advertisement_alt

Derek Chauvin Trial

Syphom    227

Posted (edited)

Facts are what he did is standard procedure by state law. And the man had enough fentynal in him to kill 30 Ozzie's.  He swallowed his stash

For the sake of everyone, he needs to be punished. But let's be real, this George Floyd saga is complete bull shit

Edited by Syphom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

acp    726

49 minutes ago, Syphom said:

Facts are what he did is standard procedure by state law. 

Is this true? How can he be convicted then?

JKoblyn    952

Not weighing in on guilt or innocence because I have not looked at any specifics to know what is standard, how much of a threat he presented or what was in his system, but this is one of those times where you just bite the bullet and convict even if you can prove Chauvin didn’t get out of line. 

• Like 2

JB    1,227

Idk how they managed to find 12 people who didnt already make up their minds about this incident 

• Like 1

JKoblyn    952

this is why we need to select potential jurors for future high profile trials and cryogenically freeze them until the trial is ready to start. 

• Like 2

aupoker1    990

1 hour ago, Syphom said:

Facts are what he did is standard procedure by state law. And the man had enough fentynal in him to kill 30 Ozzie's.  He swallowed his stash

For the sake of everyone, he needs to be punished. But let's be real, this George Floyd saga is complete bull shit

Maybe you are right. 9 minutes knee on neck should not be standard procedure ever tho. 

• Like 1

Syphom    227

29 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

I'm shocked that the magatards of this board all defend the cop and want him to get off, weird!

Did you not read my post you fucking down syndrome having retard. Do you even know the facts. And no, I don't want him to go free. I want him guilty. But the truth is the truth. No matter what your bleeding heart liberal ass thinks

• Haha 1

acp    726

From an emotional perspective, I definitely want Chauvin to be held accountable for excessive force that led to death. And whatever the charge is proportionate to the crime, I’m good with.

From a legal perspective, I’m very curious how this plays out and that’s the lens I’ll be looking at the case through.

• Like 2

Syphom    227

1 minute ago, acp said:

From an emotional perspective, I definitely want Chauvin to be held accountable for excessive force that led to death. And whatever the charge is proportionate to the crime, I’m good with.

From a legal perspective, I’m very curious how this plays out and that’s the lens I’ll be looking at the case through.

We're on the same page. The fucking cop was an idiot using way too excessive force. He's liable. Let's not torch the country cause of technicalities. It's like the oj thing but against him

• Like 1

ThunderKid2000    102

7 minutes ago, Syphom said:

Did you not read my post you fucking down syndrome having retard. Do you even know the facts. And no, I don't want him to go free. I want him guilty. But the truth is the truth. No matter what your bleeding heart liberal ass thinks

12C52D8D-E485-40F4-8F01-C07654BF99FF.jpeg

DeltaDan    37

And Floyds family has been paid a Huge sum of monies already - $27 Mil ... I am scratching my head on this when they have not proved who killed him and if the law is guilty ... But I guess that's a different program.  

aupoker1    990

14 minutes ago, DeltaDan said:

Makes no difference to myself ...... The Blacks will Burn that City to the ground - No matter what the verdict is.

Huh?

you think the city will burn with a murder verdict?

my2chis    44

2 hours ago, JKoblyn said:

Not weighing in on guilt or innocence because I have not looked at any specifics to know what is standard, how much of a threat he presented or what was in his system, but this is one of those times where you just bite the bullet and convict even if you can prove Chauvin didn’t get out of line. 

Imagine this was your life you were saying this about? 

aupoker1    990

Just now, time4badbeat said:

Yep, it'll be because the sentence isn't long enough or some other bs

That will be interesting. I heard floyds familys lawyers saying today that third or second degree murder are both fine as they both carry the same minimum whatever that is . Only manslaughter wasnt good ebough for them. 

JB    1,227

8 minutes ago, time4badbeat said:

They didn't. Probably the most tainted jury pool in history.

Details on each juror

https://m.startribune.com/who-are-the-jurors-in-the-derek-chauvin-trial-for-the-killing-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis/600037651/

The defense also has to approve of the jurors. Reading through that seems to be a normal group of people, but who can tell who these people really are? 

They obv cant have anyone on either side of the extremes. Not sure what type of juror pool you would expect in this scenerio. 

JB    1,227

25 minutes ago, Aaron_Hacker said:

Obviously excessive force.  Obviously resisting arrest.  Yawn

Wasnt he already in handcuffs?