advertisement_alt
norab

How to splice a YouTube video?

What's the easiest way to cut say 3 to 5 seconds out of a youtube video and then use it in my own video in imovie? Not trying plagiarize or anything, just want to cut out a quick clip. Like Ivan Drago saying, "If he dies, he dies" in Rocky IV . I just want to take those 3 seconds and splice them into my own video. 

PM @DONKWOOD and ask him in a very detailed way what you need help with... He usually responds within minutes and if he's in a good mood he will help for free, or at the very least he will only ask for some local Dorito flavored items.  If he doesn't respond right away just keep trying, I know he sometimes has a glitch with his messages.

i disagree. i had sent donk a bunch of videos of my friends and had asked how to "blend them together". he called me while i was on the road in dallas asking (in some rather weird speech (ridiculous loud voice , mind you)  if i was free and was i Catching that weekend. him and i have not spoken in a long time. 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:14 AM, norab said:

What's the easiest way to cut say 3 to 5 seconds out of a youtube video and then use it in my own video in imovie? Not trying plagiarize or anything, just want to cut out a quick clip. Like Ivan Drago saying, "If he dies, he dies" in Rocky IV . I just want to take those 3 seconds and splice them into my own video. 

You can add to the description of the authors of the videos or short videos that you have used. This will help avoid blocking the video.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:39 AM, Kiribato said:

Windows movie maker does the job. 

First download the video from youtube ( just Google how to do that) then create your own

Thanks fellas, I got it figured out.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, norab said:

Thanks Donk, but I figured out.

No problem. If you ever need help just hit me up. I used to write code for YouTube.