Sign in to follow this  

Post flop in a tough spot with KK out of position

Question

kzoovet85    0

Playing .15/.30 cent $45 effective. In the cutoff with KK and i raise to .99 cent pre. Small blind calls. Big blind 3 bets to $2.88 and UTG cold calls. Back to me I 4 bet to $7.99.  Small blind big blind and UTG all call. Flop comes 2h 4s 4h. Small blind donk bets $4.55 bb calls. I call. button shoves all in for $5.55. We all can only call. Turn comes 7s. Two flush draws on board now and a pair of 44s. This time small blind checks. big blind checks and UTG leads for $6.88. This is where i got unsure of my equity. I have $38 back so this is where i would like constructive criticism. What played out was i raised ( not enough) but to $16.99 and small and bb call. The river came 3h. completing the front door flush. SB checks and BB bets $16.55. I fold and so did SB. He had 6h 7h. to take down a massive pot for the stakes played. Any advice is helpful. Taking this pretty serious this time around trying to study and practice as much as i can. Thank you for those who took the time to read this and on an off note. Im expecting my soon to be new born son any day now!  Thats all

3 answers to this question

vandenboss    4

When you want to discus a hand,just copy and paste the whole hand,if you can,its really easy to read for anyone that can give advice.  You forgot to mention a few things,at first,like UTG had limped pre. And that the button had called pre because he suddenly pops up on the flop.There is no such thing as an info overload,just take it step by step when you want to describe the hand yourself. And dont be afraid to mention your thought process and any stats, when available,aswel as the stack sizes,rather then just the eff stack size.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 So in short,the hand got out off hand! And its because you raised too little pre and then didnt shove the flop. Pot was 5 handed and pre already huge. So how is our new Stu Ungar?                                                                                                                                         

On 2/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, kzoovet85 said:

Playing .15/.30 cent $45 effective. In the cutoff with KK and i raise to .99 cent pre. Small blind calls. Big blind 3 bets to $2.88 and UTG cold calls. Back to me I 4 bet to $7.99.  Small blind big blind and UTG all call. Flop comes 2h 4s 4h. Small blind donk bets $4.55 bb calls. I call. button shoves all in for $5.55. We all can only call. Turn comes 7s. Two flush draws on board now and a pair of 44s. This time small blind checks. big blind checks and UTG leads for $6.88. This is where i got unsure of my equity. I have $38 back so this is where i would like constructive criticism. What played out was i raised ( not enough) but to $16.99 and small and bb call. The river came 3h. completing the front door flush. SB checks and BB bets $16.55. I fold and so did SB. He had 6h 7h. to take down a massive pot for the stakes played. Any advice is helpful. Taking this pretty serious this time around trying to study and practice as much as i can. Thank you for those who took the time to read this and on an off note. Im expecting my soon to be new born son any day now!  Thats all

once you got reraised pre my four bet would've been to shove all in and isolate way too many callers pre

tripseekerx    3

On 2/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, kzoovet85 said:

Well, player history would matter...What you think there perception of you might be would be a deciding factor as well id think..Personally, ive been giving up one pair quicker lately and i like the results!...I would wait to be a A4 guy here, feel good about tossin all the chips in..My exp is, one pair sux..make bigger hands