advertisement_alt
MIKEBAD

Gto is overrated

I don't think GTO is over rated. I do think that GTO is misunderstood. A lot of players that I have talked to who support GTO think that GTO means that you are playing a perfect strategy and can't be beat, but this is not the full picture of GTO. When studying GTO you must understand that you can and will lose some of the time. GTO also works hand in hand with exploitative play and it is not possible for anyone to play perfect GTO. 

IMHO the application of GTO may be overrated.

Best strategy would be understanding the GTO play in a certain spot, extrapolating it to similar spots through studying then knowing when and how far to deviate from the GTO action at the table vs players who think GTO is GTA misspelled.

The weaker the players the more you can deviate from GTO to exploitative plays.

But looking at poker through the lens of mathematics can never be overrated.

16 hours ago, PokE_RocK said:

Best strategy would be understanding the GTO play in a certain spot, extrapolating it to similar spots through studying then knowing when and how far to deviate from the GTO action at the table vs players who think GTO is GTA misspelled.

hahaha... so funny! Btw, In GTA  i also try to find the right balance between GTO and  exploitative play

On 3/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, PokE_RocK said:

That is the thing, in a sense, exploitative play can be GTO. If an exploitative lay is the best option to take then it would technically be the best Game Theory Option to make.

Its always a nice topic to think about,GTO or exploitative. Ain't it both or else you contradict yourself,strange as it may sound. To make it even stranger,sometimes when i think about it long enough, i think its both the same.