advertisement_alt
Mrnutcracker

attention top 100 players: utter arrogance

Question

i won't name names because i feel its very crass. was in the 11pm $109 ub tournament tonight, it got headsup with a wellknown pro vs an very polite unknown. unknown was big underdog, with a chipstack a third of the pro. however, the pro still proceeded to talk sh!t to him. underdog said something to the effect he was in big trouble, and pro said "you would need a chip stack of 3-1 to be even money against me". this wasn't the only thing the pro said to the amateur, constantly chirping him throught their match. i could understand if it was to get some pyschological advantage but the chip stacks were so skewed that it was unnecessary. what it looked like was just outright arrogance. last hand was k10 vs k8, pro having k8 and hitting the straight on the river. the last comment of the night was by the pro saying "TX GG" when the straight hit. the pro had a great night, winning the FT 1K monday and i guess was feeling cocky. however, i've never seen any of the bigname pros act as classless as this guy did. he had absolutely no reason to belittle the guy like he did. annete, pearljammer, mkind etc. i've always had the utmost respect for not only bc they are great players, bc also they've acted respectfully in the chat and respected their sport. supposedly this guy is only 18, and if he reads this forum he should know who i'm talking about. so in short: shame on you. how dare you belittle someone else, especially when it is of no monetary value whatsoever to you. if you had your 60k night playing live poker and acted the way you did you'd have people waiting to meet you in the parking lot. just remember, when you win you're not only representing yourself but all the tourney pros in general.

30 answers to this question

congats on the big day. i even wished you gl in the chat. i just didn't like the fact you belittled the other guy for no reason. unless hes one of your buddies you have no idea if that was a big win for him not, so i don't see any reason to rub it in his face thats hes an inferior player or the fact that he lost

Some unidentified player who is sitting at Johnnybax's computer right now and whose screenname rhymes with "heats" would like to wish the unidentified trash talker his most sincere congratulations. Shawty what ya drank, he got money in da bank......or something like that.

Annonymous.

Honestly, there is no friends in poker baby. When you come back to the forum, and the game is off, that's a place to show class, or after the cards are up and there is no more playing left. If there is still cards to be dealt, I don't mind any sort of talking @ the table what so ever. It's up to support to tell the players what they can and cannot do, not you or the other rail birds.

Interesting, since I don't think I've ever played you before. Another P5er looking to tear down my name...what a coincidence!

In fact, many people tell me I'm one of the NICER people when it comes to chatting at the table. The only time I get mad is when some prick on the rail provokes me to. Otherwise, I generally stick to the "if you can't say anything nice, stfu" mantra when I'm playing.