advertisement_alt
wantagolf

MLB 2021 Season

On 5/24/2021 at 5:19 PM, JKoblyn said:

he starts every sentence with "myyaaaaaaap"

as bad as he is, he's more than a few steps away from Hawk Harrelson

nobody is worse thaN joe castigloine as far as baseball goes. probably almost drove my car to the newport bridge instead of where ever i was going listening to game winning home runs that didn't even reach the fucking warning track

3 hours ago, URI_Stunna said:

nobody is worse thaN joe castigloine as far as baseball goes. probably almost drove my car to the newport bridge instead of where ever i was going listening to game winning home runs that didn't even reach the fucking warning track

SWING AND A DRIVE! WAY BACk, WAY BACK, IT’S....

caught by the right fielder in front of the warning track, and the Sox lose a heartbreaker 3-2

First 177 career games:

Tatis Jr.                      Trout
.301           Avg          .306
.976          OPS         .910
52               HR           35
128             RBI          99

E2feI2xWEAAJlWe?format=jpg&name=small

On 5/29/2021 at 2:35 AM, wantagolf said:

First 177 career games:

Tatis Jr.                      Trout
.301           Avg          .306
.976          OPS         .910
52               HR           35
128             RBI          99

Not sure what the point is of making this comparison.  Trout came up to lead off and steal bases - but you didn't include SB or SB%, and Trout being brought up to lead off and steal bases makes the RBI stat pointless to compare.  Trout also started his career year younger than Tatis did.  

Even tho they started their career in different roles, you can compare their offensive advanced stats - namely Win Probability Added.  Trout's is better.  You can also compare offensive WAR. Trout's is better.  You can also compare Wins Above Average - Trout's is better.

But again, they came up to play completely different roles in their team's lineups.  Trout just happened to perform in his role better than Tatis did.  

And amazingly, he'd be 3rd on the Reds in batting average

Devers is no surprise, but I can't believe Austin Meadows has 48 RBI.  I know he's a good power hitter, but wow.  

Vlad is also pretty close to the lead in runs scored.  he's just having a monster season at the plate - nothing else to say about it

Posted (edited)

Image how many more RBI he'd have if George Springer played more than 2 games this season. 

And also leads TB, OBP, OPS, and SLG

Edited by TMLMS13

Red Sox probably pretty happy to see Vladdy leave town..... 4 game series....9/15, 3 BB, 1 2B, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 1 SB....And hit 1 HR in each game, didn't pile them up in one game.

Scary part, Jays have 13 games against the Orioles & Mariners in the next  3 weeks

Edited by TMLMS13

Vlad is great but he also has a ton of help in that lineup.  They are just loaded offensively. Its ridiculous having a middle infield that hits like theirs does.  It gotta be damn near unprecedented 

Angels with 20+ HR and 10+ SB through 70 games played in a season:

Mike Trout 2017
Mike Trout 2018
Shohei Ohtani 2021

Angels with 70+ K, sub-.185 BAA through 10 games pitched in a season:

Nolan Ryan 1975
Nolan Ryan 1978
Shohei Ohtani 2021

There needs to be some kind of penalty if Managers tell umpires to check mid-inning and they find nothing.

Like the delay of game penalty for wrong goaltender interference challenges in hockey.

If you're wrong you should lose your mgr challenge.  

lmfao at how the Blue Jays have the flat out reincarnation of Joba Chamberlain.  It's eerie, like they cloned Joba.

I'd short the fuck out of the Manoah stock

Never watched baseball til this year. Looks like i picked a good 1 to start. Ohtani, Vlad, and Tatis are amazing 

Tatis with 3 homers last night. Unbelievable. 

Edited by Sharonavich
6 minutes ago, TMLMS13 said:

I get the team up just fine, but why wouldn't it be 3 from each team?

I mean you cant vote for people who arent voteable?  Cant just write them in?

E454GL0XoAg5Q9o?format=jpg&name=large

E454GL0WEAYUZwq?format=jpg&name=large