wantagolf

MLB 2021 Season

on the reverse side of that argument, it's way easier for a righty hitter to hit a righty pitcher than it is for a lefty hitter to hit a lefty pitcher, so having a few R hitters in a row who are good enough to be hitting at the top of the order isn't that big a negative.  Conversely, For guys like Devers it doesn't matter as much, but lefties like schwarber who have holes in their swing get ragdolled by L pitchers.  plus with a R hitter you add a hitter who isn't facing the wrong way in green monster games.

He also makes a strange #2 hitter in the first place but i have no idea what their intentions are in that regard so for all i know they're gonna try that experiment.  I wouldn't.

going L/R all the way down could be more beneficial in the playoffs however when mgrs tend to want to really play matchup with their pitchers on a batter to batter basis earlier and earlier in the game.   the Boston lineup the way you have it could really fuck up an opposing mgr's plans for that.

Edited by kellykip
On 7/31/2021 at 11:24 AM, slizza420 said:

Cubzz had a full on 🔥 sale they literally traded away their whole roster. 

Baez, Rizzo, Bryant, Kimbrel

o well they can’t take away what we were! 2016 Champs 4-ever

And then faced the Nats who did the same thing.  it's like a mixed minor/mlb game tonight with the Cubs starter and Soto for the Nats being the designated MLB guys for each team lol

On 7/31/2021 at 11:24 AM, slizza420 said:

Cubzz had a full on 🔥 sale they literally traded away their whole roster. 

Baez, Rizzo, Bryant, Kimbrel

o well they can’t take away what we were! 2016 Champs 4-ever

worst thing that ever happened to baseball

ur a cubs fan? 

lol@ how much the spin rates have gone down since the crackdown on Spider Tack etc.   And the walk rate has increased from crackdown date of June 15 to now - it increased from 6/15 to 7/31 for the first time in DECADES.  Its obvious to see now why the pitchers threw such tantrums about those mound checks.  

James Kaprielian on Oakland has lost 325 rpm. lmfao

Other massive losses since upcoming crackdown announcement of 6/3 are Garrett Richards, Trevor Bauer (when he was pitching), Walker Buehler, Gerrit Cole, Dylan Cease, James Karinchak, Corbin Burnes, Taijuan Walker, Tyler Mahle.   all of their spin rates went down 155rpm or more.   Some of these guys are good anyway and i'm sure some have gone on to the next thing that is harder to detect.   

But they are far from the only ones:  of the 131 pitchers who had thrown at least 150 fastballs since June 3rd, fastball spin rates fell on all but 29 of them - tho some who dropped have had negligible drops and some had patterns where they actually did have an annual drop this time of season and those aren't included in the 'definite suspicious' list.  

June 28: Garrett Richards, to reporters: "I'm trying to figure out how to pitch again"  lmfaoooooo

On 7/31/2021 at 7:31 PM, URI_Stunna said:

worst thing that ever happened to baseball

ur a cubs fan? 

Ha unfortunately yes even though I have no connection to the city. My brother turned me into a fan so I’ve rooted for em my whole lyfee

Im talking back to the Andre Dawson dayzz with Ryan Sandberg. Mark Grace, etc.

Holyyyy Cow Harry Carey was a nut 😝 

On 8/2/2021 at 6:46 AM, kellykip said:

lol@ how much the spin rates have gone down since the crackdown on Spider Tack etc.   And the walk rate has increased from crackdown date of June 15 to now - it increased from 6/15 to 7/31 for the first time in DECADES.  Its obvious to see now why the pitchers threw such tantrums about those mound checks.  

James Kaprielian on Oakland has lost 325 rpm. lmfao

Other massive losses since upcoming crackdown announcement of 6/3 are Garrett Richards, Trevor Bauer (when he was pitching), Walker Buehler, Gerrit Cole, Dylan Cease, James Karinchak, Corbin Burnes, Taijuan Walker, Tyler Mahle.   all of their spin rates went down 155rpm or more.   Some of these guys are good anyway and i'm sure some have gone on to the next thing that is harder to detect.   

