uncle.skagway

Afghanistan

On 8/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, wantagolf said:

No American Soliders were killed in the last 18 months in country in combat.

Wow Joe had a really good run going there.  I'm sure everyone was giving him props.

*checks notes*

Nope.  Gas prices and stealing hamburgers...

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, kellykip said:

then whose idiotic idea was it to change course and actually leave Afghanistan?

Because of the bumper sticker crowd.  i honestly think we should of just stayed, like in Korea, Germany, Japan all the other places we keep a stabilizing footprint.  But i know the WOKE people dont like that and i get it.  We arent the Worlds police, but we should be the worlds partner in stabilizing a region that needs to be stabilized. 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:49 PM, wantagolf said:

I honestly think we should of just stayed, like in Korea, Germany, Japan all the other places we keep a stabilizing footprint.  

We should be the worlds partner in stabilizing a region that needs to be stabilized. 

None of this, we just shouldn’t have put an Alzheimer’s patient in charge of planning the withdrawal 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 2:49 PM, wantagolf said:

Because of the bumper sticker crowd.  i honestly think we should of just stayed, like in Korea, Germany, Japan all the other places we keep a stabilizing footprint.  But i know the WOKE people dont like that and i get it.  We arent the Worlds police, but we should be the worlds partner in stabilizing a region that needs to be stabilized. 

10000% agree with your take.  

We cannot cure the entire world's ills, but when we are already there, and we know what is going to happen if we leave currently, we are obligated to stay.  I think our presence has served as a big stabilizer and a big plus.

I don't care if there are libs etc that want us out.  It's easy for them to say; they are in their cul de sac safe and sound

Edited by kellykip
  • Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, wantagolf said:

Damn, they dying on the tables quickly.  Get a surgeon over there to save these service members.  Sounds like they dont have a surgical team or MASH unit in country

sdlkhg;akldfngi;oaerngk;ljsadfngbjk;adfhgi;onwdfklbni[ogndfngvboi[sadnfvk'lnasd,/lnktgfioaergnjiadnfgvbjk;adnrgujbaedfjk vbk;jgvbuipadtgijk;adfgvn

The sheer level of incompetence all the way around right now is absolutely horrific. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

One of the medics was killed there today too. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, wantagolf said:

Damn, they dying on the tables quickly.  Get a surgeon over there to save these service members.  Sounds like they dont have a surgical team or MASH unit in country

wow.  seems hard to believe; wouldn't a surgical team of some sort be standard on site staff for a troop withdrawal from an instable region?

Im seeing 12 US service members and 13 Afghans killed in the bombings at current count.  

Edited by kellykip
On 8/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, JKR said:

Now you hold on there. Don’t forget about me. george w bush door GIF

Yeah I almost included him. But in hindsight I didn’t hate him as much as I thought I did. His response to the attacks on 9/11 were about as good as anyone could have done in his position. He couldn’t talk off the cuff and fumbled a lot but he wasn’t a total goof. I didn’t agree with his policies or agenda (finishing his daddy’s war with iraq) but overall I think he did a fair job as president.  I also think dick made more decisions than bush and most of those were to benefit himself.

I want to say I believe after the vote is over (so long as it was a legitimate win) we as Americans should get behind whoever is in the office despite who we voted for or whether we agree with them. But it’s getting harder and harder to do that. This guy is pathetic (and so is she). If you’re still defending him you’re part of the problem 

• Like 2