Adam

Interview with DuckU---is his accomplishment the greatest ever in online poker?

Question

We've got an interview with Greg "DuckU" Hobson up on the front page now:

http://www.pocketfives.com/ADEAE06F-2FBE-4C75-8C35-0C653FF99990.aspx

I think his back-to-back wins in the Full Tilt Sunday majors clearly ranks among the greatest online poker accomplishments of all time. Nobody has done that (actual back-to-back wins in the same event) since the Sunday tournaments have gotten this big---fields were 2,340 and 1,647 people in these two, and the 1,647 people one was a $500 buy in.

What do you think? How does this measure up against some of the other accomplishments we've seen?

DoubleDown- he has been winning on BODOG for years- and the skill level needed to beat 10/20nl there a year ago is the same needed to win at 200nl or even 100nl on Stars or FTP right now.

And I am pretty sure he'd agree with me. we had some good battles on bodog and talked a lot of shit, but we came to a mutual respect I think. He improved a lot towards the end of 06, and is now repected by almost all the bodog regulars I've talked to. Some even consider him the best regular on the site.

hell of an accomplishment, probably the most amazing to date...but DuckU said himself that the second tourney was more of a crapshoot...and obv the sundays, with huge fields definitely are.

let's see if any site is willing to set up a structure that isn't such a crapshoot back can sustain big fields, ie, NOT UB, and after a couple months we'll see if the DuckU type domination can be matched.

DuckU, very well done, greatest online tourney accomplishment yet....but i won't say that it will never be topped, especially if the sites slow down their sunday structure, maybe add a couple levels, or a couple minutes to each level.

Love him or hate him, Jordan Brekowicz did FT the WCOOP ME the year before he won it, that is very sick, at least on par with this accomplishment. M8king moves went back to back FT's in the party millions a while back too with a win and a 3rd I think. DBLGTSHT finished top 5 in back to back millions on stars(when it was a 250K or 500K I think) and Carlos Mortenson won the stars million(when it was a smaller guarantee) back to back. This is right up there with the greatest Sunday major accomplishments ever, but a clear cut #1...... I'm not so sure, definately on of the top 5 ever, but it's tough to say IMO that one of those accomplishments is greater than another, they are all incredibly dificult and highly unlikely by even the best players in the world. Congrats dude, you're a legend.

this is sick but winning the stars million twice in the span of 2 months has to be sicker. with fields over 7k+ and 2k+ for over 400k has to be the sickest accomplishment ever. swedisrotkuk and zigenaaren are the same person and winning the 215 version of the mil and then also the 530 version outright is just not human...i dont think anything can ever compare to this

The greatest accomplishment in online poker is obviously aejones final tabling 6 of 8 109rs, and getting back to back 3rds in the fuper. I mean, dude final tabled like 8 of 50 tournaments he played, that is sick. aejones is sick good.

Long live aejones: the man, the myth, and the legend.

I think you are wrong Pokerpr0, he is obviously on a sick heater, you have to be to beat back to back fields of that amount...sorry sir, no matter what u believe, u can only control so much of poker, you kow that you cant accomplish this without being on a sick heater, you cant avoid the countless 70/30s and such...no doubt hes prolly a good player...but hes also one of the luckiest now.