But they are far from the only ones:  of the 131 pitchers who had thrown at least 150 fastballs since June 3rd, fastball spin rates fell on all but 29 of them - tho some who dropped have had negligible drops and some had patterns where they actually did have an annual drop this time of season and those aren't included in the 'definite suspicious' list.  

June 28: Garrett Richards, to reporters: "I'm trying to figure out how to pitch again"  lmfaoooooo

I kinda have mixed feelings about the crackdown only because pitchers have been putting junk on their balls since the dawn of time. 

I also think the switch to a 17 game schedule by the NFL izz a bad move. The nfl season is such a battle of attrition half the rosters are completely thrashed by the end of the year. 

On 8/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, slizza420 said:

Ha unfortunately yes even though I have no connection to the city. My brother turned me into a fan so I’ve rooted for em my whole lyfee

Im talking back to the Andre Dawson dayzz with Ryan Sandberg. Mark Grace, etc.

Holyyyy Cow Harry Carey was a nut 😝 

Ryan Sandberg, Writer: Skiddle & Bang It. Ryan is an quadruple threat, as an actor, writer, producer and dancer. He grew up on a sailboat

not gonna lie i was hoping it said he was a quadrapelidick when i saw quad for a better joke

now i have to google skiddle & bang it

must be nice to grow up on a boat

Edited by URI_Stunna
On 4/3/2021 at 4:23 PM, URI_Stunna said:

where is the 2021 mlb off season thread?

On 4/25/2021 at 1:09 PM, URI_Stunna said:

i'd rather have pablo sandoval pitch than garrett richards. can't they just tell him to go away?

On 4/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, JKoblyn said:

This aged well

Yes I Did GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The 'Notion' of keeping it together.

Edited by URI_Stunna
seasons over
On 8/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, wantagolf said:

Of course he's great. 

Fernando Tatis, Jr. has missed 23 games this season and still leads the National League in stolen bases (23) and home runs (31 - 6 ahead of 2nd place)

and tied for most errors in mlb.

he is special - i didn't realize he had missed that much time.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, JKR said:

It’s going to be rough with only baseball for the next month until football starts up. The Olympics helped the past few weeks. 

Saratoga tho

0:40 - 3:00    and probably the greatest stretch call of a race by an announcer in history

Edited by kellykip
On 8/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, LeftyMark said:

I haven't watched a baseball game in years.  Fuck if I know.

ha. i just can't wait for the epic collapse.

that guy on the arch painting commercials joe jackahloni jagoloni w/e always makes me laugh and think that its a name that the jerky boys would use in a prank call

yea this is joe jagholoni i'm callin about the fuckin paintin job on craigslist

On 8/6/2021 at 7:41 PM, LeftyMark said:

Lol that guy must do a lot of business.  All those ads can't be cheap.

i need to re up my prank call game. i don't think me and my friend paid for a meal at burger king for 5 years before i went to jr. high. lol. pretty sure our parents loved it. we used to call the burger king hotline and complain and joke with em and they would send us free meal coupons. lol. only friend i had in early 1990 somethin with a speaker phone when i was 7

lookin back its hilarious cause we could both talk to the person that answered and were huge jerky boys fans from an older friends brother when they came out

we must have called the burger king hotline 1000 times

Edited by URI_Stunna

I just remember in like the 7th grade calling America's Most Wanted from a school payphone telling them I just captured the peanut butter bandit.  They were like wtf and later that day there was an announcement that the phone was for emergency use only.  I felt like a champ that day.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:26 PM, LeftyMark said:

I just remember in like the 7th grade calling America's Most Wanted from a school payphone telling them I just captured the peanut butter bandit.  They were like wtf and later that day there was an announcement that the phone was for emergency use only.  I felt like a champ that day.

i played soccer with the brothers of the guy richard hatch that won the first survivor. their dad was like 70 when i was in Jr. high or so. i guess he disowned the survivor winner cause he was guy and the guy was a hardo. we called him mr snatch and the 2 kids the snatch twins and he freaked out so obv it got more funny once we realized what it meant so the whole team called him and them the snatch family. it was before the guy won on survivor and then didn't pay taxes on the $ he won.

pretty sure we were at a highway roadside roy rodgers around ny/nj when he finally blew a gasket. we all just laughed

Edited by URI_Stunna