advertisement_alt
wantagolf

***Not Quite Threadworthy May 2021***

20 minutes ago, wantagolf said:

How is Austin not a top city for BBQ.  They have Salt Lick.  That has to put them close to the top with the one joint.  

They also have Franklin's, which may be the GOAT. Also, where the fuck is Memphis?

Might want to ask the other more class centric  OTer's but i dont think the type of people that eat Memphis BBQ, can log onto a computer and use Tripdvisor?  Atleast they cant for COVID, so i'm sure there is some follow thru for other online web sites?  But again, ask the other OTer's they are more up on that than I.  hahaha

Somebody else needs to start a golfing thread 🧵 for dis year. 

I like my old Ping Rapture but it’s like 15 years old and I’m prob sacrificing 10-15 yards of distance compared to the new drivers. The Cobra speed and the Callaway Epic Max are both supposed to be great drivers

O well irons and wedges are really where you make ur birdies I need to hit the range and just hit hundreds of wedge shots

I'm broke now, but I'm very happy.  Been out of work since Christmas.  Start a new job Monday. Yea me.  Been a tough 5 months.  General labor at a construction company.  Get to play with heavy equipment and blow stuff up sometimes.  (Train tracks thru a mountain pass).  

Btw.  Skagway had about 950 year round residents before "the pandemic".  Down to 470.  Never be the same again.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, uncle.skagway said:

I'm broke now, but I'm very happy.  Been out of work since Christmas.  Start a new job Monday. Yea me.  Been a tough 5 months.  General labor at a construction company.  Get to play with heavy equipment and blow stuff up sometimes.  (Train tracks thru a mountain pass).  

Btw.  Skagway had about 950 year round residents before "the pandemic".  Down to 470.  Never be the same again.

sorry to read this skag, but wish you the best. you seem pretty resilient. i've always wanted to visit up there.

did half of the population move due to no work, or was it due to covid infections?

2 minutes ago, PlusToTheEV said:

sorry to read this skag, but wish you the best. you seem pretty resilient. i've always wanted to visit up there.

did half of the population move due to no work, or was it due to covid infections?

No work dude.  96% of our economy is reliant on cruise ship tourism.  As far as covid, we were one if the last 3 boroughs or counties to have a reported case.  And we are now over 70% fully vaccinated.  

Oh.  And has anyone check out the price for lumber?  Take a guess at what a 4x8 sheet of 1/2inch composite plywood is at the yard here in town.  If you guessed $86.00. You were right.

You’d think they would try and make some sort of clothing to cover up where their stomachs meet, but they’re just like “fuck it, throw a towel over it.”