2049132590555

Edited by wantagolf
37 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

He met with joe manchin. Manchin came out of that praising biden. Hes all that matters. Your deplorable senate leader made that quite clear last week. 

No idea why you would quote my post with this post, but, cool story bro?

20 minutes ago, wantagolf said:

If you guys are on the Colonial Pipeline, you better go get gas now.  You might not have any here soon, for a couple days, a week, until they get it back up.

The 5,500 mile pipeline delivers roughly 45% of the fuels used on the East Coast.

The FBI says a group of Russian cyber criminals who call themselves DarkSide is behind the disruption.  Them bitches done hacked it.

184340657_4037958289624636_2049132590555

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

EC4B8FE6-3E72-4B57-8510-44D13F2A08FF.jpeg.d7ccaa8cdfc6cb5052b7623dcf9ee05d.jpeg

On 5/5/2021 at 12:41 PM, wantagolf said:

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Employers across San Diego County are offering bonuses of as much as $1,000 to get workers back on the job, despite unemployment above 7 percent.

At Civico restaurants in downtown and Little Italy, owner Dario Gallo raised pay for back-of-the-house jobs by $3 to $4 per hour and is offering $250 dollar bonuses to those who stay at least six months. Still, he's getting only one or two applications a week.

I'm getting 10-12 applications a week. The problem is, I'm getting 0% response rate when I reach out for a followup/in person interview.

I believe people are applying just to show unemployment that they are attempting to apply somewhere, and don't have any plan to follow through with the application or employment.

I could hire 10 more people today if they just responded to a phone call.

We have been hiring 12-15 new employees a month.  We have 30-40 applicants.  But we pay pretty good and its a career move for most these new hires.  Most, not all, cause they find out they cant handle the job.  hahah  

On 5/8/2021 at 2:32 AM, aupoker1 said:

i know youd prefer everyone go back to their 9$ an hour jobs. Too bad. They get to continue to make that awesome 700$ a week for a few more months. Nobody should care. At all. 

Now we move on to a 51 vote infrastructure bill. Then as many more 51 vote legislation he can muster thanks to turtle. 

This is literally just the next thing

nobody is screaming about the border anymore because its being fixed. 

next week they will move on to another thing they can yell about and continue to see nobody cares

We've missed over $700k in shipments YTD due to our staffing levels.

Luckily we have multi-year purchase orders. Some other companies are not so lucky, and will lose business over it.

38 minutes ago, STOPPER19 said:

We've missed over $700k in shipments YTD due to our staffing levels.

Luckily we have multi-year purchase orders. Some other companies are not so lucky, and will lose business over it.

This sucks. 

Are they all staying home cause unemployment?  Do you know this for a fact?

becAuse like i said earlier and i have seen this happen with a lot if people from management on down. They have been forced to look for other work. Realized their value and moved on from the underpaid work they have been doing. 

9 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

This sucks. 

Are they all staying home cause unemployment?  Do you know this for a fact?

becAuse like i said earlier and i have seen this happen with a lot if people from management on down. They have been forced to look for other work. Realized their value and moved on from the underpaid work they have been doing.

As in, we are busier than we ever have been, and have not closed once during the pandemic. I need to hire 10 people to account for the increase in sales over the course of the past year. While I get 10-12 applications per week, on average about 1 of those 10 are actually answering their phone. And 4 out of the last 5 people that have actually answered their phone, and made it through the in person interview, have not shown up for their physical and ghosted.

So do I know that it's unemployment, for a fact? No, but I do have a pretty large business network and it's not an isolated issue to my company. Everyone in manufacturing and everyone in service businesses are hurting for people in the Delaware Valley and NJ's unemployment rate is still 7.7%

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, STOPPER19 said:

I'm getting 10-12 applications a week. The problem is, I'm getting 0% response rate when I reach out for a followup/in person interview.

I believe people are applying just to show unemployment that they are attempting to apply somewhere, and don't have any plan to follow through with the application or employment.

I could hire 10 more people today if they just responded to a phone call.

