advertisement_alt

NBA Top Shot - Digital Highlights Marketplace

B_O_K_E    562

Surprised we dont have a thread yet on NTS. Basically a combo of crypto/NBA/and sports cards. 

Anyone fully invested? What moments are you holding? Etc. Cmoney, an old school poster has himself a nice collection and has killed it so far. Maybe he will see this and swing through to discuss. 

Its so hard to get packs right now with the exception of drops. Im not invested at all yet, trying to learn and trying to get in before its too late. Cant wait for this to expand to other sports as well. Very intriguing.

truesyalose    1,008

There is something about the dfs guys pushing it so hard that turns me off. 

I will admit that when I saw the “Cool Cats” insert are all Kentucky guys it made me want to dip my toes in.

B_O_K_E    562

1 hour ago, truesyalose said:

There is something about the dfs guys pushing it so hard that turns me off. 

I will admit that when I saw the “Cool Cats” insert are all Kentucky guys it made me want to dip my toes in.

I depod some money recently in case I score a pack on a drop, but thats as far as I am. A bit skeptical, but also intrigued. If the other major sports jump in I think this shit might go crazy. Ill be in the long term holding department more than the manipulating the market department.

truesyalose    1,008

36 minutes ago, B_O_K_E said:

I depod some money recently in case I score a pack on a drop, but thats as far as I am. A bit skeptical, but also intrigued. If the other major sports jump in I think this shit might go crazy. Ill be in the long term holding department more than the manipulating the market department.

yes the only reasons I think it will pop off are 1. this is the beginning so if it does blow up the first series should be worth something and 2. other sports aren't into it yet and there isn't any reason they wouldn't be eventually.  The site and cashout issues worry me though.

I did try to create an account this morning after seeing some peon make 5 figures off a trade but the site is messed up (shocking!) and won't allow it.

Can you answer this for me: Does each player have one card per series.   I think the "layup" or "dunk" or whatever confuses me.  It made me originally think each player had one in each category but now I'm leaning toward each player has one card per series plus the special cards?  I don't really care to look into it too much but I will be trying to getting in line for a pack and hoping to bink if they ever let me create an account.

Xmas32    73

I remember reading about them when Bales and some other DFS guys dropped $35k on a Ja Morant moment.  It feels super duper pump and dumpy and the way all the DFS guys are shilling for it makes me uneasy.  Has anyone actually been able to cash out yet?  Can't deny that some folks are making heaps.

• Like 1

B_O_K_E    562

21 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

yes the only reasons I think it will pop off are 1. this is the beginning so if it does blow up the first series should be worth something and 2. other sports aren't into it yet and there isn't any reason they wouldn't be eventually.  The site and cashout issues worry me though.

I did try to create an account this morning after seeing some peon make 5 figures off a trade but the site is messed up (shocking!) and won't allow it.

Can you answer this for me: Does each player have one card per series.   I think the "layup" or "dunk" or whatever confuses me.  It made me originally think each player had one in each category but now I'm leaning toward each player has one card per series plus the special cards?  I don't really care to look into it too much but I will be trying to getting in line for a pack and hoping to bink if they ever let me create an account.

High traffic has been slowing the site down. Should be ok now. They had a drop last night and the traffic was dumb.

Not exactly sure yet, but I think each player has one card per series plus the special. The serial numbers on the moments are critical.  Draymond has an assist and a block card. Going to be tough to find a highlight of him dunking or making a 3 lol. His moments should be the times where he has lapses of judgement. 

*The pack drops are important because its basically free money. Havent heard much about cashing out and how hard it is.

Edited by B_O_K_E

JKoblyn    952

My brother in law is in on this pretty heavy, and is doing really well. I feel like i got to the party way too late, so I’m just trying to get packs, but haven’t done better than 34,000th in line. 

Here’s a few things he’s sent me recently regarding how big this can get:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/02/20/nba-top-shot-collectibles-continues-meteoric-rise-with-over-50-million-in-sales-in-a-week/

UFC is going to start doing this soon. Can sign up now and get notified when it starts.  

B_O_K_E    562

2 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

what's the best way to get alerted when packs drop and how do I get them. I'm all in.

I would join the NBA TopShot “Discord” and on the NTS website you can sign up to be alerted of pack drops via email. 

Im as new as you are, this is what ive done so far.

Last night they dropped 5000 packs. Its basically a lottery. Cmoney managed to bink #450ish in line but most of my other friends were way deep 50000, 45000, etc. No chance.

Edited by B_O_K_E

truesyalose    1,008

1 minute ago, B_O_K_E said:

I would join the NBA TopShot “Discord” and on the NTS website you can sign up to be alerted of pack drops via email. 

