wantagolf

***Not Quite Threadworthy May 2021***

6 hours ago, acp said:

I’m a big fan of showing my wife how much we appreciate her as a mom. I also hate planning things and have a terrible memory.

We discussed it and decided no gifts, but continue to allow the other person to have the "day off" to sleep in and not deal with kid bullshit.

5 hours ago, Kiribato said:

Any something's day is just stupid to me. Just marketing. If you love somebody, show it all year round. 

Hallmark holidays

33 minutes ago, time4badbeat said:

We discussed it and decided no gifts, but continue to allow the other person to have the "day off" to sleep in and not deal with kid bullshit.

This is cool imo

We can walk San Fran Neighborhoods that we have not explored previously. - Or the Bezerkly Hills Redwoods - Or Angels Island with the Beagle. ( but the Beagle is not allowed = On the Ferry - Or the Island - So that is out )

Weather here is Perfect !!  Thinking a 7 Mile loop hike on the Dip Sea Trail ... And dinner on the waterfront in Sausalito.  But I did not buy the Passes now needed required - just to even had the Right to to even walk/park their Beforehand ....

So my plans are currently Fucked !!   

Looking like and Apple Fitter in Bed - With a cup of coffee .. Then do work on the vehicles, garden, yards and laundry.

christ...that's way worse than i thought. how does this site even make $? do we have a backup plan for when it shuts down? It would be kinda weird to spend 15 years on a forum then one day lose all contact to 95% of the posters. 😞

2 hours ago, Camzeeee said:

christ...that's way worse than i thought. how does this site even make $? do we have a backup plan for when it shuts down? It would be kinda weird to spend 15 years on a forum then one day lose all contact to 95% of the posters. 😞

They're actually going to take all of our 10 year old posts, dredge up the "problematic" ones and blackmail each of us

11 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Don’t see these too often around here.08254FFB-4557-49F8-BC28-42876D3C237A.thumb.jpeg.430e67c6d35e7f0ed63a57fa5d8e0545.jpeg

DBCDBA90-B9A7-4DD4-85E7-36DAD071D596.jpeg

Pileated woodpepper?  saw one of these when I was a kid in wisconsin...ridiculously bigger than a regular woodpecker

1 minute ago, satchmo said:

Pileated woodpepper?  saw one of these when I was a kid in wisconsin...ridiculously bigger than a regular woodpecker

I thought it was a regular red-headed woodpecker.  Definitely bigger than I thought they were.  And I know that tree is dead but i got an action shot of him taking off a huge chunk of park with one peck.  I've seen some smaller ones do the rapid peck in short bursts...this guy was doing windups and whack once like he was swinging a pick-axe

2 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I thought it was a regular red-headed woodpecker.  Definitely bigger than I thought they were.  And I know that tree is dead but i got an action shot of him taking off a huge chunk of park with one peck.  I've seen some smaller ones do the rapid peck in short bursts...this guy was doing windups and whack once like he was swinging a pick-axe

pileated peckers are huge! badass birds.. the smaller guys w quick pecks are prolly red headed peckers (more common) if u see a pileated one you’ll know! their triangles are huge