This is impossible because aupoker pulled an opinion out of his ass

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, STOPPER19 said:

As in, we are busier than we ever have been, and have not closed once during the pandemic. I need to hire 10 people to account for the increase in sales over the course of the past year. While I get 10-12 applications per week, on average about 1 of those 10 are actually answering their phone. And 4 out of the last 5 people that have actually answered their phone, and made it through the in person interview, have not shown up for their physical and ghosted.

So do I know that it's unemployment, for a fact? No, but I do have a pretty large business network and it's not an isolated issue to my company. Everyone in manufacturing and everyone in service businesses are hurting for people in the Delaware Valley and NJ's unemployment rate is still 7.7%

Impossible.  The chamber of commerce backs you up completely, but did you not already see aupoker’s opinion made out of thin air?

Posted (edited)

President Vegetable said yesterday that the worker shortage has absolutely nothing to do with enhanced unemployment benefits, but then promised to change policy on unemployed people potentially losing enhanced unemployment benefits if they are offered a job that they then refuse to accept (completely unenforceable).... but advanced unemployment benefits DEFINITELY have nothing to do with the worker shortage!

LOL.  Fucking clown shoes 

Edited by Aaron_Hacker
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

This is impossible because aupoker pulled an opinion out of his ass

Lol. 

wait. Expert economy guy. Is joe still gonna be using 1 bad jobs report to cry for more stimulus? 

i still say big deal. This in the end will not matter. It MIGHT be a rough few more months for some. Id be interested to see if stopper still having issues next month. 

i have forgotten more about how small businesses work than you and your intelligence/economy expert ass ever knew. 

Also

busier than ever stopper said. People haven't been working. 

businesses in general are going to have trouble catching up to the huge demand that is coming even when and if people come back. 

Continuing with anecdotes... I’ve noticed a huge spike on Nextdoor in people not affiliated with businesses asking to do basic services like mow lawns, childcare, house cleaning, etc.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, aupoker1 said:

Also

busier than ever stopper said. People haven't been working. 

businesses in general are going to have trouble catching up to the huge demand that is coming even when and if people come back. 

2020 was the busiest year that my company has had on record. Didn't lay off a single worker even though the airline industry basically fell off a cliff. We rode the coattails of the gun sales boom. Was able to hire 4-5 people in 2020 that are still with us.

2021 has gotten busier because gun sales are still booming and now the airline industry is coming back. Also, one of our big customers that went non-existent in 2020 is back and appears to want all of their product that we would have made in 2020 within 2 weeks lead time.

All of the good fortune that I had last year in finding and hiring people looking for jobs has been the complete opposite in 2021, when we need it the most. I have only hired 2 people in 2021 and I've received over 60 applications. Might have only spoke personally with 10 out of those 60 - the people literally just don't answer their phones or emails.

From my very anecdotal experience, we are having trouble catching up strictly because of the labor capacity available to our company. The huge demand that you see coming has been there since December.

Edited by STOPPER19
22 minutes ago, STOPPER19 said:

2020 was the busiest year that my company has had on record. Didn't lay off a single worker even though the airline industry basically fell off a cliff. We rode the coattails of the gun sales boom. Was able to hire 4-5 people in 2020 that are still with us.

2021 has gotten busier because gun sales are still booming and now the airline industry is coming back. Also, one of our big customers that went non-existent in 2020 is back and appears to want all of their product that we would have made in 2020 within 2 weeks lead time.

All of the good fortune that I had last year in finding and hiring people looking for jobs has been the complete opposite in 2021, when we need it the most. I have only hired 2 people in 2021 and I've received over 60 applications. Might have only spoke personally with 10 out of those 60 - the people literally just don't answer their phones or emails.

From my very anecdotal experience, we are having trouble catching up strictly because of the labor capacity available to our company. The huge demand that you see coming has been there since December.

There is already a huge demand in the hotel business coming and its been known for a bit. There is no way hotels are going to be able to afford to keep up labor wise(ive been doing payroll for the last 7 years) in the beginning. I saw it already in vegas beyond just my work. 

despite what hacker says im not saying this is not an issue. I am saying its not going to cause another stimulus nor is it going to shut down businesses. And IF we get more awful jobs reports id bet come september it wont be which imo is  when a lot of business will be able to afford the labor to keep the with the demand. Most businesses obv didnt flourish like yours this last year. 

so its not the end of the world.