Im as new as you are, this is what ive done so far.

thanks. I set up alerts on my computer but need it by text too I think.  Just gonna try to get lucky opening a pack I guess. not sure I want to start investing in players who I think will blow up. I just don't get why someone would pay 2500 for a Josh Hart card even if it was the only one in the world.

skillivey    47

Just signed up!

couple questions

1. Currently they all look sold out?

2. how do you get free packs?

3. say you do buy a pack how do you flip it or make money with it 

can I sell it on offer up or eBay ? 

B_O_K_E    562

Yea a lot of prices right now are complete head scratchers. Its like there isnt a worthless card out there at the moment. If you get lucky and get a pack, you spend $9 and the every card is worth at least $20ish. Its dumb.

• Like 1

truesyalose    1,008

not sure if u can flip unopened packs but all the buying and selling is on the site (which has problems with cashouts I believe).

I think packs are cheap but you have to wait in a queue to get them.. and get alerts for when the packs come out so you can get a spot in line.  

• Like 1

B_O_K_E    562

Just now, skillivey said:

Just signed up!

couple questions

1. Currently they all look sold out?

2. how do you get free packs?

3. say you do buy a pack how do you flip it or make money with it 

can I sell it on offer up or eBay ? 

1. yea you cant get packs right now

2. wait for a drop, get in line and hope to draw a number under 5000, than youll get to buy a pack for $9.

3. They have their own marketplace and discord channel

• Thanks 1

skillivey    47

13 minutes ago, B_O_K_E said:

1. yea you cant get packs right now

2. wait for a drop, get in line and hope to draw a number under 5000, than youll get to buy a pack for $9.

3. They have their own marketplace and discord channel

Awesome!

say you get lucky and get alert in time how do you get “in line to draw a number”

have you tried prior any luck ? 

JKoblyn    952

you just go to the website, click on the pack on the front page that is about to be dropped, and then click some button that puts you in the running. once it drops, you get a randomized place in line, but it's 5000 packs and 70000 people trying to score one, so it's more miss than hit

B_O_K_E    562

5 minutes ago, skillivey said:

Awesome!

say you get lucky and get alert in time how do you get “in line to draw a number”

have you tried prior any luck ? 

2 minutes ago, JKoblyn said:

you just go to the website, click on the pack on the front page that is about to be dropped, and then click some button that puts you in the running. once it drops, you get a randomized place in line, but it's 5000 packs and 70000 people trying to score one, so it's more miss than hit

Yea I would also depo $20 or whatever onto Dapper in case you get lucky and drew a good number where you will get a pack. I think you only get 5 mins when its your turn (if you draw a reasonable number) so having a few dollars ready seems like a smart idea. The last packs were $9 and limited to 1 per person. I believe they drop more expensive packs and series as well.

B_O_K_E    562

For newbs this is what I did:

-Signed up on NBATopShots

-Deposited $50 on dapper with a CC

-Signed up and downloaded the NBA TopShot Discord chat

-Followed NBA TopShot on Twitter

-Signed up for email alert for pack drops on NBATopShots

-Took some time to look around in the market

-Took some time to look around on evaluate.market (You can look at some collections, for example Spenser Dinwiddies account/collection is SD26 (Not impressive), friend of mine is WaySheGoes (Impressive)

Think thats it.

• Like 1

B_O_K_E    562

Hey y'all on the topic of withdrawing your Dapper Balance: Up until a month ago, we only had one person, our head of payments, reviewing cases for withdrawing your money. We’d envisioned Top Shot to be as successful as it is today at some point, but didn’t expect it to happen so soon. Note that we haven’t been marketing recently to catch up on site stability issues and support tickets. What you see around lately is organic growth and not us actively pushing. Players in the NBA think it’s dope they can collect their own highlights and from their friends/teammates in the league and have been reaching out. We love having them experience that journey. We’ve added thousands of collectors each week to have withdrawals enabled, with an additional 1500 just yesterday. Our team that can review these cases has been expanding and have been catching up to the volume of new collectors. A vast majority of our collectors just joined recently we still need to have their accounts reviewed by our fraud and compliance teams to ensure a fair and compliant trading platform for all. As a financially regulated entity, we need to review each account to maintain the payment services that we have on the blockchain and we truly appreciate you understanding this. We’ll only continue making advancements on that front :Thanks:

B_O_K_E    562

Well thats tough to read ^

In short, cashouts have been tough with the amount of traffic and the limited number of workers they have to review and process the cashouts.

TMLMS13    131

I don't get the point of it. You're buying a picture that only you can look at? Can't you just buy a Getty Images License?

Does this mean that clip will never be allowed on TV or the internet again?

B_O_K_E    562

6 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

I don't get the point of it. You're buying a picture that only you can look at? Can't you just buy a Getty Images License?

Does this mean that clip will never be allowed on TV or the internet again?

You are thinking into it too much. Think of it more like a digital/sports card thats licensed by the NBA. Sure you can find it on the web or buy a getty image, it just wont have any value.